1. Don't miss the next episode of TRUE COLD CASE FILES with our member, Jason Futch!
    You can also be a part of this broadcast by letting Jason know what cases you'd like him to research in future episodes!

Click Here

Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

AZ DEVIL DOG DOE: WF, 35-55, found in Kaibab National Forest by deer hunters - Oct 2003

Discussion in 'Unidentified 2000 to 2009' started by Kimster, May 15, 2015.

1. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

"“And she's very clean, like she's been washed,” Jones said."

"She was probably western European. An X-ray analysis revealed she likely had diabetes and was a heavy smoker based on the condition of arteries in her legs. Jones went through 277 missing persons reports. He checked with Immigration in Washington, D.C. on women who fit her profile who might have overstayed a visa."

"Jones said he believes she was killed in what she considered a safe place for her. She has no defensive wounds. The person who did it knew her -- perhaps a relative or a close associate."

(Snipped) (BBM)

http://azdailysun.com/blogs/crimina...cle_c7c43258-15ad-11e3-8da9-0019bb2963f4.html

2. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Screenshot of her rule outs on Namus:

image.jpg

3. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

"Autopsy reports indicate she had eaten approximately 1 to 3 hours prior to her being murdered, that she had pneumonia in the right lung and there was some evidence of heart disease."

"Her nails were beautifully manicured."

"Clothing: None"

(Snipped)
    http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/ar/t7336.htm

FlandersFields, Akoya, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/06/24/n...ing-of-socialite-in-1998.html?ref=topics&_r=0
    He said that on the day of the murder, July 5, 1998, he grabbed Miss Silverman and dragged the struggling 4-foot-10 woman into her bedroom.
    ''I walked up to the bed with Irene Silverman, and my Mom turned the TV on,'' he said. ''And my Mom had a stun gun and hit her in the head with the stun gun and then said, 'Do it.'''
    Mr. Kimes said he then strangled Miss Silverman, wrapped her body in several garbage bags and loaded the body in a duffel bag.
    He then placed it in the trunk of a car he had left parked nearby and drove to New Jersey in search of an isolated spot with a trash bin.
    He said he selected a trash bin in Hoboken, but did not specify where.

13th March, 1998 -
    Kenneth told jurors that on March 13, 1998, he set out to complete his mother's plan to kill David Kazdin.
    Kenneth had been to Kazdin's home a half-dozen times on surveillance missions. In addition, Sante had picked up a drifter named Sean Little,
    whom they had "wooed" with "nice food, cocktails and fake friendliness," Kenneth said, in order to gain his help with the murder.

A documentary on Sante Kimes:
    -----------------

I wonder whatever happened to Sean Little - Kenneths side-kick helper with the disposal of the body?

Regarding the UID woman - Devil Dog Doe...
    I wonder if she had had a shower and gone to bed - and was alseep when she was given the blow to the head to cause her death.
    Coud be why she was clean, naked and had no defensive wounds.
    That sounds like a robbery to me.
    She may have had a large amount of money, or something of great value which someone wanted to take.
    A single blow to the head to kill her - it seems like someone wanted this to be a very quick and quiet assault.

on another note - I dont think that Irene Silverman was disposed of in a dumpster seeing that the body of David Kazdin had been dumped in the same fashion but had been found
    by a homeless man.

I wonder where she really was disposed off, and if Sean Little was around to dispose of the body and not by Kenneth.

5. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

https://sedonaeye.com/coconino-county-cold-cases-need-help/

Coconino County Cold Cases Need Help
    SEDONA TIMES / SEPTEMBER 18, 2012 / 2 COMMENTS

[​IMG]
    Coconino County AZ Cold Case Unit members Joe Sumner, Amy Kelly and Chuck Jones stand with the skull of an unidentified set of remains that bears the entrance wound from a single gunshot. The remains were originally found below Shoshone Point at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in 1933. (photo courtesy of Jake Bacon/AZ Daily Sun)

Flagstaff AZ (September 18, 2012) – In 2005, the Coconino County Sheriff’s Office developed a Cold Case Squad to review cases that have not been solved.

There are over twenty eight (28) unsolved Coconino County homicides under review by the Cold Case Squad. Some of these cases date back to 1955 when many forensic tools were unavailable for investigations.

All members of the Coconino County Cold Case squad are volunteers. Members of the Cold Case Squad developed forensic and investigative expertise during careers with the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI), Department of Public Safety (DPS) Investigations, DPS Crime Lab, Forensic Nursing, Courtroom Proceedings and Judgements, Crime Scene Investigations, National Park Service Law Enforcement, and many other specialities.

[​IMG]
    Devil Dog Doe

The goal of the Coconino County Cold Case Squad is to be able to state with confidence that everything is being done or has been done to solve cold case files. Whenever possible, evidence from these cases will be re-examined using the newest scientific methods.

One of the more prominent cases being worked by the Cold Case Squad is known as the “Devil Dog Doe Case.”

The Devil Dog Doe cold case is the homicide of a female who was discovered off of Devil Dog Road, west of Williams, Arizona in October 2003.

