1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#AmberAlert DIANA ALVAREZ: Missing from Fort Myers, FL - 29 May 2016 - Age 9

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, May 29, 2016.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Search underway for missing Fort Myers girl

[​IMG]

A local 9-year-old girl, Diana Alvares, is missing.

She was last seen at 2 a.m. on Unique Circle in Fort Myers and has dark hair, brown eyes and two distinctive scars on one of her legs, according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office. Alvares was last seen wearing blue bottoms and may be carrying a green blanket with flowers printed on it.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/05/29/search-underway-for-missing-fort-myers-girl/

Search for missing 9-year-old Lee County girl underway

A search was continuing late Sunday for a 9-year-old south Lee County girl missing from her mobile home park since 2 a.m.

The Lee County Sheriff's Office issued a request Sunday morning asking for the public's help locating Diana Alvares.

About a dozen of the manufactured homes were behind crime scene tape that cut off an entire section of Unique Circle.

Scott Behrenwald's girlfriend and her mother live in one of the homes near the crime scene ad he was sitting with friends in a home inside the cordoned off area.

"The search this morning was done just by us," he said. "I got here about 8:30 and saw all the cop cars around. We went walking around. Some of us went out and knocked on doors."

"I want to know, have they looked at the cameras at Walgreens," he asked. "That's the only way they can see someone coming and going here."

He said he hasn't heard anything about what happened.

http://www.news-press.com/story/new...9-year-old-lee-county-girl-underway/85127440/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...alvares-is-missing-from-ftmyers-florida.1597/

Map from @kdg411 : https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...DJS6cJnc0&ll=27.47087491173146,-81.653366&z=7

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2018
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Deputies searching San Carlos Park area for girl, 9

Diana was last seen at 10 p.m. at her home at 3540 Unique Circle off US-41.

Her family and neighbors are doing everything they can to find her, printing out fliers and placing them around town.

Nancy Martinez is Diana's cousin. She said Diana was last seen by her family when she went to bed at 10 p.m.

"They were supposed to wake up Diana for church this morning, she wasn't there," Martinez said.

"She wouldn't ever leave at night. Anywhere after 9 p.m., they don't leave the house unless they're together. This isn't a case where she's running from home for any reason."

Martinez is urging police to put out an AMBER Alert.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/32091122/deputies-searching-for-fort-myers-girl-9#.V0uNf-SQ-y9

[​IMG]

3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

She's adorable! ♡ I pray it's just a mix up and she's found soon!

4. spike

spike Bronze Member

My husband's grandparents built a home in this town back in the late sixties after retiring.
    His grandfather started the first Lutheran Church in the town and the area was quaint, clean and filled with retirees with manicured lawns and a nice little strip mall close by.

As the retirees began to pass on and the economy dove in the late 80s, the homes were sold off by relatives far away wanting to make a quick profit.
    We would notice on each visit that the quality of the neighborhood was changing.
    The big name grocery chain pulled out of the strip mall and some unsavory people had moved in next door to DH'S grandparents.
    They had four vicious pitbulls, chained in their unkempt yard and were threatening to my in-laws.
    It was a shocking transformation.
    Grandfather passed and we cautioned grandmother to sell the house asap.
    She did, but made very little profit.
    I tell all of this, as I fear for this child in that area. It became like a third world country.

5. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

6. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

MULDER, HALO., NOCLUE and 7 others like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

Lee County Sheriff's Office
    19 mins ·
    Update #1

The Lee County Sheriff’s Office, with the help of multiple agencies, (FBI, FDLE, Florida Fish and Wildlife, Collier and Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office, Airport Port Authority, and the Department of Homeland Security), are continuing the search for a missing San Carlos Park child.

While no new information is readily available, deputies and searchers on scene continue to investigate for clues and information in the disappearance of 9 year old Diana Alvares. We do know that Diana did not have any electronic devices on her when she left the home, nor did she participate in social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter according to the Lee County Sheriff’s Office Digital Forensics Unit.

While Diana does not meet the criteria set forth by law for an Amber Alert, all methods and means are being utilized by authorities to locate her. Attached is an additional photo of Diana for dissemination.

Anyone with information should call the Lee County Sheriff's Office at (239) 477-1000. Or, to remain anonymous and be eligible for a cash reward of up to $1000, call Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS. Tips may also be made online at www.swflcrimestoppers.org or by texting a tip to CRIMES(274637) keyword: REWARD

Original release:

The Lee County Sheriff's Office is asking for the public's help in locating a 9 year old female.

Diana Alvares is a Hispanic female, 4'4”, 95 lbs, dark hair, brown eyes, and has two scars on one of her legs. Alvares was last seen wearing a unknown color shirt, blue bottoms, unknown shoes, and may be carrying a green blanket with flower print.

Alvares was last seen at 2:00am at her residence located at 3540 Unique Circle, Fort Myers.

Please contact the Lee County Sheriff's Office with any information or if Alvares is located by calling 239-477-1000 or 911.

A current photograph of Alvares is attached to this release.

[​IMG]

https://www.facebook.com/sherifflee...5709.126209800763634/1178208048897132/?type=3

MULDER, HALO., NOCLUE and 8 others like this.
  10. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I received the FDLE missing alert via email last night around 11 EST. Not sure why it took so long to send it.

11. spike

spike Bronze Member

DHS? WOW.

12. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

13. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh no. :sigh:

MULDER, HALO., NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

15. walkie-talkie

16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

17. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

They won't issue an Amber Alert because a car wasn't involved...but how do they know a car wasn't involved?

There is a Registered Sex Offender on her street. :(

MULDER, HALO., NOCLUE and 5 others like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

Seems like it, Willow.

MULDER, HALO., NOCLUE and 5 others like this.
  19. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member

I edited that, because there is a RSO living on her street...but I also see that the parents are being kept away from family (are they actually in custody?)...
    Now I don't know what to think, but it isn't anything good.

20. Willow

Willow Well-Known Member