1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

OR DENNIS DAY: Missing from Phoenix, OR - 15 July 2018 - Age 76 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Kimster, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

1551203461_860_Original-Mouseketeer-Dennis-Day-missing-from-Oregon-·-Missing-Persons-of-America.jpg

Dennis Day, one of the original Disney Mouseketeers from the 1950s, has been missing for over six months.

Lt. Jeff Price from the Phoenix, Oregon police department confirmed to PEOPLE that Day is currently a missing person. “I initiated the case on July 27 of 2018,” Price said. “As of today, with the help of the Oregon State Police, Jackson County Sheriff’s Office, National Missing and Unidentified Person System, and numerous friends and family, the case remains open with no leads as to Dennis’s whereabouts.”

Though Day, 76, has been missing from Phoenix since July 15, according to the Mail Tribunethis link opens in a new tab, his family didn’t find out about until they saw a missing persons report on TV in January, NBC Newsthis link opens in a new tab reports.

The July missing persons report was reportedly filed by Day’s husband, Ernie Caswell, who suffers from “age-related memory loss.”

“Ernie was in the hospital at that time, and he realized Dennis hadn’t come to visit him in a few weeks,” Day’s sister, Nelda Adkins, told NBC. “So he had someone from the hospital call the police and report Dennis as missing.”

In January, one of Day’s family members turned on the television to see a missing persons report for him.

“He saw it on the news broadcast and called us immediately,” Adkins said. “I called Phoenix Police Department the very next day, and we’ve been working on it ever since. The whole family got in on it.”

[​IMG]
    this link opens in a new tab

Dennis Day and his husband, Ernie Caswell
    Help Us Find Dennis Day/Facebook
    According to NBC, Day’s case is being handled by the Phoenix Police Department and the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office. The Jackson County Sheriff’s Office did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

RELATED: Hunting for the Truth About Her Missing Daughter, Mom Finds 2 More Women Who Mysteriously Vanished

Police reportedly told Adkins that a roommate who was living in Day and Caswell’s home said that Day had left on foot the last time he was seen, saying he was going to visit friends.

“Ernie, at the time, was in the hospital, so he wasn’t even at the house,” Adkins added. “Dennis had a car, but the car was left behind. He left his dog and his cat behind, too — he loved them dearly, just like children.”

[​IMG]
    this link opens in a new tab

Dennis Day and his sister, Nelda Adkins
    Help Us Find Dennis Day/Facebook
    Adkins claimed that when she spoke to police, they said that they had already searched Day’s home and a nearby graveyard and creek.

According to local station KOBI-TVthis link opens in a new tab, police also found Day’s car along the Oregon coast with two people inside. The station reported that the people inside were not known by Day or Caswell and the finding of the car didn’t lead anywhere.

“They said they brought in cadaver dogs, too,” Adkins added. “But they never found anything that would imply a crime had happened.”

RELATED: Missing Colo. Mom’s Fiancé Asked Nurse to Steal Drugs and Poison Coffee: ‘Get Rid of Kelsey’

Disney’s The Mickey Mouse Club first aired from 1955-1959. The children’s variety show was rebooted in 1977 and then again, most famously, from 1989-1994, when future A-list entertainers Britney Spears, Ryan Gosling, Justin Timberlake and Christina Aguilera starred as singing and dancing Mouseketeers.

According to the Mail Tribune, Day was a Mouseketeer from 1956-57 and a “long-time entertainer and director for the California Renaissance Pleasure Faires & Dickens Fair.”

“He’s not the type of person who would just disappear. Especially with his significant other being in the hospital — he was very dedicated to him, ” Day’s niece Denise told NBC. “We are worried. [We] just need answers. We love him. We’re just kind of lost with what to do, or how to find him.”

“I miss our conversations, I miss swapping vegetables with him over the fence,” Allie Jensen, Dennis Day’s neighbor told KOBI-TV.

According to a Facebook pagethis link opens in a new tab set up to help find him, Day is described as 5’7″ with gray and brown hair, weighing approximately 150 lbs.

