1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

COOPER HARRIS: The State of Georgia vs. Ross Harris, Hot Car Dad, for murder of son *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jun 20, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Ladyslug, fran, Ping Pong and 2 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

4. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 3h3 hours ago
    Court in session #JustinRossHarris is present - #HotCarDeath motions hearings. Last scheduled one before trial. Harris not in jail clothes

Christian Boone ‏@ReporterJCB 3h3 hours ago Marietta, GA
    Final round of motions hearings as #Hotcardeath trial now just 7 weeks away

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ago
    #JustinRossHarris - As in past hearings, the judge allows 1 hand to be uncuffed so Harris can take notes.

#JustinRossHarris attorney is arguing motion to delay further evidentiary hearings until after jury selection

#JustinRossHarris - You can read the defense motion currently being discussed here: http://www.courtchatter.com/#!justin-ross-harris-trial-archive/cqbf…

#JustinRossHarris - Kilgore: Every time we've been in court there's been a rule 22. (Rule 22 is camera request)

#JustinRossHarris team says the evidence is inherently prejudicial thus media coverage is unfair prior to jury selection

DA Boring points out that pretrial rulings on evidence are critical to #JustinRossHarris #HotCarDeath - needed for trial preparation

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3h3 hours ag0
    #JustinRossHarris - READ: The evidence the State plans to present that they want the judge to rule on. http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_1f8c3b14c22b46b6a5c54cb17ff3a025.pdf…

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 3h3 hours ago
    Judge Mary Staley rules the motions hearing will go on and doesn't think it will taint potential jurors

Ladyslug and daisy7 like this.
  5. walkie-talkie

#JustinRossHarris moves to exclude evidence of life insurance policy on Cooper Harris-says insurance isn't evidence of motive

#JustinRossHarris - Kilgore currently arguing #6 on the State's filing: http://media.wix.com/ugd/943520_1f8c3b14c22b46b6a5c54cb17ff3a025.pdf…

#JustinRossHarris - Defense argues there is nothing to suggest there was financial difficulties.

#JustinRossHarris brother brings up insurance policy in jail visit for purpose of funeral expenses per defense team

DA says insurance policy does have a "nexus" to Cooper's death and relate to #JustinRossHarris state of mind at time

DA admits insurance isn't the "main" motive in #hotcardeath but that it's a factor

#JustinRossHarris - Judge did not exclude mention of the life insurance policy, saying they will re-visit this at appropriate time.

To be clear-evidence of insurance policy is NOT definitively excluded from use in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath trial - will revisit issue

Ladyslug likes this.
  6. walkie-talkie

#JustinRossHarris team says no evidence Harris harbored ill will toward Cooper-only love & pride per what witnesses told police

Sexting recipient named in #JustinRossHarris #hotcardeath told police he would never harm Cooper per defense team-didn't want to leave wife

Duffie Dixon 11Alive ‏@DuffieDixon 3h3 hours ago
    #RossHarris crying as defense says woman says "he talked about Cooper all the time...he loved his son so much"

On day Cooper died #justinrossharris had sexual communication w/ woman that didn't suggest desire to harm Cooper per defense

#JustinRossHarris team says he never "searched" web about living "child free" - merely clicked 3 links on Reddit that he happened upon

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 2h2 hours ago
    Evidence of infidelity would be relevant if #JustinRossHarris were accused of murder of his wife per defense

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 2h2 hours ago
    There is evidence of #JustinRossHarris sobbing uncontrollably following #HotCarDeath per defense team

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 2h2 hours ago
    #JustinRossHarris - Defense argues Harris' sexual activity and communications didn't involve Cooper, "that's the bottom line".

