1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

DIANE MCIVER: The State of GA vs. Claude "Tex" McIver *GUILTY*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by walkie-talkie, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I heard pundits saying he’ll have to sell the ranch to get money for his appeals. Just wonder if he can claim the whole ranch and if the survivorship rule will still be in effect considering that Diane owned 50%

Uno2Much and noZme like this.
  2. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Interesting couple - both high maintenance. Difference was, he could no longer support his guilty pleasures..... this will be tossed around for years - probably more years than Tex has left. Attorneys will have the last laugh & last dollar, too.

(When did I become so cynical?

But you are Blanche, you are...)

Paradise likes this.
  3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

#TexMcIver - Sentencing has been set for May 23.

4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Tex McIver sentencing is scheduled for 1:30 p.m. today. I will post a link when I find one closer to the hearing time.

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/excl...er-jury-deliberations/VQqzSOPsTNFzYuRDq2PYAM/
    Inside the Tex McIver jury deliberations
    Claud “Tex” McIver returns to court Wednesday to get a sentence of life in prison for the murder of his wife Diane.

“His hand was on the trigger,” he said. “Guns just don’t go off, which is how we reached our verdict.”

During interviews, jurors spoke of the ordeal of getting pulled away from their jobs and families for a trial that spanned about seven weeks. They bonded over food, bringing in snacks, drinks and produce and piling them on the jury room table. Some put on a few pounds.

“It’s almost like your life is taken away from you,” said a female juror, who asked not to be identified. “But you make new friends, meet different people.”

As for the deliberations, “They were tough, tough, tough,” she said.

The punishment, to be handed down by Chief Judge Robert McBurney, doesn’t sit well with some jurors who convicted McIver. One of them, a commercial real estate professional from Roswell who asked his name not be disclosed, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution he didn’t realize the panel’s compromise verdict meant the 75-year-old McIver would almost certainly spend the rest of his life behind bars.

It seemed impossible that the jury would unanimously agree to an involuntary manslaughter conviction because three jurors insisted it was murder, the Roswell juror said.“They were intractable,” he said.

Uno2Much and Paradise like this.
  6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

7. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

8. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I was hoping for no chance of parole. Am I vengeful? You bet! At McIver's age, the chance of parole means a lot more than if he were younger. Our prison system doesn't want to care for old & decrepit inmates ~ they get booted out in hopes their infirmities will prevent them from reoffending.

The seemingly endless process of appeals begins now. Georgia can string it out forevah. As I said somewhere above, the attorneys will have the last laugh. To me, there's a pleasant symmetry about that. Ol Tex may not have enough money left to keep a personal masseuse on staff.

:rolleyes:

9. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

He's 75 now with a possibility of parole after 25 years. He's done.

10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I like 25; thought it was 10.

11. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Finally time to catch up a bit.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...ty-say-sorry-says-all/aUZrl1TRz94RYwtmpzxe3M/

Judge: McIver’s inability to say ‘I’m sorry’ says it all

"Before his trial, McIver spoke out often, raising suspicions with almost every word. And on Wednesday, McIver demonstrated again why silence can be golden, delivering a rambling 16-minute diatribe, lamenting his travails, thanking his supporters and rhapsodizing about the love of his life, who he shot in the back. Tex’s final salvo reinforced a negative image his critics say he was largely responsible for creating: Tone-deaf. Incoherent. Incriminating.

“I’ll tell you what’s most telling, McBurney said. “You had as much time as you wanted to share with me what you thought was important for me to hear and I guess your audience to hear. … I didn’t ever hear you say you’re sorry for what you did. To me, that silence speaks volumes.”

"McIver started his monologue thanking his prison pen pals who are convinced he’s gotten a raw deal. He read a note from a woman in Ireland, “The injustice done to you is shocking. Know that a lot of people see through these lies.”

Another supporter sent him recipes. A jockey from the west coast of Australia corresponded with him about his favorite horse...." blah blah blah

“The luckiest day of my life was when Diane chose me,” he said. “We loved each other like small children, unabashedly.”

He said he’d often look at Diane and ask himself, “Is this truly real? Is this real? Because if it’s not real pinch me because this is the greatest dream I’ve had and I don’t want to wake up.”

She’d ask the same question, sometimes telepathically, he said: “We just couldn’t believe it was that, that good.” barf

And she remains with him, even in jail, “She has joined me there,” he said. “It’s as if she’s on the other side of a curtain or in another dimension. I’ve never felt alone.” barf again

“Darling, you have brought me more joy and fulfillment that few men on this earth have ever known,” he said. “Thank you, until we are together again.” I. Cannot. Even.
    [​IMG]

carrying his notes in a Bible

12. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

For Diane McIver’s estate, Dani Jo Carter may be path to big payout

Her testimony helped send Claud “Tex” McIver to prison for life for the fatal shooting of his wife, but now Dani Jo Carter finds herself in the legal crosshairs of Diane McIver’s estate.

She’s been named, along with McIver, in a wrongful death lawsuit filed earlier this week.