Anyone with information about Day’s disappearance is encouraged to call Lt. Jeff Price of the Phoenix Police Department at 541-535-1113, ext. 309, or the anonymous tip line at 1-888-960-6450.

https://people.com/tv/original-mouseketeer-dennis-day-missing/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...-from-phoenix-oregon-since-july-of-2018.4490/

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  2. Kimster

Finding his car with other people in it? Not sounding good whatsoever.

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

This one makes me sad. There are a lot of possibilities. None of them are good.

[​IMG]

KareBear, Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

And what an adorable little Mouseketeer he was too!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Mel70 and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

The reason I wanted to start a thread on him was he just seemed like a happy guy, for some reason! Just living his life kicking around in Oregon. I sure wish we knew what happened to him.

Skitt, Mel70, spike and 3 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Body found in missing former Mouseketeer’s home

A body has been found inside missing former Mouseketeer Dennis Day’s Phoenix, Oregon home, according to police.

The family said they were informed by Oregon State Police that a body was discovered inside his Phoenix home early Friday evening during a search conducted Thursday.

Friday night, the family says they’re just trying to digest what’s happening and are anxiously awaiting more information from police. The family says police have not told them the identity of the body. And in a release police say it has not been id’d.

https://fox26medford.com/body-found-in-missing-former-mouseketeers-home/

KareBear, spike, noZme and 3 others like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

IN. HIS. HOME.

Skitt, KareBear, spike and 4 others like this.
  8. Kimster

I can't believe what I'm reading! :thud:

KareBear, Mel70, spike and 4 others like this.
  9. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Now somebody please explain how this could have happened...o_Oo_O!?!

KareBear, Mel70, noZme and 3 others like this.
  10. Whatsnext

Have tried to find Info about where exactly the remains were located in the house, but couldn't find anything so far. I guess they are quite embarassed about this. Hopefully.

11. Kimster

I did the same thing this morning! I couldn't find anything either.

12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I've heard that they were hoarders. BUT I would still like to know if his body appeared to be intentionally concealed in the house, or if they just did a horrid job of searching the house.

KareBear, Mel70, noZme and 3 others like this.
  13. Whatsnext

14. Kimster

From your link:

A search was made of his home, property and nearby woods and waterways, it was reported. But, his car was found hundreds of miles away being used by two people who said they’d borrowed it. Friends of Day’s said they did not know the people who had Day’s car. Police searched it and said there was no sign of foul play. That was nearly nine months ago.

I don't think this looks good at all. While I'm surprised they didn't find him when they searched the house the first time because of the odor, it appears someone may have been hiding his remains. I'm just speculating based on the news article.

Skitt, KareBear, Mel70 and 4 others like this.
  15. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Friends say Caswell’s hospitalization seemed to trigger a crisis, leading to Day’s departure. More than a week later, his car was discovered on the Oregon coast, being driven by persons unknown to Day’s friends. The driver told police that Day had given them permission to use it. No forensic evidence was found in the vehicle to suggest any struggle or foul play had occurred.

Link

16. Kimster

So, maybe Dennis did give his car away? So many questions, but I think they will be answered after the autopsy.

Whatsnext and kdg411 like this.
  17. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Lt. Price said the 76-year-old lived with his partner of over forty years along with a third roommate. He said Day’s roommate had been using his car and credit card but had permission to do both.

A letter supposedly written by Day was found at a neighbor’s home after he disappeared, but Lt. Price said there was no evidence to support what it said.

“…that basically said that the roommate had assaulted him on an occasion,” said Lt. Price.

Day’s car also went missing and was later found by police along the coast with two people inside who were unfamiliar to Day and his partner.

“There was no evidence of a crime there, there was no evidence of a crime in the car,” said Lt. Price.

Monday, Lt. Price told Fox26 News he discovered the man and woman took Day’s car without his permission.

Link

18. Kimster

Now, why did it take 8 months to learn the car was taken without permission?

19. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Seriously! HELLO!!!

20. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Probably both. "L.E." probably thought it was too much work to do a proper search. They would actually have to have garbage removed to do so. It shows what a SICKO the other people living there are! Eating, Sleeping, Watching T.V. Going to run errands. La la la. Nothing's wrong . SICK! UGH!