1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

COOPER HARRIS: The State of Georgia vs. Ross Harris, Hot Car Dad, for murder of son *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 20, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 21m21 minutes ago
    Defense points out discrepancies in precise words of #JustinRossHarris about what he said relating to web searches

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 18m18 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris defense team thoroughly exploring exact words used by police to obtain warrants in #HotCarDeath case -claiming inaccuracy

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 8m8 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris discussed life insurance in jail calls recorded by cops-defense claims another family member raised the issue

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 4m4 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris defense says police had no evidence of financial info on electronics prior to doing the search #HotCarDeath = mere hunch

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 1m1 minute ago
    Testimony is now that #JustinRossHarris didn't say he researched #HotCarDeath - this point is very unclear now. Need to hear his interview.

2. walkie-talkie

Yeah, no reason to suspect him at all. :eyeroll:

Kimster, Ladyslug and MadgeS like this.
  3. walkie-talkie

4. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 35m35 minutes ago
    We are back underway in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath pretrial motions hearing

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 33m33 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris team focusing on "criminal negligence" allegations initially made by police in #HotCarDeath case

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 31m31 minutes ago
    Murphy says they thought it may be "malice" murder all along but didn't have evidence at that time

Duffie Dixon 11Alive Verified account ‏@DuffieDixon 24m24 minutes ago
    Judge hears audio of detective going to a judge on June 24th for a search warrant to look closer at #JustinRossHarris computer

#JustinRossHarris defense says police never told judge WHY they thought evidence would be found on electronic devices in #HotCarDeath case

noZme likes this.
  5. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq
    Defense suggests it wasn't #JustinRossHarris who brought up issue of life insurance but was another family member

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 11m11 minutes ago
    Murphy testifies #JustinRossHarris watched a TV program about #HotCarDeath situations and a "veterinarian video"

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 5m5 minutes ago
    We are on page 19 of 32 of this motion to suppress hearing in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath - 6 1/2 hours of testimony so far

daisy7 likes this.
  6. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 23m23 minutes ago
    Murphy: "we had no idea what would be on this thumb drive" - #JustinRossHarris team calls this "fishing expedition" in #HotCarDeath case

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 17m17 minutes ago
    Now on page 25 of 32 in #JustinRossHarris motion to suppress #HotCarDeath evidence - at least with this witness-Likely other witnesses next

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 6m6 minutes ago
    Defense says cops on fishing expedition in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath case-DA will argue warrants were license to fish & were valid

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 4m4 minutes ag
    Apparently #JustinRossHarris really did need replacement light bulbs at his house per Det Murphy

noZme likes this.
  7. walkie-talkie

PRETRIAL HEARING- DAY 2- PART 1

daisy7, noZme and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

There are certain terms that defense attorneys use so much that they are cliches. "Fishing expedition" is one of them.

:carryon:

Ping Pong, walkie-talkie and noZme like this.
  9. walkie-talkie

PRETRIAL HEARING- DAY 2- PART 2

daisy7 likes this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 26m26 minutes ago
    Det. Murphy is finally off the stand. Next witness in #JustinRossHarris -Reserve officer Ray Yeager

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 24m24 minutes ago
    Computer forensics detective on stand now in #HotCarDeath case against #JustinRossHarris - he did most of the IT work in this case

Police essentially copy all data on a device-called imaging - before the info is "searched" per High tech cop

There's a difference between seizing electronic device and later searching it per detective

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 16m16 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris iPhone was first electronic device to be collected - IT cops took contact info and call logs in #HotCarDeath investigation

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 13m13 minutes ago
    Did Det Yeager do a warrantless search of #JustinRossHarris iPhone or was it not a search-key legal question in #HotCarDeath investigation

Det Yeager says he copied files of interest-1 labeled "it's time" & one called "Cooper's day" & sonogram video etc in #JustinRossHarris case

Ladyslug likes this.
  11. walkie-talkie

Det Yeager found Reddit links called "child free" on electronics used by #JustinRossHarris in #HotCarDeath investigation

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 3m3 minutes ago
    Police found 5 links to "child-free" Reddit from electronics

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 10m10 minutes ago
    On cross Yeager tells about "analysis" & "extraction" done on #JustinRossHarris iPhone in #HotCarDeath case - got as much data as possible

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 7m7 minutes ago
    Yeager says he did analysis of iPhone AFTER proper search warrant in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath case-defense may not see it that way

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3m3 minutes ago
    Yeager says evidence of child cruelty could exist anywhere within an iPhone like one owned by #JustinRossHarris

12. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 29m29 minutes ago
    Defense points out that Yeager was told what to look for-implies others searched #JustinRossHarris iPhone was searched w/o warrant earlier

Riley v Calif outlawed warrantless search of cellphones decided by SCOTUS 7 days after #JustinRossHarris arrest

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 16m16 minutes ago
    Yeager says one file was "my personal credo" on #JustinRossHarris electronics #HotCarDeath investigation - no info on what it said

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 13m13 minutes ago
    Interesting file names on #JustinRossHarris electronics but we don't know what the files contain - yet. Could be meaningless

1.5 terabytes & 5 million files analyzed by Yeager in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath investigation

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2m2 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris - Yeager saved files containing pictures of Cooper in front-facing car seat and rear-facing car seat

13. walkie-talkie

PRETRIAL HEARING- DAY 2- PART 3

14. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 15m15 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris defense points out Yeager was asked by other detective to look for Reddit info since he'd never heard of it

Lead detective Stoddard now testifies in #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath case - says Harris was combative & told cops to F off

Stoddard says #JustinRossHarris didn't call 911 & he wanted to know who he was on phone with at time of #HotCarDeath - so do I!

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 9m9 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris told cops he regularly took Cooper to breakfast

Duffie Dixon 11Alive Verified account ‏@DuffieDixon 9m9 minutes ago
    Lead detective Phil Stoddard takes the stand. Says #JustinRossHarris did not call 911, he was "calm and collected"

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 9m9 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris didn't tell Stoddard he was distracted

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 8m8 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris told Stoddard he watched a video made by vet about how hot cars kill animals

Stoddard says Cooper was too large for the car seat used

#JustinRossHarris told Stoddard he disagreed "slightly" with the charges in #HotCarDeath case

15. walkie-talkie

16. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 28m28 minutes ago
    Stoddard says he talked to "Angie K" who had sent sexual messages to Harris

Stoddard says he based search warrant in part on independent tip from parents of minor who had been sexting w/Harris

DA setting up "inevitable discovery" & "consent search" argument to counter #JustinRossHarris claims of unlawful searches

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 14m14 minutes ago
    Stoddard says #JustinRossHarris watched video made by veterinarian on #HotCarDeath on his encrypted work computer taken from his vehicle

DA says #JustinRossHarris doesn't have standing to challenge search of Home Depot property (work computer)

Stoddard says evidence contradicts #JustinRossHarris statements to police on day of #HotCarDeath - particularly regarding contents of iPhone

noZme and Kimster like this.
  17. walkie-talkie

noZme likes this.
  18. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

walkie-talkie and noZme like this.
  19. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

If the day Cooper died tells us anything, what seemed important to Ross Harris was sexting women (other than his wife, including a teenager) & meeting his buddies for a beer & a movie. I am sad to say, I think that little boy's death was deliberate & planned. The dad/kid breakfast was all for show.

20. walkie-talkie

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS | PRETRIAL HEARING- DAY 2- PART 4

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS | PRETRIAL HEARING | DAY 2 - PART 5

Kimster and daisy7 like this.