[​IMG]
    Devil Dog Doe (2)

One of the first goals of the squad is to identify the Jane Doe victim, also known cordially as Devil Dog Doe. (see artist renderings to right)

Efforts to identify the Devil Dog Jane Doe have included numerous interactions with law enforcement agencies, both nationally and internationally.

The case and artist’s renditions of the victim were publicized in the Arizona Republic and the Arizona Daily Sun, as well as on websites such as the National Center for Missing Adults, the Doe Network, and America’s Most Wanted and now the SedonaEye.com.

[​IMG]
    Devil Dog Doe (3)

With the assistance of the Violent Crime Analysis Unit of the FBI, this was the first homicide case to be published in the Academy of General Dentistry.

Chemical analyses point to possible regions in which the Devil Dog Jane Doe victim may have resided. While this case has produced many promising leads, the identity of the victim remains unknown. The public’s help is necessary to solve this case and bring a murderer to justice, and a name and family to Devil Dog Jane Doe.

Contact the Coconino County Cold Case Squad at http://www.coconino.az.gov/contact/form.aspx?id=522 if you have information or tips that may help solve this Devil Dog area cold case and or others:

Thanks to Akoya for the original post.

6. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

I found our DDog Doe on the doe network also.
    I scanned through the thread and did not see a link for her
    so am posting it. My apologies if it was already posted and I missed it.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/411ufaz.html

I didn't know isotope tests had been done on her.
    Results of an isotope test indicates the victim could have spent her formative years in Central Europe, possibly Vienna, Austria, and spent the last decade of her life in Western France, possibly near Paris
    [​IMG]
    Also, the side view photo, and mention of some moles.

Square 1/4" mole above left side of forehead, mole on tip of right shoulder, mole over left collarbone / clavicle, mole on front of right lower leg, and a mole over the middle part of the right ankle.

I wonder if she was here on vacation and when she didn't come home family was told she died in U.S. and was either buried or cremated.
    Since she did have some illness, and her age it may not have been questioned.
    Very puzzling case (to me).

7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I think she was traveling the USA, checking out the Grand Canyon. The curious part is that no one from another country seems to be looking for her?

Whatsnext, FlandersFields and Akoya like this.
  8. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

ACHTUNG! NEIN INSULTS!

9. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Someone mentioned She resembled "Madelyn O' Hare" not sure of the Spelling. It really does. I Didn't think about that. She was one of MOST intolerant, Intolerable, Hateful, People that EVER LIVED! Her Son, The other One, When I was a Kid. And He spoke about how She was the One Who took "Prayer" out of "Schools" and because He believed in "God", She would not gave ANYTHING to do with Him. I couldn't have been more than 12. But something I will always remember. And I have seen "Footage" of Her, And She was SOOO HATEFUL!!!

10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

11. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Maybe she was a "Tourist". But I think this was a "Domestic violence" Death. No "Missing Persons Reports" that match. One was probably never filed. Dentals are so distinctive. But no match. Her and Husband go on "Vacation". Kills her. Comes back saying she ran off with someone else. People believed him. He was someone they felt they could. No "Child" or other "Family" looking for her?. With over an estimated $20,000 worth of dental work. She wasn't transient. Or the "Autopsy" would State she had that much done. But teeth were in bad shape.

12. Angela

Angela New Member

It is strange she had expensive dental work and nails done
    I say she might have come from another country and she looks as if she is around retirement age and a lot of elderly people do travel
    I am also amazed there is no information from other countries or her information shared as if it is wide spread there could be more answers
    I wonder why family have not shared photos too if she had children you think they be searching or a mate
    Very sad

Whatsnext, Kimster and Mel70 like this.
  13. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

You have a great point that "Older People" will start to travel. But in this case I don't think she was from outside the "U.S." Because as detailed as the Report was on her teeth. They would have been able to tell if they thought they were done in a "Different Region".

Kimster likes this.
  14. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:welcome:

I know little about dentistry in other countries. Are their techniques different than ours in the USA? :dunno:

Whatsnext and Mel70 like this.
  15. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It is different Yes
    But how and what to look for, I don't know. But during an "Autopsy" it would be noted. And they would investigate where in the World the same type as victim's was done.

Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  16. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

That same son ended up asking her to bring up his daughter when he couldn't though didn't he? Robin? So I wonder how awful she really was.

I cannot believe this UID is not Madalyn Murrary O'Hair. Of course, Madalyn and her relatives were found... or their bodies were back in 2001 but she is her doppelgänger for sure.

Kimster likes this.
  17. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Consider me corrected. I read up on Madalyn. She actually adopted Robin and her son, William (Robin's father), was later estranged from her. Still, I wonder how bad she can be.

Anyway, back to our Devil Dog Doe. She is her own person and obviously is not Madalyn.

Mel70 and Kimster like this.
  18. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

It was another Son.

19. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Is there another way or to have her Dentals resubmitted. Because there was just the slightest suspicion it was done in another Country. It MAY be. Isn't good enough. It appears to Me, They just didn't put much effort into finding out.