Much more McIver coverage on MyAJC.com/mciver/

The lawsuit seeks to prove McIver’s shooting of his wife was an accident, as McIver has insisted from the beginning.

[​IMG]
    “No insurance will cover an intentional death,” said Atlanta attorney Esther Panitch, who has experience in this sort of thing. In 2012 she filed a suit on behalf of Rusty Sneiderman’s estate against his wife Andrea, who at the time was a suspected accomplice in her husband’s murder. But murder charges were eventually dropped against Andrea Sneiderman.

Tex McIver was convicted of felony murder last month, a fact lawyers for Chubb Insurance Companies is certain to seize upon.

\
    “This is a civil case, and we just have to prove what is most likely, that an accident causing death took place in that car,” said Robin Frazer Clark, the attorney for estate administrator Mary Margaret Oliver, who brought the lawsuit. “If we get a jury to accept that, we’ll win the case.”

Carter, because she was driving the McIver’s SUV with their consent, was covered by their insurance, Clark said.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...r-may-path-big-payout/gzgve2UvSoneT1X37oujMO/

After Tex McIver’s conviction, what happens to Diane’s money?

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/afte...t-happens-diane-money/YmHtT1H2bfxZtTbXFiY1CN/

13. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

All the money he received from the sale of her jewelry, furs, etc was said to be for the payoff of Diane’s bequests. I thought he failed to pay many of those.

14. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Tex McIver gets new permanent address

... & a shave & a haircut :)

[​IMG]

Claud “Tex” McIver, sentenced last week to life in prison after being convicted of fatally shooting his wife, will spend the remainder of his days with some of the more notorious convicts in the state. In last week’s sentencing hearing, the 75-year-old attorney was granted the possibility of parole but not until after his 100th birthday.

McIver called an upscale Buckhead condominium home until last month, when a jury found him guilty of murder. Now he’s assigned to the Georgia Diagnostic and Classification State Prison near Jackson, about an hour south of downtown Atlanta. His fellow inmates include Fulton County courthouse killer Brian Nichols and Justin Ross Harris, convicted in 2016 of intentionally leaving his infant son in a hot car to die.
    https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law/tex-mciver-gets-new-permanent-address/uNokRz9vMZBZn58wAk7inN/
    [​IMG][​IMG]

oh ToTo, I don't think we're in Buckhead any longer

15. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Dani Jo Carter: Tex McIver ‘needs to be in hell’

The woman who witnessed Claude “Tex” McIver shoot and kill his wife said the convicted killer deserves to be in prison.

“I think he needs to be in hell,” Dani Jo Carter told Channel 2 Action News.

“I could not imagine it being anything other than a horrible accident initially,” Carter told Channel 2.

But as the star witness in Tex McIver’s murder trial, Carter said her feelings later changed toward him.

“I didn’t care if they found him innocent or guilty,” she said. “I knew that God would—he’d have to deal with whatever he had done. But I could not say that he had intentionally done it.”

By the end of the sensational trial, which lasted more than a month and drew worldwide interest, Carter said she believed he had done it intentionally.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/dani-carter-tex-mciver-needs-hell/dDZg9pyHA3DzRhuzjhWELP/

Both Carter and McIver have been named co-defendants in a wrongful death lawsuit brought by the estate of Diane McIver.

spike and Paradise like this.
  16. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

McIver ranch to be auctioned

The 84-acre property — along with most of its furnishings, art and decorative items — is expected to hit the auction block on the weekend of Aug. 3 following an agreement between the Tex McIver’s lawyers and the executrix of his late wife’s estate. The McIvers each owned 50 percent of the ranch.

How the proceeds — expected to be more than $1 million — will be split is still unclear. "He owns one-half of that land, no matter what," Atlanta estate attorney Kasey Libby said. "His half-interest is not affected by the murder because it is not property Diane owned when she died."

But there’s no consensus on whether McIver’s right of survivorship trumps the state’s slayer statute, which prevents convicted killers from inheriting from their victim. Atlanta trusts attorney Robert Aitkens said the McIver case is unprecedented in Georgia. "It raises the question, 'Does he keep an undivided one-half interest?'

His hold on the 80-acre spread was tenuous. Diane McIver’s attorney, Kenneth Rickert, testified about a promissory note, dated March 1, 2005, for a loan from his client to her husband for $755,000 plus interest. That would’ve given her the option of foreclosing on the property, though Rickert said he doubted she would’ve ever done that.

Any money Tex McIver might receive would go towards paying off that loan.

e auction will be handled by Ahlers and Ogletree, the same firm that oversaw the sale of many of Diane McIver’s personal effects, jewelry and clothing soon after her death in September 2016.

https://www.ajc.com/news/crime--law...n-putnam-county-ranch/0m8yhhQ8xqHGt0aPoxQ8cI/

@Tex. Diane didn't get your stuff ~ but neither did you.

Paradise likes this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

As a beneficiary he wouldn’t have gotten the other half. I’m finding it hard to believe that he would get it under the survivorship rule. With the repayment of the loan and and not upholding the right of survivorship, that would leave him with nothing. The $755,000 repayment should go to Austin but It won’t