1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

COOPER HARRIS: The State of Georgia vs. Ross Harris, Hot Car Dad, for murder of son *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 20, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

No one spoke on JRH's behalf.
    JRH didn't make any kind of statement, no apologies, no remorseful statement.

noZme, GatorD, Ladyslug and 4 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Ross Harris Sentencing Presser

noZme, spike, Ladyslug and 2 others like this.
  3. GatorD

GatorD Well-Known Member

I like the judges last words to the baby killer. Good job Judge and jurors of Ga.

4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Lovely courtroom moment.

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Not that JH deserves any more comment from us, but was I the only one who noticed he hasn't had a haircut lately? I suppose if you are no longer involved in the work-a-day world, you can have a shaggy-do.

6. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I am so thankful this baby murderer will never get out of prison. RIP baby Cooper.

noZme, GatorD, Cousin Dupree and 4 others like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

8. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

9. walkie-talkie

10. walkie-talkie

Ross Harris moved to Georgia Diagnostic Jail

The Georgia Diagnostic and Classification Prison houses many of the state’s death-row inmates. According to the Georgia Department of Corrections, only immediate family members are allowed to visit inmates at the jail.

The jail consists of eight cellblocks containing both double-bunked and single-bunked cells. There are also eight dormitories, a fast-track unit housing 256 general-population inmates and a medical unit.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cobb-county/ross-harris-moved-to-georgia-diagnostic-jail/474677574

noZme, Steve, spike and 2 others like this.
  11. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

I waiting for an appeal.

12. spike

spike Bronze Member

Hey, Ranch.
    Was wondering why you seem so passionate about this case?
    Just curious.
    I'm the same way about the Ramseys in the Jon Benet case.

noZme, Paradise, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  13. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that I'm really passionate about this case. I do feel that the State went overboard with the charges and because of that RH didn't get a fair trial.

The case that I would be passionate about is the Lisa Irwin case. I was between jobs and was able to really dig into that case. Learned a lot about working dogs. I found that the dog alert wasn't proof of anything.

noZme, Paradise, Steve and 2 others like this.
  14. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

Why did the State charge Harris with crimes against one minor in the murder trial and then indict him for the same things later on? I think that they wanted to make sure that the jury in the murder case was angry with him so they would vote guilty.

The separate indictment was done so that the State could get a second bite at Harris if the jury in the murder trial acquitted him. I don't buy the excuses made by the State that “advances in electronic forensic analysis" was the reason for waiting nearly two years to charge Harris with these crimes. GMAB.

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/wit...ath-faces-new-charges/lZMbuNMi1GhCwwvsnT8oYK/

noZme, Paradise, Steve and 2 others like this.
  15. spike

spike Bronze Member

I don't think the State needed to "make" the jury angry.
    I think his actions...or lack thereof...are what convicted him. IMO

Paradise, Steve and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

I would hope that the jury would only look at the evidence and not use anger about his sexting with a minor to decide whether Harris was guilty of murder or not. In my opinion it's possible one or more jurors could have had some sympathy for a father who made a horrible mistake and forgot his son in a hot car.

The state wanted to make sure that there was no sympathy possible for Harris by having him tried for unrelated sex crimes along with the murder. They wanted to inflame the jury so much that the outcome would be guilty on all counts. It worked.

Steve, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

I was on a jury and all we considered was the evidence. I didn't like the defendant because he was using the mother of his kids for an ATM and selling drugs. However, it wasn't my feelings about the defendant or anyone elses feeling that convicted him, it was the evidence.

I could care if he's texting a minor. What he was texting is what matters. IIRC, he was texting to a few women that he would be free soon.

Steve, Paradise, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Last edited: Dec 11, 2016
  19. Cousin Dupree

Steve, Paradise, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  20. Ranch

Ranch Well-Known Member

In criminal trials previous convictions are not always admissible. I agree with the reasons why. I feel that having unrelated crimes tried together creates a similar unfair situation for the defendant.

"Evidence about prior criminal offenses is generally not admissible in court, unless it is directly related to the current charge. Every United States citizen is entitled to a fair trial, so it is important to avoid the inference that the defendant committed the crime simply because he or she is a person of criminal character. That is why evidence of other crimes is inadmissible unless it has an independent relevancy besides showing a criminal disposition."

http://thomasvalonzo.com/blog/2011/03/prior-convictions-–-are-they-admissible-at-a-criminal-trial/