1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CANADA CYNTHIA "CINDY LOU" McLANE: Missing from Willow River, BC - 9 September 1958- Age 2

Discussion in 'Missing 1900 to 1979' started by KareBear, Aug 7, 2019.

1. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

Age 2
    “Cindy Lou’s family wasn’t able to watch their little girl grow up and they’ve spent far too many decades missing her. No family should experience that kind of pain.”
    — MissingKids.ca caseworker

260.jpeg

Date of birth:
    July 5, 1956
    Missing since:
    Sept. 9, 1958
    Missing from:
    Willow River, British Columbia, Canada
    Eyes:
    Brown
    Hair:
    Brown
    Weight:
    13 kg
    Additional information:
    Cynthia Louise (Cindy Lou) McLane was last seen by her mother on the morning of Tuesday September 9, 1958 playing outside their home. There was a sighting of Cindy Lou on Main St. later that morning. A large scale search was conducted over several days, however Cindy Lou could not be located.

261.jpeg
    Artist rendered age progression from age 2 to age 59.

https://missingkids.ca/en/missing-children-database/179

MEDIA - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...-willow-river-bc-since-september-9-1958.4667/

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2019
    Sundance, Kimster and Paradise like this.
  2. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

I highly believe that the most common outcome of very young children being abducted is to be raised by a different family, not to abuse or kill them, in most cases that I've seen. I don't have many doubts that Cindy Lou is alive and under a different identity. Although, it would be odd if she didn't find out or suspect anything, since things like social security cards, IDs, birth certificates, etc. can be difficult to produce when a child is not legally yours.

Mel70, Kimster and KareBear like this.
  3. KareBear

KareBear Well-Known Member

I agree! I believe she is alive as well and unaware that she was abducted! I have heard cases of identity theft where people have used children's SS# who have passed away at an early age. A prime example is that of Lori Ruff, a.k.a. Becky Turner, a.k.a. Kimberly McLean (which was discovered to be her real name).
    Link to her case for reference: https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...oe-found-in-longview-tx-kimberly-mclean.1844/

Kimster and Sundance like this.
  4. Sundance

Sundance Active Member

Oh wow, that could be it too. Let's hope one day that she finds out the truth. It would be good if her case was more publicized, because even if she had passed away, maybe she has children or relatives that could identify her.

Mel70 and KareBear like this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

This is also Canada. What safeguards against identity theft did they have, especially about the time she would have started school?

KareBear likes this.
  6. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It was a more innocent time. And "Canada" also has and had far less crime. I have no doubt she was abducted. But I agree for far less sinister reasons.

KareBear likes this.