1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA COVINA JOHN DOE: WM, 11-18, hit by car on I-10 freeway in Covina, CA - 26 Aug 1986 *Matthew Wolf*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 3, 2017.

1. spike

spike Bronze Member

So why this separate thread?

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

The two threads have been merged.

3. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

That's what I was wondering.

4. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

Matthew was reported, but you have to remember that he was missing from LA, California, perhaps one of the worst places to go missing or end up as a John or Jane Doe. One of his relatives mentioned on WS that he even was on milk cartons:

GarAndMo49 and Mel70 like this.
  5. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Thank You "Coffeenator". Listed "Runaway". And there it is. Same story. L.E. NEVER Investigated. It seems odd that his "Family" would just submit to the idea he didn't want to be found. But I don't know the "Family".

6. The Coffeenator

The Coffeenator Fluent in crapanese

No, not really. This form of acceptance becomes a way of surviving and coping with the fact that there is a possibility that you might never again see someone you love who is missing. A few never stops searching, like Maureen, Judith O'Connell's sister, but over and over we see families (not "families") who honestly believed their loved ones were living their lives somewhere else, like the families of Reet Jurvetson, Tammy Alexander, the man formerly known as Lyle Stevik, Jason Callahan, Marcia King, just to mention a few. In situation like these where you do not have a clear answer and know exactly what has happened, you want to believe and hope for the best.

7. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Yeah. I know all the Scenarios. I just stated I thought it was odd. And that I didn't know the "Family".