1. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

COOPER HARRIS: The State of Georgia vs. Ross Harris, Hot Car Dad, for murder of son *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 20, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

1 year later: Dad at center of hot car death still awaiting trial

A man police believe intentionally killed his son remains in jail, and a trial date remains distant one year after a young boy died inside a hot car in Georgia

Cooper Harris, 2, died after he was left inside his father’s hot car for more than seven hours on June 18, 2014.

At first, many expressed outrage that his father, Ross Harris, was charged with his death, but as more evidence came to light, the pendulum swung the other way. Many say they will never forget the emotions felt that day.

[snip]

Reynolds told Cavitt because there is so much evidence there will likely be motions hearings held maybe this fall, and a trial possibly next year.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/national/1-year-later-ross-harris-still-awaiting-trial-hot-/nmghf/

[​IMG]

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Questions remain one year later in tot’s hot car death

Thursday marks the one-year anniversary of the tragic death of 22-month-old Cooper Harris, a Georgia toddler who died after his father allegedly left him strapped in a hot car for hours while he was at work.

The child’s father, 34-year-old Justin Ross Harris, was indicted by a grand jury last September on eight counts, including malice murder, felony murder and cruelty to children in the first and second degree. He pleaded not guilty.

[snip]

A criminal warrant states that Harris accessed his car at lunchtime through the front driver’s side door and placed an object in the vehicle.

Prosecutors say Harris would have had ample opportunity to see that his son was still in the car, especially since his head would have been visible over the car seat, according to tests conducted by investigators.

Police also said Harris searched the Internet for information about how long it would take for a child to die in a hot car in addition to visiting subreddits about "people who die" and people who live child-free lives.

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2015/06/17/hot-car-death-cooper-justin-ross-harris-one-year-anniversary

GarAndMo49 and Scoobie like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

4. charlie

charlie gruntled

did he and his wife divorce or is she sticking by him? (I know I could google it...you guys may know quicker though)

GarAndMo49 and Scoobie like this.
  5. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

Just a guess, but I doubt she would file until he has gone to trial. She may be worried he will try and implicate her.

6. charlie

charlie gruntled

Nothing from this year that I saw about her...I suspect you are right @Lambchop

GarAndMo49 and Athena like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

MARIETTA, Ga. —

Lawyers for a Georgia man accused of intentionally leaving his toddler in a hot vehicle to die want a judge to close the courtroom for hearings where evidence will be discussed before the trial.

Citing extensive local and national media attention focused on this case, Justin Ross Harris' lawyers argued in a motion filed Tuesday that allowing public and media access to such pretrial hearings could jeopardize his right to a fair trial and make it impossible to seat a fair and impartial jury.

The Associated Press and several other media outlets plan to challenge the request to close the courtroom.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/loca...losed-to/nncZF/?ecmp=wsbtv_social_twitter_sfp

Kimster, GarAndMo49, daisy7 and 3 others like this.
  8. charlie

charlie gruntled

Imagine wanting a fair trial

Kimster likes this.
  9. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

What a pity " fair" doesn't mean he'll end up locked in a metal box with a big, blazing fire lit under it.

Just sayin.

walkie-talkie, byo and Kimster like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Lily, charlie, daisy7 and 1 other person like this.
  11. walkie-talkie

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 48m48 minutes ago
    Day 2of pre trial hearing for Ross Harris, Cobb Co. Father accused of intentionally leaving son in hot SUV

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 41m41 minutes ago
    Ross Harris is waiving the motion to suppress marital conversations with his wife, so we'll hear from her at trial

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 40m40 minutes ago
    State calls Officer Piper to stand to discuss three statements Ross Harris made when he was arrested

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 38m38 minutes ago
    Detective Jacquelyn Piper, then a patrol officer, says she rushed to the scene where 22 month old Cooper was found

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 33m33 minutes ago
    Detective says when she tried to get Ross Harris off the phone initially he said to her, "Shut the F%&^ up"

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 31m31 minutes ago
    Police put Harris in handcuffs but say that was to help secure the scene, not because he was under arrest

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 29m29 minutes ago
    Detective says Harris asked her to call his wife. Saying she would be at the daycare and she'd realize little Cooper wasn't there

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 29m29 minutes ago
    Detective says Harris said "he didn't look in the car twice". He said he was supposed to drop off Cooper at the daycare

12. walkie-talkie

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 29m29 minutes ago
    Officer: #RossHarris was on the phone, yelling, when police arrived at scene of #hotcardeath, but not with wife

