1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IN DIAMOND BYNUM & KING WALKER: Missing from Gary IN - 25 July 2015 - Age 21 & 2

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

May God give them wisdom so they can find answers!

Uno2Much, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Detectives awaiting info in Gary missing persons case

Detectives called up to take a fresh look at the disappearance of Gary resident Diamond Bynum and her nephew King Walker were released after a week of full-time work, but the investigation is far from over, task force spokesman Robert Byrd said.

The team of detectives, who come from a number of Northwest Indiana departments, submitted several items to the Indiana State Police crime lab, interviewed and re-interviewed people, re-canvassed several areas using K-9s and executed at least one search warrant, Byrd said.

He declined to discuss specifics about the items submitted to the crime lab for analysis because of the ongoing investigation.

“We’re not leaving any stones unturned,” he said.

Detectives have more interviews to conduct, Byrd said. As part of its standard practice, the task force could be reactivated as new information is uncovered.

Byrd said police have gotten several tips since the task force began investigating and followed up on each of them. More tips are needed, he said.

Anyone with information is urged to call the Gary Police Department Tip Line at (866) 274-6347, or (219) 898-0059 to speak directly to an officer.

All information is kept confidential, and anonymous tips can be made online on the “Submit a Tip” tab at nwimajorcrimes.com.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_126e5426-68d9-52ca-ba6b-590876c663ea.html

3. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

sending prayers

Uno2Much, Takeitfromme and spike like this.
  4. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I'm standing my ground on my instinct on this case. This was a lure/abduction. Someone out there knows exactly what happened. I am STILL convinced that someone managed to gain Diamond's trust and convince her to meet or go with them and whether she had King go last second or the perp wanted him to come along IDK but obviously he was definitely with her because he is gone too

5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing from Gary: 2 years and counting

Ariana Walker passes out pink flyers to customers at a Markham, Ill., salon with the usual hairstyle information, but also with pictures of Diamond Bynum and King Walker, who've been missing for two years.

Now 23 and 4, respectively, Walker's sister and her son are described and there are phone numbers to call if anyone has seen. Walker said tips have slowed to a trickle, but she still holds out hope.

"I still feel they're somewhere out there and they're with someone," Walker said.

Eugene Bynum said he agrees with his daughter.

"I'm quite sure that they're out there," he said.

It's been tough waiting for information, Walker said. "I think where we are now is, kind of like, reality hit. You know, that it's been so long, and it's like, we're dealing with our personal feelings about it. And it is hard."

"According to what police is telling me, they're just waiting on tips and they haven't got any tips in a while," said LaShann Walker.

"In general, cases that linger on without conclusion, we really do need the public's help," Mance said. "There are people out there who know what happened."

If people are afraid to come forward, Mance said, they can call Gary's tip line at 866-274-6347 or submit an anonymous tip online at nwimajorcrimes.com.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/ct-pt...ce-anniversary-st-0723-20170713-21-story.html

Uno2Much, spike, Jay and 1 other person like this.
  6. Kimster

On July 25, 2015, Diamond Bynum, 21, and her nephew, King Walker, 2, went missing from the house where Diamond lived with her stepmother and father, Eugene, in Gary, Indiana. The two reportedly had been taking a nap that afternoon, as had Diamond's stepmother. When the stepmother woke up, she says the two were gone. The family had recently moved to Gary with Diamond, who is described as mentally challenged. At their old home, Diamond was able to go on walks around their neighborhood because she knew the area. The family fears Diamond may have taken King on a walk and gotten lost. Family members have spent the past year and a half pleading with the public for any information they may have, but few clues have been uncovered. Dateline was unable to reach the investigating agencies for an update on the case, but friends and family still post on the Help Find Diamond Bynum & King Walker Facebook page asking for help with their search. A $1,000 reward is being offered for the safe return of Diamond and King. If you have any information regarding Diamond and King’s cases, please contact the Gary Police Department at (219) 881-1260.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ne-s-missing-america-90-still-missing-n826516

7. Imamazed

Imamazed Lead Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Uno2Much and spike like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New leads sought in disappearance of woman, nephew from Gary

Investigators are hoping to bring new attention to the disappearance of a 21-year-old woman and her 2-year-old nephew more than two years after they went missing from their home in northwest Indiana.

On Thursday, state police released an age-progressed photo of King Walker, who would now be 4 years old.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/new-leads-sought-in-disappearance-of-woman-nephew-from-gary/

'No one has seen either of them since': Police seek info on Gary pair missing more than 2 years

The Indiana State Police are again seeking tips to try to find two people who went missing from Gary more than two years ago, according to a spokeswoman.

"There have been no new tips, leads or developments in months," Sgt. Ann Wojas said.

Now, more than 21/2 years later, Bynum would be 23, and Walker would be 4.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/subur...num-king-walker-tips-0202-20180201-story.html

NCMEC isn't loading right now. Will try to pull up his new age-progression later.

Imamazed, Uno2Much and spike like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Investigation continues into disappearance nearly 3 years ago of Gary woman, her nephew

It's been nearly three years since Diamond Bynum and her then-2-year-old nephew went missing and nearly a year since police have received any tips about their disappearance, Indiana State Police 1st Sgt. Jeffrey Matson said.

Police said Friday — which was National Missing Children's Day — that the case remains open, and they are ready to follow up on any additional information they receive.

http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/...cle_fb6174ec-30d6-5838-b1f6-5488fcf43aa7.html

Imamazed, spike and Uno2Much like this.
  10. Takeitfromme

I just saw them featured on A&E Live PD

It is so sad that they have not been found. King would be 5 now. Diamond would be 24

I really think something sinister happened.

