1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

KY CRYSTAL ROGERS: Missing from Bardstown, KY - 3 July 2015 - Age 35

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by fran, Jul 6, 2015.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Maupin pleads guilty to stealing signs about missing Bardstown woman

The woman accused of stealing signs seeking information about a missing Bardstown woman pleaded guilty in court Tuesday morning.

Crystal Maupin did not did show up to face the judge, but her attorney entered the guilty plea on her behalf to a charge of theft by unlawful taking.

Maupin admitted to stealing signs about the search for Crystal Rogers, who has been missing more than two years. The signs were stolen in July. Maupin is currently dating Brooks Houck, who is Rogers' former boyfriend and the only named suspect in her disappearance.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36289568/...-stealing-signs-about-missing-bardstown-woman

2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Crystal Rogers, a mother of five, was last seen on July 3, 2015, at the home the 35-year-old shared with her boyfriend Brooks Houck and the couple's young son. Two days later, her unlocked Chevy Impala was found along Kentucky's Bluegrass Parkway with a flat tire, her belongings still inside. The Nelson County Sheriff officially named Crystal’s boyfriend Houck a suspect in her disappearance in October of 2015. Houck's brother, who worked as a Bardstown police officer, was terminated from the department after officials say he interfered with the investigation into Crystal's disappearance. No charges have been filed in connection with the disappearance, but officials have said they believe Crystal is dead. The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information regarding Crystal’s case, please contact the Nelson County Sheriff's Office at (502) 348-3211.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ne-s-missing-america-90-still-missing-n826516

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

3 years after Crystal Rogers went missing, Brooks Houck speaks to WDRB

Thousands of cars pass by the billboard on Springfield Road in Bardstown that says, “MISSING CRYSTAL ROGERS.”

“I have lost a huge, huge part of me that I will never get back,” said Sherry Ballard, Rogers’ mother.

Three years later the color is less vibrant on the sign, but the fight to find answers has not faded.

“You don't typically see people just disappear,” said Det. Jon Snow, with the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office.

Ballard says her daughter's disappearance is something she will never let go away.

There has been no trace of Rogers in the years since, but the lead investigator, Det. Snow, says the case is far from being cold and believes her body will be found.

“I think eventually she will be found yes,” Snow said.

While Rogers' disappearance is classified as a missing persons case, detectives have been treating it like a homicide investigation.

“It became pretty evident early on that it was not going to be a standard missing persons case,” Snow said.

The father of Rogers' child and boyfriend at the time, Brooks Houck, was named the main suspect in the case three months after she was last seen. We have never heard from him, until now, when we tried getting his side of the story.

“I have been advised you know to ride the wave and keep on keeping on. And that's what I've done and it's worked out great this far,” Brooks Houck told WDRB.

“Why would he ride the wave? Why wouldn't he want to know where my daughter is at? It's like he's not interested in finding my daughter. If somebody accuses me of something, I'm going to fight back and I'm going to prove my innocence,” Ballard said. “I think Brooks Houck killed my daughter.”

Houck has never been charged in this case.

“I don't have anything to say. I really don't have anything to say. I really don't have anything to say because I don't know anything so I really don't have anything to say,” Brooks Houck said.

“He may walk around Bardstown like he just owns Bardstown, but I know deep down in him somewhere he has to be thinking, ‘any day they could get that evidence and I’m going to prison for this for the rest of my life,’” Ballard said.

His brother Nick Houck, who Snow says is also suspect, was fired from the Bardstown Police Department for interfering with the investigation.

The Houck family farm has been searched numerous times and law enforcement has executed nearly 70 search warrants in this case.

“We feel like we found some of what we were looking for based on the information that we were given,” Snow said.

What that evidence includes has yet to be released, and Snow says that likely will not happen until the case is taken to trial.

“If I'm going to keep an edge when it comes to the investigation, there has to be things about the case that have to be only known by the case officer and a select few other people,” Snow said.

Snow added that some evidence is still at the KSP lab or federal labs, and it can take 12 to 18 months to get the results. While many have wondered why there is no real movement in the case, he hopes patience will pay off.

