1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

UK CORRIE MCKEAGUE: RAF serviceman missing from Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk - 24 Sept 2016 - Age 23

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by Ladyslug, Oct 3, 2016.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

:praying:

Ladyslug likes this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Nicola Urquhart admits missing son Corrie McKeague may ‘never be found’, saying criminal investigation should take place

The 23-year-old went missing ten months ago and Suffolk police have been scouring thousands of tonnes of landfill for any sign of him for more than 20 weeks.

On Thursday his mother Nicola Urquhart admitted her son, who was based at RAF Honington for three years, may never be found.

Police also conceded the landfill search could stop before they find Corrie, even if they are still confident he is in the landfill. So far the search has cost more than £1million.

Mrs Urquhart said “stopping half way through should never be an option”, adding: “The police have been so positive when talking to me and the press that Corrie is in the landfill.

“I have tried to wait quietly, patiently and remain positive that they will either find Corrie or get to the end of the search and find nothing. I was told by police that if Corrie was not found in the landfill this investigation would become a criminal investigation, which I agree with.

“I understand that Corrie may never be found. I am realistic and we will find a way to deal with that scenario but it would have to be knowing that a sound investigation had been carried out and there are no other lines of enquiry that could be followed. We are still a long way off that.”

Corrie, from Fife in Scotland, was last seen at 3.24am on September 24, 2016, on Brentgovel Street, Bury St Edmunds. Since March 6 police have been searching a landfill near Cambridge on the belief he may have been transported there in a bin lorry.

Mrs Urquhart, who has three sons, said: “Mistakes have been made, I try not to live in the past as I can’t change what’s already happened but it is becoming increasingly difficult for me to remain quiet.

“He is no more special than your child, brother or father – everyone deserves to know the police would thoroughly investigate if something happened to them. Stopping half way through should never be an option.”

A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said nothing to suggest criminal activity has been identified during a “comprehensive and thorough” enquiry.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/news/nicola-u...nal-investigation-should-take-place-1-5115614

spike, Kimster, Jay and 1 other person like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Suffolk Police said no human remains have been identified in the hunt for the RAF gunner.

Cops had centred their efforts on a landfill site after fears that Corrie may have fallen asleep in a rubbish bin and been transported away in a bin lorry.

He has been missing since September and a huge search effort to find him has so far provided few clues.

A ten-week search of a Cambridgeshire tip ended last month after officers spent 20 weeks sifting through 6,500 tonnes of waste.

Officers then looked at an incinerator in Great Blakenham, Suffolk, where bone fragments were found, but these were confirmed not to be from a human.

A spokesman for the force said: "Suffolk police have engaged experts to examine incinerated waste gathered from the Great Blakenham energy-from-waste facility and it has been confirmed that this matter does not contain human bone material."

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4225622/corrie-mckeague-bones-waste-incinerator-suffolk-missing/

Paradise, Ladyslug and spike like this.
  4. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-41351129

New CCTV images of four people that may have interacted with RAF airman Corrie Mckeague on the night he went missing have been released.

The 23-year-old was last seen alive on a night out in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, on 24 September.

CCTV showed him entering a bin loading bay known as the Horseshoe. A search of a landfill site in Milton, Cambridgeshire, failed to find him.

Suffolk Police said the people in the images could have new information.

They are not being treated as suspects or key witnesses in the case, the force said.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Paradise, spike and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

I hope they can locate they quickly and get another tip!

Paradise, spike and Ladyslug like this.
  6. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

So do I his poor family just want answers

Paradise, Kimster and spike like this.
  7. Ladyslug

Ladyslug Bronze Member

spike likes this.
  8. Kimster

Suffolk police will reopen the search for Corrie McKeague, the missing RAF serviceman, after deciding that a landfill site that has already been examined for five months remained the most likely location of his body.
    https://firenewsfeed.com/news/549882

His dear family's torture needs to end. If he's in there, I hope they find him quickly.

Ladyslug and spike like this.
  9. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

https://news.sky.com/story/missing-...ice-are-investigating-murder-reports-11176975
    Missing RAF man: Corrie Mckeague's mother says police are investigating murder reports
    Police are said to be looking into calls suggesting Corrie Mckeague could have been left for dead on the night he went missing.

The mystery of vanished RAF gunner Corrie Mckeague has deepened after his mother said police were investigating reports he had been murdered.

But Nicola Urquhart accused detectives of not taking the reports seriously enough.

She told Sky News: "We have had various calls suggesting a crime, but when we passed them on to police they took little action to follow them up.

"I spoke to the senior investigating officer two weeks ago and mentioned one call that we alerted them to, but she said she knew nothing about it."

Ms Urquhart said she was frustrated and angry at the response but had been reassured that police were now doing more to pursue the leads.

She said she and her supporters had received calls outlining several different scenarios in which her son was attacked and either killed or left for dead. She would not go into detail.

Her 23-year-old son disappeared after a boozy night out with friends 15 months ago in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

spike and Ladyslug like this.