Uno2Much, spike, Paradise and 4 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Three years ago, Diamond Bynum and nephew King Walker disappeared without a trace

Bynum, 21 at the time and described as developmentally disabled, and her nephew went missing July 25, 2015, from their home in the 500 block of Matthews Street.

The Northwest Indiana Major Crimes Task Force agreed to assist in the investigation in October 2016 and submitted several items to the Indiana State Police crime lab, interviewed and re-interviewed people, re-canvassed several areas using K-9s and executed at least one search warrant.

The family has since moved out of the home on Matthews Street.

Anyone with information is asked to call Indiana State Police Detective Chris Campione at 219-696-6242.

Anyone with tips can also call the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children at 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678) or the Gary Police Department at 219-881-1260.

https://www.nwitimes.com/news/local...e_74225709-30ea-57dc-a318-c86654048c6c.html#1

12. Takeitfromme

This is one of the saddest cases. Dyamond doesn't know any better, I highly doubt that she would believe that people can really hurt her or her nephew due to her disabilities people like her don't really understand instinct some don't have it because of the defective issues in the brain her and her nephew were so innocent I can't help it wonder what made her walk out the door and take him with her there has to be somebody that lured her encouraged her to come to them when obviously their intentions were to cause some serious harm otherwise we would know where they are by now

13. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

What is so frustrating in this case is that there are so many possibilities as to what happened. Maybe the real target was Diamond because of her naivete and King happened to be in her care when she was taken. OTOH, maybe King was the target and he was easier to abduct while in Diamond's care. But, if only one of them was the target, what did the perps do with the other?
    Another possibility is that Diamond and King were the victims of an accident. Due to Diamond's intellectual challenges, her judgment would be impaired. I think they lived close to a large body of water. There also may have been construction sites nearby. I trust LE investigated these possibilities.
    Without any evidence of foul play or some accident, Diamond and King's disappearance would be very challenging for LE. No doubt Diamond's inability to perceive danger played a role, but it doesn't narrow down the possibilities.
    LE and MSM have been very silent on this case. I hope it's because LE are following up on some promising leads. The family deserves answers, and Diamond and King deserve justice.

14. Kimster

I thought that possibly King went into the water and then Diamond followed to save him. However, at least one of their bodies would have been discovered by now!

15. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

https://www.abandonedamerica.us/gary-indiana
    http://desertedplaces.blogspot.com/2016/04/the-abandoned-ruins-of-gary-indiana.html

I've heard of this case before, But i had no idea Gary, Indiana was an abandoned ghost town. Just looking at this video of someone driving through the city gives me the creeps.

I wonder if a predator may have lured Diamond and her nephew into an abandoned building and killed them, or perhaps they went into an abandoned building and could have fallen through a floorboard.

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  16. Uno2Much

Uno2Much Bronze Member

Wow. Yes, those are possibilities--they could have gotten injured and trapped in one of the many vacant buildings, or been lured into one by someone with nefarious intentions.

spike and Scorpio like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Indiana Grandma Seeks Answers After Toddler's 2015 Disappearance from Relative’s Home

“He was a happy baby,” La Shann Walker, 47, recalls of her beloved 2-year-old grandson, King Walker, who disappeared nearly four years ago from a relative’s home in Gary, Indiana. “He used to love for his mom to sing John Legend.”

King was last seen on July 25, 2015 when he and his aunt, 21-year-old Diamond Bynum, went missing together from the relative’s home. Bynum has a genetic disorder called Prader-Willi syndromethis link opens in a new tab, which causes slow mental development among other ailments. According to NWI.comthis link opens in a new tab, Bynum “has the mental capacity of a 7-year-old.”

Walker recounts how, on that fateful day, King’s mother, Ariana Walker, brought the boy over to the relative’s home to babysit while she attended cosmetology school. But when the relative awoke from a nap, King and Bynum were gone.

Walker tries to maintain her faith that King and Diamond are still out there. “I wanted to get a private investigator, but it costs so much. I couldn’t afford it,” she says.

Despite the ongoing pain she and her relatives continue to experience, Walker tries to maintain hope. “Thinking about death, I’d go crazy. I have to stay focused and keep my mind right so I can be good when they get home.”

https://people.com/crime/king-walker-diamond-bynum-disappear-gary-indiana/

Dobrev and kdg411 like this.
  18. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

none of this case makes sense.
    i'm not sure where diamond could have gone to or how far she could have gone on her own.
    foul play? but why? in broad daylight?
    it seems unlikely that they would still be alive.
    how well could diamond have taken care of King?

kdg411 and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.
  19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Families call attention to the cases of 3 missing Chicago-area women

The families of three Chicago-area women who went missing under different circumstances recently gathered together to call attention to their stories.

LaShann Walker will not give up either. Her intellectually disabled daughter Diamond Bynum went missing from her home in Gary, Indiana, along with her 2-year-old nephew King Walker, nearly four years ago.

At the time, it was believed Bynum had wandered off and gotten lost.

"My world has just been turned upside down," said LaShann Walker . "Sometimes I feel like I'm in this by myself."

https://abc7chicago.com/families-call-attention-to-cases-of-3-missing-chicago-area-women/5396172/

Whatsnext likes this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

kdg411 likes this.