“There's no closure to it until I can prosecute somebody for what happened to Crystal. Until I can find out exactly what happened to her and get somebody prosecuted for it,” Snow said.

“I just think one day that's going to happen. God's going to give me that. One day. Maybe not as soon as I want, but one day,” Ballard said.

The reward for information in this case is up to $75,000.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38524321/...gers-went-missing-brooks-houck-speaks-to-wdrb

Whatsnext, spike, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Brooks Houck, suspect in disappearance of Crystal Rogers, indicted on unrelated theft charges

Brooks Houck, who police named as a suspect in the disappearance of his former girlfriend Crystal Rogers, was indicted on unrelated theft charges on Wednesday.

According to court documents, Houck faces four theft by unlawful taking charges of items worth $500 or more, but less then $10,000 and four theft charges for items less than $500.

The prosecutor said those charges stem from Houck stealing roof shingles from the Lowe's in Bardstown back in April of 2018.

A grand jury indicted him Wednesday and a warrant was issued for his arrest. He was taken into custody just before 5 p.m. Wednesday.

His bond will be set at $25,000 cash. Houck is set to be arraigned Aug. 2.

Houck was also placed on a dusk until dawn curfew, except for employment needs and medical and family emergencies. He must also remain drug and alcohol free and avoid contact with Lowe's.

http://www.wave3.com/story/38677721...al-rogers-indicted-on-unrelated-theft-charges

[​IMG]

Whatsnext, GarAndMo49, spike and 2 others like this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Wow. 8 separate theft charges. Such a fine guy they have there.

Whatsnext, GarAndMo49, spike and 3 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Investigation Discovery to feature Crystal Rogers case Sunday

Missing Bardstown mother Crystal Rogers' case is in the national TV spotlight this month.

Two separate shows are airing episodes about her disappearance.

On Sunday, Investigation Discovery is airing an hour-long special at 10 p.m. called "The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers."

The show with Paul Zahn will piece together the evidence, along with interviews with Rogers' family and Bardstown police.

Oxygen is also launching a six-part series about the unsolved case starting next Saturday at 7 p.m.

https://www.wlky.com/article/investigation-discovery-to-feature-crystal-rogers-case-sunday/22646274

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Crystal Rogers' mom hopes documentary will help solve disappearance

Sherry Ballard is hoping a new documentary series will help her finally find out what happened to her daughter.

Oxygen Media recently launched a docu-series titled “The Disappearance of Crystal Rogers,” which explores the mysterious circumstances surrounding Rogers' disappearance in the small town of Bardstown, Ky.

The show is hosted by Emmy-nominated reporter Stephanie Bauer and veteran homicide detective Dwayne Stanton, who has worked on celebrity cases and more than 750 homicide investigations.

“I’ve been doing everything I could to find my daughter,” said Ballard. “And I just felt like I needed the extra help. I wanted it out there that Crystal is still missing. And I figure the more people I reach, the better it would be for everybody to be more aware that Crystal is still not here.”

http://www.wdrb.com/story/38960182/...pes-documentary-will-help-solve-disappearance

GarAndMo49, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Judge rules Crystal Rogers' son can no longer see his grandmother, Sherry Ballard

A three-judge panel of the Kentucky Court of Appeals ruled Friday that the 6-year-old son of Crystal Rogers, the Bardstown woman who disappeared in July 2015 and is assumed dead, is no longer allowed to visit his grandmother, Sherry Ballard.

The boy, who was 2 years old when Rogers disappeared, has been spending alternating weekends with Ballard since she and her late husband filed a petition for grandparent visitation just weeks after Rogers went missing. Ballard’s husband Tommy was shot and killed in November 2016. No arrests have been made in either case.

The boy's father, Brooks Houck, is the only suspect ever named in Rogers' disappearance and is also the boy’s primary guardian.

After several trial court custody hearings, a judge initially granted Ballard visitation times with her grandson from 10 a.m. Saturday to 6 p.m. Sunday, every other weekend. During those hearings, the trial court "acknowledged animosity between the parties but observed that '[t]he potential benefit to (the boy) in having contact with a loving grandmother who has been such a significant part of his life and contact with his other siblings, outweighs the potential for detriments of visitation.'"

