1. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  3. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  5. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

COOPER HARRIS: The State of Georgia vs. Ross Harris, Hot Car Dad, for murder of son *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Ex-Wife: Georgia Dad Didn’t Mean To Kill Toddler In Hot Car

[​IMG]
    Justin Ross Harris sits with his defense team in the Glynn County Courthouse in Brunswick, Ga., Monday, Nov. 14, 2016. Harris, a Georgia man whose toddler son died after being left for hours in a hot car, was convicted of murder Monday by a jury that concluded a month’s worth of trial testimony and evidence showed the father left his child to perish on purpose. (John Carrington/Atlanta Journal-Constitution via AP)

ATLANTA (AP) — The ex-wife of a 36-year-old Georgia man convicted of murder for leaving their toddler son to die inside a hot SUV says she still believes “it was an accident.”

Justin Ross Harris was sentenced to life in prison after a jury found him guilty in November. His son, 22-month-old Cooper Harris, died after being left for hours in the SUV outside his father’s workplace.

Harris’ ex-wife, Leanna Taylor, told ABC’s “20/20” in an interview airing Friday that she “never” believed he meant to kill their son.

Taylor told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution and WSB-TV her son is “seen as a child that wasn’t loved and wasn’t wanted, and that just wasn’t true.”

Taylor moved from metro Atlanta to Alabama after Cooper’s death. She testified in Harris’ defense at his trial.

2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

LT, wake up & smell the coffee.

3. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

So LT was making the media rounds today. I think she was on the Today show this morning (I didn't see it) and she was on our local news (WSBTV) and on 20/20 tonight. I saw just a minute of the WSBTV interview and most of the 20/20 episode.

She said she knows "in her heart" she had nothing to do with Cooper's death. Interesting way to phrase it.

I thought her behavior and statements were odd. JMO

4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I also watched the 20/20 . Ross was able to keep the extent of his private life from her, so why does she think it's impossible for him to have kept his desire to end his family life from her?

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

What heart?

6. walkie-talkie

Justin Ross Harris’ ex-wife: ‘I don’t believe he planned the murder of our child’
    Even now, Cooper’s grave still lacks a marker

BIRMINGHAM —

Leanna Taylor still does not believe her ex-husband, Justin Ross Harris, belongs in prison for the rest of his life. But she now says their son, Cooper, might be alive today if she had listened to her own doubts about Harris’s fidelity.

All she has left of Cooper now are photos, some videos and the tattoo she had burned into her foot with Cooper’s name and an image of his footprint. Her 22-month-old son died after his father locked him inside the family SUV for roughly seven hours on a June day in 2014.

+ [​IMG]
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Cooper Harris’ name and footprint are tattooed into Leanna Harris’ instep. Cooper was 22 months old when he died in June ... read more
    “I wish I would have acted on these suspicions,” she told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. “And maybe I would’ve found these things. And obviously if I had found them, I could have left him and I could still have my son.”
    -----

The AJC interviewed Taylor at a Birmingham hotel with Channel 2 Action News on Feb. 10, a day on which she also spoke with ABC News’ “20/20.” Aside from her testimony at her ex-husband’s trial, these were some of her first public statements since her son’s funeral. Her attorney, Lawrence Zimmerman, kept a watchful eye on the exchange.

In a wide-ranging, occasionally emotional interview, Taylor said she knows there are some who continue to believe she was complicit in a crime that continues to be dissected and debated.

“It’s been 2½ years of silence for me, not being able to tell my side of the story,” Taylor said. “Not being able to defend myself in some ways. And not being able to talk about my son.”
    -----
    After the trial, lead Cobb County prosecutor Chuck Boring essentially cleared Taylor of any criminal wrongdoing, saying in an interview with the AJC, “There’s no evidence in this case to charge her with anything.” But lead detective Phil Stoddard, while on the witness stand, wouldn’t let it go. He offered only a caveat, saying Taylor was not a suspect “at this time.”

Taylor said she has had no choice but to come to terms with law enforcement’s insinuation that she may have been involved and their refusal to admit they were wrong.

“They’re not going to apologize to me. I don’t anticipate it. I don’t expect it,” she said. “They’re not going to come forward and say that they were absolutely wrong about me, because if they come forward and say they were wrong about me there’s a chance they were wrong about Ross.”
    -----
    Right now she’s focused on preserving her son’s legacy. Taylor plans to put a marker at Cooper’s gravesite, an absence noted by some who still question whether Leanna was culpable in her son’s murder. From behind bars, her former husband has offered input on the marker. Taylor said she plans to honor Harris’ wishes.

“There’s been some communication on that,” she said. “What he would like to have on it. What I would like to have on it.”

http://www.myajc.com/news/local/jus...-the-murder-our-child/qVeG4t0aFuKV1XcroOmfuK/

Cousin Dupree, noZme and spike like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

Taylor said she doesn’t expect police or prosecutors to apologize to her.

“I know in my heart I didn’t have anything to do with it. I know that. They’re not going to come forward and say that they were absolutely wrong about me,” she said. “If they come forward and say they were wrong about me, there’s a chance they were wrong about Ross.”

