1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

WA Claremont serial killer

Discussion in 'Australia: Cold Cases' started by MarlyWings, May 27, 2015.

1. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks Cupcake WOW
    I didnt know this until tonight because the news in Victoria all day has been about the foiled terrorist plot.
    @fox68 was pretty spot on in his post above.
    This is almost unbelievable. WAPOL have worked so hard in solving this.
    The community will be reeling over that he was still living only 30 minutes away.
    Are they saying yet if he actually ever was a taxi driver?

GarAndMo49, MULDER and Cupcake like this.
  2. Cupcake

Cupcake Active Member

I have not come across anything that says he ever was a taxi driver as yet but I will be sure to inform you if I do @MissyMoo

3. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks @Cupcake are you over in WA?
    I cant believe this news, im madly on google trying to see if hes also been charged for Sarah as well but nothing online yet.
    I clearly remember they thought it was a cabbie even 20 years later, and parents were picking up their daughters after a night out.

GarAndMo49, Mel Daly and MULDER like this.
  4. Cupcake

Cupcake Active Member

No Im up in qld :)omg finally just worked out how to use emojis on here hahahaha.I'm madly googling also.from what I've read on social media he's not a taxi driver n never was but that's social media so who knows.I'll keep to googling for now little more reliable

5. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

Main Stream Media

23rd December, 2016

Claremont serial killings: Man fronts court over murder of two women and assault of two others

Read more at http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...claremont-killings-report#MX5WSMqYZTczYXsd.99
    http://www.9news.com.au/national/2016/12/23/05/40/arrest-over-claremont-killings-report

Full Police announcement is on video at the 9News Link above - Video: 4min+

Transcript of the Announcement by WA Police - (3 x screenshots)
    I have tried to make sure that the following transcript from the video supplied by 9News is as accurate as possible.
    If there are any mistakes, please notify a moderator to have the correction/s made.
    MULDER

upload_2016-12-24_1-17-45.png

upload_2016-12-24_1-18-44.png
    upload_2016-12-24_1-19-53.png

6. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thanks for finding that @MULDER ive just found a link with Mr Spiers, i will add.

7. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

8. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

No worries @MissyMoo - that is a transcript I did from the news video, I just had to screenshot the word doc instead of copy and paste - just in case there were any mistakes as it is not an official release copy, just
    something for here on the CWN thread.

9. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au...s/news-story/4660796762fa08830aeaabe1a56d55fc

I never heard anymore about this possible connection after reading this article, creepy as.
    Mrs Whitehead attended the same high school as the Claremont killers other known victims.

Also Robyn Santen more recently was last seen leaving a winebar (only half an hour from where the accused lives) only her car was seen at the beach carpark - not her. There is a thread here for Robyn on the Aussie boards.

Is anyone else in shock over this arrest? I AM :thud:
    I kind of just assumed the families would never know an answer.

10. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Thank you so much (that would take me all day to type that many words Mulder) :blush:
    WAPOL arernt going to give up on getting answers for the Spiers family as well going by the tone in that transcript. I hope they get them soon.

11. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

That is very interesting - I don't think that Robyn just walked away or self harmed. I hope her case is one that the investigation might be looking into.

I'm very glad that this guy has been arrested.
    No body - no parole. Hope it applies to the Claremont case.

12. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

GarAndMo49 and MULDER like this.
  13. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Mulder i hope WAPOL do whatever they have to do to him :cool: to get some answers for Sarahs mum and dad.
    Dont know how much "dealing" he can do, sounds like they have him for sure on the other two girls already, on the news it looked like an early morning blitz arrest, did you see that?

14. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

The police catching this guy gives me hope that they will also catch Melbournes Mr Cruel too one day.

15. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

MSM

December 24, 2016 2:12pm

Claremont serial killings: Police search property in Madora Bay
    Read full Article: http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...y/news-story/6b64e4cb36446fbe7a252f353726534a

POLICE investigating the Claremont serial killings are continuing to search a property in Madora Bay.
    It is understood the property belongs to the parents of Bradley Robert Edwards, who has been charged with the murders of Ciara Glennon and Jane Rimmer.
    The 48-year-old from Kewdale appeared at Perth Magistrates Court on Friday charged over the killings.
    He has also been charged with attacks on two other women, a 17-year-old in Claremont in 1995 and an 18-year-old in Huntingdale in 1988.
    -----

upload_2016-12-28_17-45-51.png

GarAndMo49, spike, MissyMoo and 2 others like this.
  16. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

17. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I wonder what they think they will find during the search? Do they have to list specific items on a warrant, like they do here?

18. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member

Kimster the police dont always need a warrant here, they just have to have a reasonable belief they will find someone or something "relevant to an offence". They would have executed this raid so quickly this guys eyes would not have had time to blink!
    I dont believe they ever need a warrant to search our cars here but is stricter when its for a body search.

Are you saying in America the police have to specify exactly which items they are looking for? How does that work if they dont know specifically what they are looking for until they find it?
    Your laws are so complicated mate o_O

19. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Tell me about it! Search warrants differ a tad from state to state and in Oregon they are very complicated!

20. MissyMoo

MissyMoo Bronze Member