But a three-judge panel overruled that Friday, agreeing that contention between Houck and Ballard has boiled over to a point that it not in the boy’s best interest to spend time with his grandmother.

Houck testified that "after returning from visits with the Ballards, (the boy) is sullen and uncooperative. Houck further stated that (the boy) is extremely accusatory, asking him 'what did you do to my mommy,' and that 'everyone wants to know.'"

http://www.wdrb.com/story/39409210/...-no-longer-see-his-grandmother-sherry-ballard

GarAndMo49 and Whatsnext like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I'm very sorry that the judge ruled this way. And I absolutely believe that Houck is guilty.
    That being said, grandma should NOT be speaking about "daddy doing something to mommy" in front of the child...

10. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New Nelson County Sheriff commits to finding answers in Crystal Rogers case

New year, new leadership and in one small town, new hope. Nelson County is home to four of the area's most high profile, unsolved cases. Now a new sheriff said he will find answers for these families.

Walking through the woods this weekend, Crystal Rogers' family continues to search. The group called Team Crystal is hoping to find any sign of the missing mother of five.

"I have confidence every year that this will be the year. I know it’s going to be four years but I don't ever give up that confidence. And with everything falling into place and happening, I'm going to get those answers one day," Rogers’ mother Sherry Ballard said.

Now she thinks that day that could be closer than ever before.

"It’s very important, one of the tops things of our agency matter of fact," Ramon Pineiroa, Nelson County Sheriff, said.

Pineroa isn't new to the agency but he said he will bring new life to this case.

"Throughout my campaign, I said we would be looking for somebody else to help us and maybe get a second set of eyes on it. I've communicated with two homicide detectives and we'll be looking to see where that leads us," Pineiroa said.

The new leader's mission is to find the facts that will lead to an arrest.

As for what happened to Crystal, he said they already know.

"I believe that we have a pretty good idea, just couple missing items and facts but overall, we've got a pretty good idea," Pineiroa said.

So what does that mean for Crystal Rogers' family? For now... more waiting.

But this is one wait they're willing to accept.

"I would just beg them to please help us bring her home. Help us to give closure that our family needs," Ballard said.

The sheriff said he will meet with Ballard in the coming weeks to discuss the investigation plan in further detail.

https://www.whas11.com/article/news...case/417-46ad3fc2-cd66-4859-b0d9-f03daa16b727

Whatsnext, Tammy and Kimster like this.
  12. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

Former FBI Profiler Gives Insight On Case Of Missing Kentucky Mom

fter Crystal Rogers disappeared from Bardstown, Kentucky in July 2015, her parents, Sherry and Tommy Ballard, relentlessly searched for her. The mom of five’s car was found abandoned on a parkway with a flat tire and her keys, purse and phone inside.

While the search was ongoing, tragedy struck again and Tommy was shot and killed while hunting on family property.

On Wednesday’s episode of Dr. Phil, former FBI profiler Candice DeLong shares her insight into these two unsolved cases. Does she think they’re related? Hear her thoughts in the video above.

https://www.drphil.com/videos/former-fbi-profiler-gives-insight-on-case-of-missing-kentucky-mom/

[​IMG]

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Dr. Phil Show triggered new tips in missing Crystal Rogers case

The Nelson County sheriff said detectives are investigating several new tips that were called in after The Dr. Phil Show aired a special segment Wednesday on the disappearance of Crystal Rogers and death of Tommy Ballard.

Sheriff Ramon Pineiroa said people called in tips on Rogers' case during and after The Dr. Phil Show segment. He could not say an exact number but said the lead detective is now investigating several new tips.

“We’ve gotten tips from Texas all the way to California, from the east coast to the west coast," Pineiroa said.

He said the lead detective has been working nonstop on the case, and it takes a lot of time and effort to investigate every lead. But he added the department is making progress.

“We know we’re on the right track,” Pineiroa said. “We’ve been on the right path. It’s just a matter of time and evidence — that one piece that we need to point the finger and say, 'you’re under arrest.'”