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/ross-harr...sband-killed-their-son-in-a-hot-car/494772869

8. walkie-talkie

I'm curious... why the media blitz for LT today?

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Isn't that something you should know with your HEAD? You either did or didn't. Fact. Not something you "feel".

10. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

I think she may feel like it's her fault that her husband was carousing. Possibly she wasn't a good enough wife? :dunno:

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed likes this.
  11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Ross Harris’ hot car murder appeal still a work in progress

Two years and four months after Justin Ross Harris was convicted in the sensational hot-car murder trial, his appeal still has a ways to go, his new lawyer said Tuesday.

During a brief court hearing, Marietta attorney Mitch Durham said he’s yet to read all of the thousands of pages of court transcripts for the case and will need quite a bit more time before he finishes. “We are still going through it,” Durham told Cobb County Superior Court Judge Mary Staley Clark. In describing the enormous record he has to examine, Durham indicated it stands several feet tall if all the volumes are stacked atop one another. (Personally, I hope he isn't enrolled in a speed reading class - Take all the time you want Mr Durham.)

Staley Clark sentenced Harris to life in prison without the possibility of parole plus 32 years for murder as well as cruelty to children and sexual exploitation of a minor. Harris is now serving his sentence in Macon State Prison in south-central Georgia.

Prosecutors said Harris killed his son so he could be free to pursue and sleep with as many women as possible. During the trial, jurors heard testimony from eight women who said they either had sex with Harris or exchanged sexually explicit messages, including nude photos, with him.

» LISTEN | “Breakdown” Season 2: Death in a Hot Car

» PHOTOS | Family pictures from the Ross Harris trial

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/ross...remains-work-progress/Ba7pIwgSmJSdusCahDKzsM/
    [​IMG]
    In-depth reporting on local issuesSTART YOUR SUBSCRIPTION

Harris, a former Home Depot web designer, was convicted in November 2016 of purposefully leaving his 22-month-old son Cooper in the family’s sweltering SUV. Cooper died June 18, 2014.

Staley Clark sentenced Harris to life in prison without the possibility of parole plus 32 years for murder as well as cruelty to children and sexual exploitation of a minor. Harris is now serving his sentence in Macon State Prison in south-central Georgia.

Prosecutors said Harris killed his son so he could be free to pursue and sleep with as many women as possible. During the trial, jurors heard testimony from eight women who said they either had sex with Harris or exchanged sexually explicit messages, including nude photos, with him.

[​IMG]

Justin Ross Harris begins prison term. (Photo courtesy of the Georgia Department of Corrections)
    Photo: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Harris’ trial attorneys strongly denied such a motive and insisted Harris left Cooper in his car by accident.

The second season of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Breakdown podcast covered the trial from beginning to end.

Staley Clark had scheduled Tuesday’s status hearing to find out where Harris’ initial appeal — called a motion for a new trial — stands. She told Durham she understood why it was taking so long, given the weeks-long trial, pretrial motions hearings and a prolonged jury selection.

Staley Clark said she will schedule another status hearing in about six months to get another update.

After the hearing, Durham said he did not expect to be finished preparing the new trial motion by the time Staley Clark holds the next hearing. But he said he expects to have a good idea of when he will be ready by the time it is held.

Cobb prosecutor Chuck Boring said he was not surprised by the delay.

“Because of the nature of this case and the issues involved and the length of the trial, it’s not out of the ordinary for an appeal like this to take so long,” he said.

Support real journalism. Support local journalism. Subscribe to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. See offers.

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Justin Ross Harris: Monster ‘dad’ who left baby to slowly bake inside hot car is fighting for new trial on anniversary of son’s death

Five years after a Georgia man left his toddler son inside a hot car for eight hours, he’s still hoping to be released from prison one day and awaiting his court date after filing an appeal.

In 2016, a jury convicted Harris of malice murder and sentenced him to life in prison. He’s currently housed in a segregation unit at Macon State Prison, for his own protection, according to his attorney, Carlos Rodriguez.

“Prison changes you,” Rodriguez said.

Harris continues to push for a new trial on grounds that “prejudicial testimony” made it an “absolute impossibility” for him to receive a fair trial, according to the outlet. Harris’ defense team argued that showing evidence of affairs and sexual addiction tainted the jury’s view of Harris.

The defense team also argued that the court stopped them from questioning the credibility of the police officers who testified during his trial.

No court date has been set for Harris, but Rodriguez said the man holds onto hope that he’ll eventually prove his innocence.

“He still has that optimism, still has his faith, still has his sharpness. Ross is going to be another chapter in that book of wrongly convicted persons who is eventually found innocent.”

https://www.crimeonline.com/2019/06...0yYvWp_c8psJW0L9VuJMYENSPzH1kNIyhUOqdDOYiXk_c

daisy7, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

If Harris is ever found innocent, I'll eat my Sunday hat. The affairs, sex addiction, texting, sexting had everything to do with the murder of that baby! That's what he was doing all morning before & after he got to work - even during his last Chick-fil-a breakfast with his "little buddy" & the reason he needed to be childless like his internet search interests.

Oh man - don't get me started on that useless chunk of protoplasm.

Steve, charlie, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.