1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Diana Keel found stabbed to death, husband is arrested. Did he kill his first wife, too?

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Mar 13, 2019.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

[​IMG]

Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, nurse, missing from Nash Co NC since 3/9/19
    https://www.facebook.com/alejandrakeel

The search for Diana Alejandra Keel, 38, unfolded Saturday when Nash County Sheriff’s deputies responded to a missing person report in Nashville, NC.

The woman was reportedly last spotted a day earlier by her husband, Rexford Lynn Keel. Her employer said she hadn’t come into work for a few days, according to the sheriff’s office.

On Tuesday, North Carolina Department of Transportation employees came across a female’s body while working near Leggett, roughly 30 minutes away from Nashville. Autopsy today confirms identity. Foul play. Husband is POI.

Detectives working the case also followed up on a separate 2006 incident, which was deemed “a death investigation,” that pertained to the missing woman’s husband and his previous wife, Elizabeth Edward Keel, according to the sheriff’s office.

“The 2006 incident was also reported to have occurred at the same address as the current missing person with regards to Diana Alejandra Keel,” the news release said. “Dr. Dourty of the medical examiner's office conducted the forensic autopsy. Dr. Dourty declared the death of Elizabeth Edward Keel as an accidental death based on the blunt trauma to the head from falling and striking her forehead on the corner of the Keel’s front concrete steps of their home.”

https://www.foxnews.com/us/body-recovered-amid-hunt-for-missing-north-carolina-woman-authorities

Sheriff Stone said that Keel's husband is considered a person of interest but was free to go after being questioned on Tuesday afternoon & that Keel has been cooperating with authorities.

Friends & family speak out - Diana was planning to leave controlling husband.

Diana's best friend, Taryn Edwards, said Lynn Keel wouldn't let his wife be alone with anyone.

"The verbal and emotional abuse was evident to me as a friend," Edwards said. "The atmosphere of the house was always really tense. He hovered a lot, never allowed her to be alone with anybody for extended periods of time."

https://www.wral.com/definitely-fou...earch-for-missing-nash-county-woman/18251460/

Kimster and Dobrev like this.
  2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

https://abc11.com/missing-nash-county-womans-friend-says-husband-was-controlling/5189658/

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="https://abc11.com/video/embed/?pid=5190370" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The most difficult aspect of this case is a 10-year-old son and an 18-year-old daughter are without their mother." Stone said Wednesday night.

Gloria Rodriguez

✔@GloriaABC11

Taryn Edwards was a friend of Diana Alejandra Keel. She gives insight into Diana’s relationship with her husband at 4p #ABC11. https://abc11.com/nash-co-womans-husband-released-after-questioning/5185093/ …
    12:13 PM - Mar 13, 2019

I talked to a cousin of Diana Alejandra Keel who lives in Colombia. Her cousin tells me she came to North Carolina to live the American dream but it’s turned out to be a nightmare. “I can’t believe it. It’s very, very sad.” Hear from him at 5p #ABC11
    4:31 PM - Mar 13, 2019

Dobrev likes this.
  3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

4. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Diana's best friend, Taryn Edwards, said Lynn Keel wouldn't let his wife be alone with anyone.

"The verbal and emotional abuse was evident to me as a friend," Edwards said. "The atmosphere of the house was always really tense. He hovered a lot, never allowed her to be alone with anybody for extended periods of time."

v. sad. such a beautiful girl.
    hope he does not flee.

noZme and Kimster like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Immediate signs of abuse. :tears:

noZme and Dobrev like this.
  6. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

so sad. i wonder if she had accepted the fact that she was being abused.

Kimster and noZme like this.
  7. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/lynn-keel-diana-keel-husband-wife/

POI Lynn Keel, 57, has not been charged in Diana Keel's disappearance/death. She was reported missing by her daughter on March 7 and was found dead in an apparent homicide by North Carolina Department of Transportation workers five days later. Autopsy results have not been made public.

Diana Keel’s friends and family told WTVD-TV that she had been trying to leave her husband, but he would not let her. Keel’s mother told the news station her daughter was planning to get a divorce from Lynn Keel and had already met with an attorney. Keel’s mother also told WTVD-TV that her daughter had been trying to leave her husband. “Years ago, my daughter wanted to separate from (her husband) but she couldn’t because he threatened her,” Esperanza Prada told the news station. The Keel's have a 10 year old son together.