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 25m25 minutes ago
    Officer: #RossHarris was very calm, asked how long she had been with department on way to police station

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 22m22 minutes ago
    Ofcr had said she spooted #RossHarris "walking aimlessly, screaming into cell phone about son being dead"

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 21m21 minutes ago
    Defense contends #RossHarris was in custody, should've been read rights on way to police station

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 20m20 minutes ago
    Officer asked #RossHarris for ID, he refused, was hostile when told by another ofcr to get off phone

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 15m15 minutes ago
    Defense to ofcr: You began questioning #RossHarris but didn't read him Miranda; ofcr says she didn't need to

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 9m9 minutes ago
    Defense: What was purpose of asking #RossHarris what time he was supposed to drop child off? Ofcr: For medical info

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 8m8 minutes ago
    Defense: #RossHarris was "held against his will, in handcuffs, personal property seized" PRIOR to arrest

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 5m5 minutes ago
    Ofcr testified she heard no one "Mirandize" #RossHarris at scene

daisy7 likes this.
  13. walkie-talkie

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 14m14 minutes ago
    Det Phil Stoddard, who provided bombshell testimony during #RossHarris probable cause hearing, takes stand

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 12m12 minutes ago
    Read @AJC's review of Det. Stoddard's testimony from July 2014 probable cause hearing http://www.myajc.com/news/news/local/defense-for-toddlers-dad-writes-its-own-story/ngh3p/…

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 10m10 minutes ago
    Det Stoddard testifies he read #RossHarris Miranda rights before police station interview

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 6m6 minutes ago
    Det. Stoddard: #RossHarris waived right to have attorney present during questioning

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 11m11 minutes ago
    Detective Phil Stoddard first to talk to Ross Harris at poilice station.Took off handcuffs, offered water,snacks

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 6m6 minutes ago
    Det. Stoddard interviewed Ross Harris for about 20 minutes until Harris asked to stop the interview

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 3m3 minutes ago
    Prosecutors playing videotape of Ross Harris being read his Miranda rights

daisy7 likes this.
  14. walkie-talkie

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 3m3 minutes ago
    Police video shows #RossHarris being cooperative, sharing his law enforcement background as he's patted down

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 4m4 minutes ago
    Video shows #RossHarris reading form letter confirmation that he had been read Miranda rights

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 5m5 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris told Stoddard he worked at Tuscaloosa PD-very calm in interview room. Displays good understanding of rights.

Ross Harris almost chatty with detective as he first sits down, then read his Miranda rights #11alive

[​IMG]

15. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

TY @walkie-talkie for the updates!!

I can't remember, did we ever find out who he was on the phone with when LE got to him?

walkie-talkie likes this.
  16. walkie-talkie

YW @daisy7 !

If we did find out who he was on the phone with, I can't remember either.

daisy7 likes this.
  17. walkie-talkie

18. walkie-talkie

Ross Cavitt | WSB-TV ‏@RossCavittWSB 20m20 minutes ago
    UPDATE: Detective says Justin Ross Harris waived rights, spoke freely about son's death w/ unusual statements

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 11m11 minutes ago
    Defense: After #RossHarris was charged, he said he wanted a lawyer; 1 hr. later he was being recorded

Det: After #RossHarris said there was no malicious intent police began recording him

Det Stoddard: There was no "conspiracy" to record

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 1m1 minute ago
    Stoddard testy w/ #RossHarris atty Kilgore who's pressing him on specifics of interactions w/ client during interview

19. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 7m7 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris COULD conceivably testify today for the limited purposes of this motion to suppress - #hotcardeath motion resumes shortly

#RossHarris said he would "rather not talk anymore" after he was informed of charges

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago
    Defense concerned with statements at scene and at police station in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath motions hearing

Defense: Physical restraint renders a suspect in custody, must be read Miranda rights #RossHarris handcuffed well b4 arrest

daisy7 likes this.
  20. walkie-talkie

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 7m7 minutes ago
    Judge denies motion, says police were not compelled to read Miranda rights to #RossHarris at scene

Judge: #RossHarris was properly Mirandized, reading of charges triggered "unexpected repsonse," admissible

Big defeat for the defense--Judge allows all statements Ross Harris made to be use at trial

And that's a wrap -- hearings will resume Oct. 12, at which time trial date may be set for #RossHarris

daisy7 likes this.