1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Crimes Against Police Officers

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by walkie-talkie, Sep 2, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Memphis law enforcement warned after threats against officers

MPD communications received information from an anonymous caller who advised a police officer would be shot today in the area of 201 Poplar.

MPD Spokesperson Alyssa Macon-Moore said, "We don't know at this time if it's a prank or if it's an actual true threat, so our officers have been told about the threats and we're asking them to be vigilant."
    http://www.myfoxmemphis.com/story/2...rcement-officers-alerted-of-potential-threats

2. walkie-talkie

JPSO: Suspect fired shots into occupied officer's vehicle

MARRERO, La. - A suspect fired several shots at an occupied law enforcement vehicle Tuesday night while the undercover unit was on patrol in a high-crime area, according to Sheriff Newell Normand.

The incident occurred around 9:30 p.m. in Marrero near James and Jordan Drives.
    http://www.wwltv.com/story/news/local/jefferson/2015/09/02/officers-fired/71599534/

3. walkie-talkie

4. walkie-talkie

MANHUNT CONTINUES FOLLOWING ASSAULT ON POLICE OFFICER IN WEST PENN TOWNSHIP; RESIDENTS TOLD TO LOCK VEHICLES

A West Penn Township police officer was airlifted after being injured during a traffic stop this evening (Wednesday, September 2, 2015) along West Penn Pike (SR309) on the Blue Mountain. The incident occurred around 5:30 PM near the top of the mountain.
    As of 7:30 PM, the entire Blue Mountain (West Penn Pike) remained closed as dozens of local, county and state police officers search the area for the person or persons who fled after assaulting the officer. A state police helicopter is also being used in the search.

http://tamaquaarea.com/2015/09/02/m...als-telling-local-residents-to-lock-vehicles/

5. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

spike, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  6. walkie-talkie

I am so incredibly saddened by all these attacks against our LEOs.
    These men and women are doing their jobs, to protect and serve.
    This has to stop. :(

spike, noZme, Kimster and 4 others like this.
  7. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is so discouraging.

:(
    fran

spike, Kimster, Cousin Dupree and 4 others like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

Mass. police: Cop fabricated claim that gunman shot at his cruiser

An officer fabricated a claim that a gunman fired at his cruiser before it crashed into a tree and caught on fire, police officials said Thursday.

Millis police Sgt. William Dwyer said the only ballistics evidence recovered at the scene of the crash Wednesday afternoon was from shots fired by the 27-year-old officer into his own cruiser, NECN reported.

After interviewing the officer and examining the evidence, police determined that his story that a man in a pickup truck had fired at his cruiser was untrue, Dwyer said at a news conference.

"The evidence indicates that shots were not fired by a suspect and there is no gunman at large in or around the town," Dwyer said.

http://www.courant.com/breaking-news/ct-police-car-shot-lie-20150903-story.html

truthbtold, GarAndMo49, spike and 3 others like this.
  9. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

These are nothing but hate crimes and need to stop. the black panthers and the blm movement need to shut their pie holes.

10. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

11. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

I respectfully disagree. BLM, in my opinion, cannot be blamed for the attack in Chicago or other attacks. To me it's like trying to blame Hard Metal music for things listeners do. I do not agree with everything BLM is saying, but there is a reason for it. For far too long PD's have been using a different attitude toward black people. This is evident in black parents having to have "the talk" with their sons about dealing with the police, and in the statistics of arrests.

I think 90% of cops are good people and those guys will get a fast lane into heaven. The problem is though that even some good cops participate in the Blue Wall of Silence. Drew Pearson killed his second wife and despite obvious problems with the crime scene nobody would investigate it fully until his third wife went missing. A jury had little trouble in convicting him. Cops will cover for each other on levels that are unacceptable. I don't think Frank Serpico's story is unique or the product of a long ago attitude in PD's. I'd be willing to wager that that stuff is still going on today in PD's across the country.

Letting a cop go on a speeding ticket, or accepting a free lunch is no big deal. However, if a cop is involved in a domestic dispute often they are treated much differently than in other cases. Where is the line that the Blue Wall of Silence needs to stop? Where in the department does retribution for turning in a fellow officer stop? It seems to me a lot of crimes committed by cops would be treated much differently if they involved a family member of another cop on the force. I have a feeling there are many crimes that are glossed over when they involve cops.

There are also a lot of stories where cops and DA's have withheld exculpatory evidence in cases, including DP cases. Sometimes the pressure on a PD to solve a case is more important than getting it right. In the case of Rubin "Hurricane" Carter it seems the PD's jealousies against a successful black man was the motive. The PD even threatened the people investigating the validity of his case.

