1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MO DARNELL GRAY: Missing from Jefferson City, MO - 25 October 2018 - Age 4 *Found Deceased**ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Paradise, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

2. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Please note : Darnell is being reported to be Age 3 & 4

spike, Cousin Dupree and Whatsnext like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

So somebody snuck in, grabbed him and also gathered all of his outdoor gear unnoticed?

5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Ok, just turned on the news and it seems like they are treating it like he might have wandered off himself...or worse. They are saying they are not looking at it as an abduction. Looking for searcher volunteers.

6. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I’ve been following the coverage since Thursday and this has been one of those cases where the facts seem to change rapidly. There was even an instance where two women were led from the home in handcuffs, and a large appliance was carted out by the police (which never looks good in a missing child case), but then LE stated that it was unrelated. Haven’t heard anything about that matter since.

Then there was confusion yesterday when the family said Darnell was found, but police confirmed that he wasn’t.

As it stands now, this little guy apparently vanished from his home along with two juice boxes and some cookies. I guess it’s plausible a 3 year old could wander out in the middle of the night, if this is an area where they keep the doors unlocked. :vigil:

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The conflicting reports are huge concern. I hope they find him quickly!

8. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I am in Missouri and this was the first time I had even heard about him! I rarely watch tv, but the news has been on in the mornings and evenings and get notifications on my phone, so you would think I would have seen something before late this morning.

spike, Kimster, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  9. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

The juice boxes and cookies are what gets me. How is this "caregiver" so observant that it notices these minute things gone and not know anything about how he went missing? Hmmmmm :thinking:

10. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Reward offered as search for missing child continues

[​IMG]

"The caller reporting Darnell missing was the caregiver, not family," Williams said. "Family and friends have been working with us ever since."

Williams said more than 35 officers from various law enforcement agencies have been involved in searching an area including the entire Jefferson City Housing Authority complex on Buena Vista, Elizabeth Street, Woodclift Drive, Myrtle Avenue, through Washington Park and into Helias Catholic High School's Crusader Athletic Complex.

Members of the Missouri Highway Patrol's Water Division on Friday searched a retention pond on Linden Drive, which is in walking distance from where Darnell was last staying, but found nothing authorities felt could help with the search.

11. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

And what part of a 3 year old is quiet if going about getting juice boxes, cookies, their coat, shoes, etc and nobody noticed? We are talking most likely a 3 year old traveling through at least 3 rooms of the house - bedroom, kitchen, living room or closet or wherever the shoes and coat were stored. Methinks this "caregiver" knows much more than is being let on about, otherwise this isn't making a lot of sense that they state not looking at it as an abduction.

Kimster, Cousin Dupree and Whatsnext like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

They're making this sound like a tiny little boy packed himself some cookies and juice and "ran away" in the middle of the night. :waiting:

I'm not sure what to make of this statement. He has a caregiver. Ok. So like a babysitter? Or nanny? Or someone else (family friend?) who watches him when his family is working?
    Was his family aware of Darnell being missing prior to the caregiver making the call? SHOULD they have been aware of Darnell missing prior to that point?

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police expand search area for missing Jefferson City boy

In hopes of finding a missing four-year-old Jefferson City boy, the Jefferson City Police Department plans to expand its search area.

Due to "inconsistent statements made by some close to the investigation," the police department decided to expand the search area, according to a press release Saturday afternoon. Jefferson City Police Lt. Dave Williams said he could not disclose how wide they were expanding the search area.

Williams previously said more than 35 officers from various law enforcement agencies have been involved in searching an area including the entire Jefferson City Housing Authority complex on Buena Vista Street, Elizabeth Street, Woodclift Drive, Myrtle Avenue, through Washington Park and into Helias Catholic High School's Crusader Athletic Complex. Members of the Missouri Highway Patrol's Water Division also searched a retention pond on Linden Drive on Friday.

Missouri Missing and various volunteers are also helping in the search.

He was last seen between 11 p.m. Wednesday and midnight, when he went to sleep, according to the the Missouri Highway Patrol, which assisted in the search.

The Jefferson City Area CrimeStoppers is offering a $500 reward for information regarding Gray's location.

http://www.newstribune.com/news/loc...earch-area-missing-jefferson-city-boy/749738/

Cousin Dupree, Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  14. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Due to "inconsistent statements made by some close to the investigation,"

Yeah, I think some of us saw this was going to be said by LE eventually.

15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Police, volunteers expand search area for missing Jefferson City boy

Search efforts to find Darnell Gray finished their third full day of expedition Saturday, after the 4-year-old was reported missing Thursday morning.

Jefferson City Police announced Saturday afternoon their search area is expanding due to "inconsistent statements made by some close to the investigation." Upon request, police did not expand on the inconsistencies or the location of the search area.

To watch the full press conference on the search and more information, click here.

A volunteer effort has been ongoing since the Thursday, primarily organized by non-profits Missouri Missing and the Missouri Search and Rescue Ground Team.

Organizers of the search effort say they intend on picking back up Sunday morning, and intend on expanding their search a one-mile radius centered at Washington Park.

https://www.abc17news.com/news/poli...area-for-missing-jefferson-city-boy/829538962

kdg411 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

After reading the posts after these two I agree that something obviously hinky is going on. However, I did want to make a point about your two posts.

Speaking for myself I can understand that. If I have four six packs of soda in my fridge then I know I have 24 sodas. If I lived with a family I wouldn't really count how many are gone until I see there are three or four sodas left. So if they had a few juice boxes left and a few packages of cookies, I don't find it hard to believe they would know.

I don't personally find it hard to believe. There have been three earthquakes in my area over the years. I didn't know about two of them because I'm a sound sleeper. I didn't know about either til I got to work and people were talking about them. The third occurred while I was awake, but I was driving and didn't notice it.

That said I worked with a guy who had three children and said that he and his wife slept with the door closed. I asked if he could hear his kids. He said that if his son coughs lightly he'll bolt upright. So I see it both ways.

17. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I get it, but find it odd for somebody that keeps track of the food inventory automatically assumes the child took them, and what all clothing is gone, yet can't fully explain when the child actually went missing is all. How can a toddler get the juice boxes, cookies, coat, shoes and what ever else, moving through many areas of the house and this caretaker not notice? Since they are saying not an abduction and this so called caretaker didn't do it, that leaves the toddler to take care of all of that himself. A toddler! Seems to be failing in the adulting job they had as caretaker.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  18. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Well, he's only a few days from being 4, so that one I'll give a pass on that one. He's still a toddler though.

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

POLICE: Search for missing Jefferson City boy is "beyond critical"

The Jefferson City Police Department is making a plea on behalf of missing 4-year-old Darnell Gray.

"The amount of time that Darnell has been missing is beyond critical," Lt. David Williams. "It is imperative that we find Darnell and return him to his family."

He said anyone who knows Darnell's location can contact the department and remain anonymous.

"It is imperative that we find Darnell and return him to his family," Williams said.

A $500 reward was being offered for information on Darnell's whereabouts.

https://www.komu.com/news/police-search-for-missing-jefferson-city-boy-is-beyond-critical-

Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Cousin Dupree, kdg411 and Paradise like this.