Diana Keel had also not reported to work for several days, her employer, a local hospital, said. Her car was still parked at her Nashville home and her cell phone and credit cards had not been used. There was no use of her cell phone. Sheriff Stone said “She talks to other family members quite often, every day, texting, communicating, FaceTimes and then all of a sudden it stops. And there are no sightings of her since Friday. There’s no communications, there’s no track record of financials that she’s did. Her vehicle’s still in her yard and nobody’s heard from her.”

Diana’s daughter, Laura Keel, who is a student at UNC-Wilmington, posted on Twitter on March 10 with a plea for help in finding her mother. “… this is insane.. you see this happen to everyone else and you don’t think it’s every going to happen to you You guys, my mom is missing… "

Diana Keel was originally from Bogota, Colombia, according to her Facebook page. Her cousin, Javier Guevera, told WTVD-TV that Diana moved to North Carolina for the American dream. “I can’t believe it,” Guevara told the news station. “I can’t believe it. It’s very, very sad.”

Diana Keel, a registered nurse, began working at Wilson Medical Center in 2017, according to her Facebook page. She worked as an emergency department technician, according to her Linkedin profile. She graduated from Nash Community College in 2017. Previously, Keel worked as a certified nursing assistant at Autumn Care of Nashville.

On March 3, 2019, in one of only a handful of tweets on her Twitter account, Diana Keel wrote, “So long sadness….happiness has replaced you.”

8. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

On March 3, 2019, in one of only a handful of tweets on her Twitter account, Diana Keel wrote, “So long sadness….happiness has replaced you.”

That is crushing.
    Where is her son? Is he with this monster?
    V. sad for all involved.
    I do wish she had of gone into some kind of hiding. for abused women.

Kimster and noZme like this.
  9. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Yeah - she was moving on & that kind of "man" cannot deal with rejection.

I read that the son is with his grandmother & Keel was staying at his parents' home. News sources said there were 2 weeks of newspapers out front, no one answered the door & neighbors said they had seen no one going in or out.

Dobrev likes this.
  10. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Ok. So her hovering husband doesn't report her missing even though her stuff is still at the house but she isn't. Plus, she was trying to leave him. One doesn't have to be Sherlock Holmes to see through this.

11. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

agreed!!!
    just hope they have the physical evidence to get him.

noZme likes this.
  12. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Police are actively working to find 57-year-old Lynn Keel. He is wanted on a first-degree murder charge.

Authorities told ABC11 that Keel is considered to be armed and dangerous, and he may be headed to the Wilson area.

Lynn may be in a 1998 Stepside Chevy pickup, that is pewter in color, with North Carolina license plate BBM9232.

https://abc11.com/5195664/

Dobrev likes this.
  14. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

i think i said up above that i hope he would not flee *rolls eyes
    i was thinking he would dye his hair and head for a border town, like Scott Peterson.

noZme likes this.
  15. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

hair is not his strong point tho apparently!

16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

CAUGHT!
    Rexford Lynn Keel Jr., who goes by Lynn, was arrested in Pima County, near the Mexican border, Sunday with large amount of cash and a pocket knife in his possession. He is charged with first-degree murder in the death of Diana Keel, 38.

blob:https://www.wral.com/f129bc58-030a-417c-b7d5-78bec94122de

17. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Family of Lynn Keel's first wife 'always questioned' her death

NASH COUNTY, N.C. — As the investigation into the death of Diana Keel continues, community members are questioning another part of her husband Lynn's past -- the death of his first wife.

"We're going to work all the leads on that, and we're going to go back and look at the information we had on the first incident reports," Stone said. "We're going to talk with the District Attorney's Office. It's something that we need to be looking at."

WRAL News has requested the autopsy of Keel's first wife.

In a statement, Bess Keel's family said they have "always questioned Bess' death and feel deeply saddened that another life has now been taken."

Matthew Lambert, who worked with Bess Keel for four years at Microbac Laboratories in Wilson, remembered her as "sweet and nice," and remembers questioning her sudden death.

“Bess was outdoorsy and liked to ride horses," Lambert said. "They (her co-workers) thought it odd that she would fall down the steps.”

For Parker, who has been the mayor of Momeyer for 24 years and knew both of Keel's wives, the decision to reopen Bess Keel's case comes as a relief.

"I am glad that he is looking into it, because we would all like to see justice done," Parker said.

blob:https://www.wral.com/8bd8ab43-45a7-4054-bdbf-09e47f6fc5c7

https://www.wral.com/family-of-lynn-keel-s-first-wife-always-questioned-her-death/18266469/

Kimster, Dobrev and fran like this.
  18. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Kimster, fran and Dobrev like this.
  19. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member