Being a policeman is a very, very, difficult and dangerous job. I have a lot of respect for the good ones and I understand the difficulty in keeping emotions in check at times. When Bucky Brooks, who had shot cops sitting in their car, was arrested the police were amazingly professional. I would have wanted to choke the crap out of him. When he was arrested he was treated gently and taken away. Like it or not cops need to treat criminals with respect because they haven't been convicted of anything to do with the current situation yet. Many times people arrested are innocent. There is no excuse for treating a suspect so poorly that his neck is broken, or he is suffocated to death.

In Rochester a woman was recording a police arrest from her own property and was arrested, illegally, for doing so: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ed-videotaping-police-rochester_n_882122.html

And then the PD retaliated against the people who testified on her behalf:

http://disinfo.com/2011/06/rocheste...o-taped-police-from-her-own-front-yard-video/

The video below is from a Rochester, New York, neighborhood meeting in support of Emily Good, the woman arrested for videotaping a traffic stop from her front yard. So Rochester police sent four squad cars to ticket the cars of meeting attendees who parked more than 12 inches from the curb. Yes, they even brought a ruler....

The tickets were later dismissed by the department, but the message is clear. Exercise your rights against the force and the police will come after you. It's a police state mentality.

Until the good cops are willing to come forward about corruption or crimes committed by other cops without fear of being targeted or ostracized by other cops for doing so, it seems these problems will continue to exist. JMO

Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
    truthbtold, spike, daisy7 and 2 others like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I appreciate your reply and respect your thoughts and opinions.
    I'm old as dirt. I've experienced the racial riots and sit ins of the 60s and 70s. Today I see many of the OLD worries and concerns revisited and re felt. I get it to a certain point . But let's remember back when Mike B was shot and killed a 99% black crowd destroyed part of a city...their city. They ignored the fact that MB was a bully who had just stolen and attacked a cop. That incident started black lives matter. You can google BLM today and hundreds of articles and tweets appear sighting BLM request for killing white people and all cops. All people black and white need to listen to cops...they need to keep their mouth shut when cops approach them. Do you think thugs standing in front of cops yelling fk the police, kill white people and I will rape your daughter endears blacks to cops?
    If you like I will post links about people who have attacked cops for no apparent reason or those who ran from cops, etc.
    I'm not even posting about the panthers after what I've read today.

13. Cousin Dupree

To be clear, I'm not defending that behavior. I'm also not limiting it to blacks. Drew Peterson and what happened in Rochester are examples. PD's have to start policing themselves a lot better in order to get the public's trust.

Good cops are priceless, bad ones are just creating a major problem for society and for good cops.

14. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

Indeed.

I hope my rambling post made some type of sense.

15. Cousin Dupree

I get it, and agree with some of it.

16. walkie-talkie

truthbtold, spike, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  17. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

18. Cousin Dupree

http://us.cnn.com/2015/09/06/us/las-vegas-police-shooting/index.html

Las Vegas shooting: Officers ambushed at traffic light, police say
    By Tony Marco and Catherine E. Shoichet, CNN

(CNN) A man with a semiautomatic handgun ambushed two officers who'd stopped their patrol car at a traffic light in Las Vegas on Sunday, police said.

An officer who was shot in the hand was being treated at a hospital, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Sgt. John Sheahan said. He was in good condition.

Police haven't released the identity of the suspect, who was later arrested by the officers.

The officers were in a marked patrol car, police said, responding to a disturbance call at a local business.

"They were ambushed on the way to that call," Sheahan said.

Undersheriff Kevin McMahill praised the officers, saying they showed "remarkable restraint" when they took the suspect into custody....

19. spike

spike Bronze Member

AB-SA-FREEEK-IN-LOOOTLY MADGES.
    As a former border-line anarchistic card carrying progressive chip on my shoulder liberal, thinking all of my college professors were gods and that I needed to pay for deeds done 250 years ago....I have seen the truth.
    I have marched in rebelliouness, been tear gassed, shouted the rhetoric of lies....carry the scars from those lies.
    So...when and if any of you go to vote next year and are blocked from doing so by a group of vehemently angry, self-titled
    groups....think about and read about who and what is behind their motives.
    Other than that, have a nice day y'all.

20. spike

spike Bronze Member

Sorry for the rant. Just angry that these groups antagonize and contribute to this horror and I am concerned for LEOs.
    Now here it is getting worse by the minute.