1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

ID DEORR KUNZ: Missing from Lemhi County, ID - 10 July 2015 - Age 2

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Olala, isn't he the one who made Emily Glass tell him where Lucas Hernandez was to be found? Lots of people don't like him, but I think that the results count, and he had some success.

Kimster, NOCLUE, MrsS and 2 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Yep, same guy. I think he's also on the Joe Clyde Daniels case.
    https://www.searchformefoundation.org/

I agree that results count. Not just talk and smoke-and-mirrors like previous PIs on this case. Hopefully he can get some results here. But IMO, any private investigator, no matter how good, is unlikely to help in Deorr's case.

Steve, Kimster, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  3. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Well-Known Member

Yes, the circumstances are alot different to the Lucas case. But I am sure that he will stir the pot a bit...:stirpot: I still have hopes that this cute little guy will have a proper burial some day.

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, Steve and 3 others like this.
  4. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

At least he's trying. Maybe he'll get somewhere.

NOCLUE, Steve, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

As long as someone cares and is willing to put in that work trying for results... I am ok with that

NOCLUE, Steve, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Court completely dismisses DeOrr Kunz Jr. case

Seventh District Court in Bonneville County fully and completely dismissed the case Kunz v. Klein.

The case was filed over a year ago and all but one portion of the case was dismissed. On May 1, 2019, and announced on May 3, 2019, the decision was made public on the last piece of the case – to which was dismissed.

https://www.localnews8.com/news/kif...etely-dismisses-deorr-kunz-jr-case/1075783563

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, Steve and 4 others like this.
  7. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

8. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

Investigators are focusing on an “area of interest” in the search for DeOrr Kunz Jr., an Idaho Falls toddler who vanished while camping four years ago.

David Marshburn, a private investigator working with the Search for Me Foundation, has spent the past few days in Lemhi County with Sheriff Steve Penner. Marshburn brought two trained search dogs and confirmed in a Facebook post Wednesday that his job in Idaho is complete.

“We can not confirm or deny anything at this time!” Marshburn wrote. “We will be returning to NC because we feel our part is done. We would like to thank Sheriff Penner and his department for the hospitality. They made us feel like one of their own.”

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2374637572861265&set=a.1503276039997427&type=3&refsrc=http://www.eastidahonews.com/
    UPDATE ON BABY DE'ORR:
    Yes we are in Idaho!
    Yes Rico and Kaz have done an excellent job!
    We can not confirm or deny anything at this time!
    We will be returning to NC because we feel our part is done....See More:
    https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2374637596194596&id=100009451361590

Penner tells EastIdahoNews.com he has been working with Marshburn and appreciates his contributions to the case.

“I can tell you we have focused and will be focused on an area of interest for the next few weeks,” Penner says. “I can confirm no new evidence has been collected at this time, and we continue to investigate this case.”

Penner did not elaborate on where that area is, though he did say he was there when he spoke to EastIdahoNews.com on Wednesday afternoon.

DeOrr vanished July 10, 2015, while at the Timber Creek Campground in Lemhi County with his parents, great-grandfather and a friend of his great-grandfather. There has been no sign of DeOrr since that day, and nobody has been charged in connection to his disappearance.
    upload_2019-6-6_8-27-41.jpeg
    https://www.eastidahonews.com/2019/...on-area-of-interest-in-search-for-deorr-kunz/

https://www.kpvi.com/news/local_new...cle_23e23114-8850-11e9-a180-ff6c8082f117.html

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  9. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

Idaho campground to temporarily close for missing toddler DeOrr Kunz investigation

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/local/crime/article231980442.html
    BY NATE EATON
    JUNE 26, 2019 11:52 AM, UPDATED JUNE 26, 2019 12:36 PM

LEMHI COUNTY — The U.S. Forest Service is temporarily closing part of Timber Creek Campground this weekend.

Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner tells EastIdahoNews.com he requested the closure in relation to the DeOrr Kunz Jr. investigation. He did not elaborate on what investigators will be doing in the area but the campground where Kunz was camping will be closed from June 28 to July 1.

Violators who trespass into the area could be fined up to $5,000 and serve up to six months in jail.

10. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, MrsS and 3 others like this.
  11. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

It was David Marshburn who convinced Emily Glass to lead him to Lucas Hernandez’s body and confess.

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, MrsS and 2 others like this.
  12. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

So were cadaver dogs ever brought to the campsite prior? If they were, this either means one set of dogs is wrong or something happened there between the two dates.

NOCLUE likes this.
  13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

From the article I posted the link of: “The campsite was searched with cadaver dogs in the weeks after DeOrr went missing in 2015, but those dogs came up empty. ”

14. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Thanks. I missed that but thought i remembered them being there.

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, kdg411 and 2 others like this.
  15. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

'We're not done by any means:' Campground linked to missing DeOrr Kunz Jr. reopens after search

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/l...arch/277-0bc81a8e-b149-4f7d-8038-2e1b2b835671
    Author: Katie Terhune, Kim Fields
    Published: 12:05 PM MDT July 1, 2019
    Updated: 12:10 PM MDT July 1, 2019

LEADORE, Idaho — A campground where an Idaho toddler vanished in 2015 reopened to the public Monday morning, after investigators closed it down over the weekend for a search related to the case.

Speaking by phone Monday morning, Lemhi County Sheriff Steve Penner declined to say what, if anything, the search had turned up.

"We're not done by any means," he told KTVB.

Takeitfromme, Steve, NOCLUE and 4 others like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

KTVB Exclusive: The last people to see DeOrr Kunz Jr. alive talk about what happened to the missing toddler

KTVB's Kim Fields: "What do you think about?"

Kunz: "Just how he'd be now. I keep positive. It is positive. But the best thing I ever did has been a father and I've missed out on that."

There are three theories as to what happened to DeOrr - he was kidnapped from the campground, taken off by an animal, or someone on that camping trip did something to him.

Fields: "Do you have anything to hide?"

Kunz: "No, absolutely not. We had nothing to do with this and we don't know anymore. I understand how it looks and how it sounds, we just don't know anymore. And we wish we did, trust me. We wish we did. This is not a way for anybody to live."

Fields: What is it like to be accused of murdering your son?

Kunz: "It's sickening. It's sickening how quickly people will turn."

Fields to Kunz: "Sheriff Bowerman he thought and said, 'I don't even know if DeOrr was up at that campground.'"

Kunz: "You know, eventually I'll be able to prove a lot of this, a lot of these theories wrong."

Fields: "What do you mean by that?"

Kunz: "That's just a theory that is wrong. My son was there. He was at the store, people seen him at the store."

Mitchell: "That's the hardest part about all of this is just not knowing if he's alive or if he's gone. And I need to grieve and mourn the loss of my son, or, because you know all of this, I feel like I can't grieve because I don't know where, you know, I don't know the situation. Because if I start grieving and mourning the loss of him, then it feels like I'm giving up."

Fields: "If Bowerman is correct and you were changing your stories, were you changing your stories and why?"

Mitchell: "Um, I believe a lot of it is like blocking things out, you know. You're so emotional, you're so, you're trying to remember everything as they're asking you all these questions a thousand times, and being drained, and not sleeping, and you know everything all at once, you block things out or you forget."

Fields to Reinwand: "You're the one that can say whether or not DeOrr, baby Deorr was at that campground."

Reinwand: "As far as I know to my knowledge, he was there."

Fields: "He was there for the whole time?"

Reinwand: "The whole time we were up there and was camping with us, yes."

Fields: "What do you think happened to baby Deorr?"

Reinwand: "I have no idea. "Maybe it was an accident or something. I don't know."

Fields: "Do you think he's still alive?"

Reinwand: "I don't have a comment on that."

