1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OK CHRISTY GREEN: Missing from Sayre, OK - 10 Aug. 2015 - Age 46 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by gadget, Sep 12, 2015.

1. gadget

gadget Active Member

No it doesn't sound good. I talked to my friend a couple of hours ago. She said her uncle...Christy's father thinks she's dead, and the police have been no help. For whatever reason Christy's father does not want flyers posted. Christy has 3 siblings, and none have been interested in looking for her, so my friend and her sister have been the only ones out trying to find their cousin. My friend is mentally and physically exhausted at this point. She also told me the police never found out who wrote the 3 checks on Christy's bank account, and her uncle told her there has been no more activity on Christy's bank account...which is a bad sign. My friend simply said to me...."I just don't know what else to do".

WindStorm and Kimster like this.
  2. gadget

gadget Active Member

Paul Harvey once said on the air...."If you want to murder someone and get away with it go to Beckham County Oklahoma." I just leave it at that....

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'm not surprised. :(

When I first started looking into crime across the country, I was often told that Oklahoma and Tennessee were the worst. However since then, I've been hearing of certain jurisdictions in both states being very astute to solving crime so I'm hoping that things are changing for the better.

WindStorm and gadget like this.
  4. Kimster

The perceived apathy in wanting to search for her seems odd!

MadgeS likes this.
  5. gadget

gadget Active Member

Maybe and maybe not...I hate to say, because there are a lot of families broken and estranged from each other. I happen to come from one myself. This might sound or seem odd to you as well, but if my father went missing today, I would not be out looking for him. I'm sorry if it's cold, but like I tell others who might want to judge my decision, please don't until you've been in the exact hell I've been in...then I will listen. My friend told me after Christy's son commited suicide two years ago she's been heavily into drugs, and my friend says that's what has changed the relationships with her siblings, but her cousins have not changed there feelings, and like I said the only ones who've been looking for her. My friend is mentally, and physically tired but I think most of that comes from frustration in dealing with the cops that aren't helping, and the uncle/father who has it set in his head and heart his daughter is dead. I can feel her frustration and certainly understand it.

Kimster likes this.
  6. gadget

gadget Active Member

I grew up in Erick but moved away for about 22 yrs. I can tell you there have been several murders in this very small town, and not ONE has ever been solved...they just go away.

7. Kimster

Oh that's a good point. I know families with estrangements and I can imagine this now that you've explained it this way. :hug:

gadget likes this.
  8. Kimster

This is not right!!! I just did a Google search and indeed, a few cold cases popped right up!!!

gadget likes this.
  9. gadget

gadget Active Member

Some you probably won't find on google, or anywhere else.

Kimster likes this.
  10. Kimster

I believe you! And the ones that popped up that were solved didn't appear to be due to investigations. I do hope things are changing.

11. gadget

gadget Active Member

Everyone thought Michael Smith's murderer would be behind bars the rest of his miserable life, but no....I will never forget when that verdict was handed down. The whole town was shocked...in disbelief...it was just crazy

Kimster likes this.
  12. gadget

gadget Active Member

Our judicial system scares the hell out of me! It really does.

Kimster likes this.
  13. gadget

gadget Active Member

Sorry I kind of got of the topic.

14. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

so no confirmation of her being found...just someone's feeling? sad.

gadget likes this.
  15. gadget

gadget Active Member

No she's not be found, or seen, or heard from... I've offered my help to my friend more than once. I don't know what else to do. I think they should make flyers but for some reason dad says no...so what else do you do???

MadgeS likes this.
  16. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I think you've done all you can. :)
    I'd like to know why her dad doesn't want missing flyers ? They imo can be helpful/possibly jogging someones memory.

gadget likes this.
  17. gadget

gadget Active Member

I would like to know too, but I don't, and all my friend tells me is he doesn't want them. Could it be his pride?? We're all different that's for sure. That's the only thing I can think of. I volunteer for CFSI Oklahoma for Missing children, and we've located a lot of kids safe with flyers. They are a major tool for sure

MadgeS likes this.
  18. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

It could be pride, protection of other family members. I wish he would allow posters to hang within a few miles of where she was last seen. A missing flier in front of a 7-11 could help a lot.

gadget likes this.
  19. gadget

gadget Active Member

20. Kimster

Oh dear! That does sound foreboding! But miracles happen all the time! Keep praying with me and I'll keep tweeting! Everyone share her on your social networks and perhaps the right person will see her picture and call in that tip of how to find her!

gadget likes this.