1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OK CLINTON JOHN DOE: WM, 16-20, hit by vehicle near I-40 overpass in Clinton, OK - 26 June 1972

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 4, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]

On June 26, 1972, an unidentified male pedestrian was involved in a fatal accident when he was struck by a vehicle near the I-40 overpass on Highway 183 in Clinton, Oklahoma.

He had long brown hair, just above his shoulders in length. He also had unshaven faint hair growth along the sides of his cheeks.

He was wearing a blue double-knit shirt ("Never Iron brand" by CAMPUS), blue jeans with a brown leather 30-inch belt with “Captain’s” buckle, tall brown leather boots (size 9-9.5) with 1 inch closing strap and brass rings on either side and a blue armband on his left arm made of denim material. Also found with the decedent was a pack of cigarettes (“MARLBORO” brand) with a St Louis, Missouri stamp #42289, a white-gold colored promise ring with “TC968” engraved on the inside, and a sheet of paper with dates June 16 through June 30 suggesting that the subject was employed by a company or location called Mollincrodt/Mellincrodt/Mallinckrodt.

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMU/1184327/1

Edited by staff to add media

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-40-overpass-in-clinton-ok-26-june-1972.2053/

Last edited: Jul 27, 2018
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Pedestrian or hitchhiker hit by a car near the overpass on U.S. Highway 183 to I-40. Lying some 6 feet off the shoulder of I-40 going West at approximately 375 yards east of the overpass of U.S. Highway 183.

Estimated age Adult - Pre 20
    Minimum age 16 years
    Maximum age 20 years
    Race White
    Sex Male
    Weight (pounds) 140, Estimated
    Height (inches) 68, Estimated

White gold-colored "promise" ring, TC968 engraved inside.

One pack of Marlboro cigarettes, a St.Louis County, Missouri stamp #42289 in pocket.

Written on sheet - Mollincrodt or Mellincrodt. (Mallinckrodt industry in Saint Louis has been contacted. They have no records that match this individual.)
    RULE OUTS
    The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:
    Peter J Bonick - California
    Harold Dewayne Costello - Oklahoma
    Warren Niederfringer - Connecticut
    Charles Edward Propst - Missouri

[​IMG]

NAMUS - https://identifyus.org/en/cases/2991

3. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals is an Irish company that has the main operating headquarters in St. Louis, MO. I would doubt that the company has records that go that far back. I would hope LE was able to locate this company back then. The write up makes it out like they had no idea what it was. It is a global company and wouldn't have been difficult to research even in the early '70s.

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Yeah the writeup does make it sound like they don't know what the company is/was...
    But then NamUs said this... So maybe they're just looking for anything else it could be since this company had no records of him.

5. Redrover

Redrover Well-Known Member

Thanks for pointing that out. I should probably read everything twice before I respond!

6. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

FWIW...
    If this John Doe was a contractor or traveling to/from a job site then it would make sense that Mallinckrodt didn't know him directly as an employee but the agency he worked for would. Mallinckrodt does have records dating back to at least the 1942 Manhattan Project. They produce nuclear medicine and by Federal law have to maintain detailed work project management records.
    (My parents retired from this company 20+ yrs ago.) ;)

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.