Ladyslug and Kimster like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS HEARING - PART 1

Ladyslug and daisy7 like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

JUSTIN ROSS HARRIS HEARING - PART 2

Ladyslug, noZme and daisy7 like this.
  9. Kimster

MadgeS, Ladyslug, noZme and 1 other person like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq
    #JustinRossHarris case back in session

Defense in #JustinRossHarris case says sexual communications with other women aren't related to #hotcardeath of Cooper Harris

"We're talking about matters that are sexual .. probative of nothing" - value outweighed by danger of unfair prejudice

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 33m33 minutes ago
    ADA Boring "actions speak a lot louder than words" - that #JustinRossHarris words of affection for Cooper were pickup lines to young girls

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 31m31 minutes ago
    "I love my son and all but we both need escapes-10 minutes before" leaving Cooper in the car

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 30m30 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris sent pictures of his anatomy while supposedly enjoying Braves game with Cooper in #hotcardeath case

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 24m24 minutes ago
    DA says #JustinRossHarris claimed to police he had a good marriage - evidence to the contrary is relevant in #hotcardeath case

11. Kimster

Could his addiction to sexting caused him to be negligent and distracted and he actually forgot about Cooper in the car???

MadgeS, Ladyslug and noZme like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 46m46 minutes ago
    "We all need an escape" was #JustinRossHarris response to someone who lamented burden of parenthood on Whisper App

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 43m43 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris team still wants sexting charges severed from trial in the #hotcardeath case - but court already ruled that won't happen

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 37m37 minutes ago
    ADA Boring "actions speak a lot louder than words" - that #JustinRossHarris words of affection for Cooper were pickup lines to young girls

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 20m20 minutes ago
    DA says it has thousands of messages & texts to prove case against #JustinRossHarris in #hotcardeath case

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 17m17 minutes ago
    DA says #JustinRossHarris involved in acts of prostitution in days prior to #hotcardeath of Cooper Harris

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 8m8 minutes ago
    #JustinRossHarris - DA says Harris went to the Home page of "Child Free" and then clicked on 3 links in there.

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 9m9 minutes ago
    DA: there's an image off melted gummie vitamins on #JustinRossHarris phone #hotcardeath & that he brought guitar inside so it wouldn't warp

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 11m11 minutes ago
    DA: #JustinRossHarris lied to some women saying he was not married

Philip A. Holloway ‏@PhilHollowayEsq 9m9 minutes ago
    DA: #JustinRossHarris did actual web search on what prison is really like

noZme and Kimster like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

IMO, I don't think it was an accident.

14. walkie-talkie

MadgeS, noZme and Kimster like this.
  15. Kimster

I don't either, but I was throwing it out there to see if it sticks. I would think the defense might go in that direction, if they don't get some of this thrown out.

16. walkie-talkie

Ladyslug, noZme and Kimster like this.
  17. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Ladyslug, Kimster and walkie-talkie like this.
  18. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

I would guess any addiction if it gets bad enough would cause neglect.
    But this doesn't seem to be an accident from other factors.

MadgeS, Kimster and walkie-talkie like this.
  19. walkie-talkie

Father accused in hot car death indicted on new child exploitation charges

On Thursday, Harris was indicted on two counts of sexual exploitation of children and six counts of dissemination of harmful material to minors.

The new charges accuse Harris of possession sexually explicit images of three underage women, as well as sending sexually explicit material to them. The images were from January, March and May 2014.

In the original 2014 indictment, Harris was charged with three counts of sending inappropriate texts to underage girls. Prosecutors have said that Harris had sexually explicit conversations with an underage girl on the day that Cooper died.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...is-hot-car-death-child-exploitation/81331664/

MadgeS and Kimster like this.
  20. walkie-talkie

Evidence of Ross Harris' alleged infidelity can be used in trial, judge rules

COBB COUNTY, Ga. —
    A Cobb County judge has ruled that evidence of the marital status and alleged infidelity of a man accused of leaving his son in the back of a hot car to die can be used at trial, Channel 2 Action News has learned.
    -----

At a hearing Monday, a judge said evidence of Harris’ alleged infidelity, research on weather and its effects, the family’s financial status and Harris’ alleged research into law can all be used in the trial against Harris, which is set to begin next month.

Harris’ attorneys have been trying to exclude evidence claiming that Harris’ marriage was rocky and may have been a reason behind his son’s death.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/cob...ty-can-be-used-in-trial-judge-rules/161495060

MadgeS likes this.