Fields: "Do you think Jessica had anything to do with his disappearance?"

Reinwand: "Ew, I'm not going to comment on that either."

Fields: "Why not?"

Reinwand: "I just feel like I just want to stay neutral in this situation, you know, I don't want to point fingers. "I don't think it's nice or it's right."

Fields: "Do you think Vernal DeOrr had anything to do with baby DeOrr's disappearance?"

Reinwand: "I have no idea."

Fields to Mitchell: "Are you lying?"

Mitchell: "Absolutely not. I just, yeah, I have nothing good to say about Klein in all reality because he was there for the money. He didn't care about my son. The minute he got that money he was, 'Oh, it's the parents.'"

Kunz: "In my opinion, I wouldn't hire him (Klein) to find a lost dog in an empty parking lot."

Fields to Mitchell: "Did you know where the body was?"

Mitchell: "Absolutely not. I'm pretty sure that I would have been arrested a long time ago if that's what I said."

Kunz: "Your name's destroyed, your life's destroyed. And unfortunately, the minute he come out and said that he believes that my son was deceased, people stopped looking for him they just automatically condemned him to being deceased and condemned me and his mother as branded killers and it's something we're not. And it was wrong, it really was."

Mitchell: "I've lost jobs, I've had people threaten me in my workplace, I've had people message me on Facebook calling me a baby killer saying that they hope I rot in hell. Just these horrific things that I pray that no other parent has to go through this."

Fields to Mitchell: "When we talk about the public judgment and scrutiny can you understand why some people would point the finger?"

Mitchell: "Oh yeah, I absolutely understand that."

Fields to Kunz: "It's one thing for a private investigator in Texas, who you say is media hungry, to name you as a suspect to, as you say, throw your name through the mud, but it's another to have a sitting sheriff call our newsroom and say, 'I'm naming them suspects, I think this is a case of homicide?'"

Kunz: "Well, it doesn't mean it's how it was, just in his opinion we were suspects."

Fields: "Who did it? What happened?"

KTVB: "If I knew, I wish I could tell you if I knew, but hopefully soon I'll be able to know," Kunz said.

Fields to Reinwand: "I have to ask, did you do something to DeOrr?"

Reinwand: "No. I know this needs to be solved and the parents need closure and I know everybody wants to know what happened. And I wish I could tell everybody exactly what went down completely, but I don't remember everything."

Fields to Mitchell: "Do you think he's still alive?"

Mitchell: "I'm trying to keep that hope alive that I will see him one day and that somebody is taking care of him but you know 4 years later with no sightings, no, you know, nobody asking for money you know things like that. it's just hard to think that and hard to keep that hope alive that I'm going to see him again."

Fields to Kunz: "If DeOrr is still alive what would you want to say to him?"

Kunz: "I just hope that I'm making you proud. that I have in all this, just that you knew that amongst all the negativity that I never did stop hope. I never did stop looking and I love you. It's as simple as that. I love you and I just want my boy. I just want my boy."

https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/k...dler/277-52262e4f-c39c-44b9-9c4c-518a0353a62b

KareBear, NOCLUE, Steve and 2 others like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Full interview with Isaac Reinwand

kdg411, NOCLUE, Steve and 2 others like this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5 Idaho Cold Cases You Might Be Able To Help Solve

The last few months have been filled with stories of missing people in Idaho. Too many times, though, we never find out what happened to the missing people and the cases go cold. Cold cases in Idaho are not a new issue and some missing people have remained missing for decades. A new YouTube video focuses on five of these cold cases and hopes to help solve the mysteries around them.
    • DeOrr Kunz is one of the most famous missing persons cases in recent history. In 2015 the Kunz family went camping and that is when young DeOrr went missing. We have had continuous coverage of this tragic case and developments as they occur here on our website.
    https://newsradio1310.com/5-idaho-cold-cases-you-might-be-able-to-help-solve/

Steve, Tammy, Kimster and 4 others like this.