Pineiroa specified they’re searching for physical evidence. In order to not jeopardize the active investigation, he could not provide any more detail.

“I think we’re very close,” he said. “I can’t say a timeline, but we’re getting there.”

https://www.wdrb.com/news/dr-phil-s...cle_1b7dc582-2be5-11e9-96dc-336ae4983140.html

14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Judge upholds court ruling denying Sherry Ballard the right to see her grandson until custody case resolved

A Nelson County Circuit judge has upheld a previous ruling that the 6-year-old son of Crystal Rogers can't visit his grandmother, Sherry Ballard, until his custody case is resolved.

On Monday, Nelson Circuit Court Judge David Seay issued the order upholding the Kentucky Court of Appeals decision made in November, arguing that Ballard "has not provided any additional authority" that would make it possible for the judge to reverse it.

https://www.wdrb.com/news/judge-uph...cle_40e6d540-2ee5-11e9-b5a8-bb928f9a392d.html

GarAndMo49, Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Four years after disappearance, vigil to be held for Crystal Rogers

The family of Crystal Rogers, the Nelson County mother who went missing over the 4th of July weekend in 2015, will be holding a prayer vigil on Monday.

According to sister station WAVE, the service will be held at 7:30 p.m. at St. Thomas Church in Bardstown.

The vigil is a yearly observance for Rogers’ family.

Crystal is presumed dead but her family is still searching for answers.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Crystal Rogers is asked to call the Nelson County Sheriff’s Office at (502) 348-3211.

https://www.wkyt.com/content/news/F...-to-be-held-for-Crystal-Rogers-512022072.html

GarAndMo49, kdg411 and noZme like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New lead detective takes over investigation into Crystal Rogers' disappearance

The lead investigator on the case of a mother who went missing in 2015 has retired, and now, a new detective will take over.

Crystal Rogers disappeared from Bardstown in July 2015. Detective Jon Snow has been the lead since the beginning.

Now that he's left the Nelson County Sheriff's Department, former detective Chief Deputy Joedy Gilliland will take on the case.

We're told Gilliland has been with the department for 14 years.

Sheriff Ramon Pineroa said Rogers' case continues to be a priority.

https://www.wlky.com/article/crystal-rogers-investigation-gets-new-lead-detective/28835555#

kdg411, noZme and GarAndMo49 like this.
  17. GarAndMo49

GarAndMo49 Not A Sheeple

I certainly hope so!

Kimster, kdg411 and noZme like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Crystal Rogers' family says signs are being removed ahead of Kentucky Bourbon Festival

Dozens of signs asking for prayers for Crystal Rogers are now missing, and her family said it was no accident.

Sherry Ballard, Rogers' mother, is frustrated with a pattern she said has been continuing over the last few years: signs being removed from roadways. Ballard said she was promised by the city the signs would stay up for as long as a search for Rogers continued.

“Do I take that as a lack of respect? Of course I do. These signs mean a lot to me,” Ballard said Tuesday. “I have noticed the same time of year every year, whenever the bourbon festival starts getting closer to Bardstown, then they don’t want the signs there."

The Kentucky Bourbon Festival takes place every September in Bardstown, and Ballard said it is not a surprised the signs are gone again.

She thinks that’s because of the tens of thousands of people who attend the festival every September. She believes the city is trying to hide the case from visitors.

Bardstown’s mayor disagrees.

“(We’re) not targeting any signs of anybody whatsoever, just cleaning up stuff that hasn’t had our attention for the last several months,” Mayor Dick Heaton said. “We’ve never picked them up and thrown (the signs) away.”

Ballard isn’t buying it.

“My father-in-law went up to the city of Bardstown, and he took the signs out of their dumpster,” Ballard said.

On Tuesday afternoon, there were no signs in the dumpster, but several yard signs were locked in a fenced-in area near it, including those for Rogers.

MORE: https://www.wdrb.com/news/crystal-r...cle_db390bb8-d43a-11e9-9304-1b959c688360.html

kdg411 likes this.