1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Did Glen Rogers kill Nicole Simpson?

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by TrackerSam, Dec 13, 2015.

1. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Bronze Member

On I.D. there was a 2 hour show called 'My brother the serial killer'. It's about Glen Rogers who claims he killed 70 people including Nicole Simpson. He wrote his brother that he was hanging out with rich people, had met Nicole and was going to "take her out". Did he mean he was going to date her or kill her? He says he took a gold and diamond angel pin that he took from her apt. and sent it to his mother. She wore the pin every day of his trial and he confessed to killing her. That should be easy to verify but would only prove he's a thief.
    What do think?

Mel70 and President Pope Dewey like this.
  2. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

Nah.....we all know who did it.

Meash, GarAndMo49 and GatorD like this.
  3. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

I often wondered that, it does fit his MO

4. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Here's the doco on YT, if anyone's not seen it:

I'm going to watch it again.. I recall thinking after seeing it a while ago, that killers like Rogers often like to pump up their "cred" by lying about victims.. his confession alone can mean absolutely nothing, IMO.

5. President Pope Dewey

President Pope Dewey Sanity is a state of mind

That's true, but he had told his brother before the murders that he was "going to take her down"

TrackerSam likes this.
  6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I'm going to wait until I get a chance to re-watch the doco before I comment on Nicole & Ron's murders... but meantime, I have often wondered whether Rogers was responsible for any of these crimes, seeing as he had a definite preference for redheads:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders

7. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

just for reference:

Last edited: Dec 14, 2015
  8. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I've never heard of this Rogers fellow before? Interesting thread here.

Meash likes this.
  9. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I think he is just blowing smoke. Too much leads back to OJ for me. I can't see how G.R. could get the glove where it was AND the sock(s)' oh, yeah, and the "ugly ass" shoe impression. Nope, all of that leads to OJ.

Mel70, Meash, believe09 and 1 other person like this.
  10. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Okay, here's where I am with this:

I am pretty certain that OJ was there at the murder scene at -some- point -- whether he wielded the knife himself, was an accomplice to a hit he's arranged, or turned up at the scene after a hit he'd arranged. I have little doubt that he is responsible for these murders, I'm just not entirely convinced he did them alone.

And this is mainly because the investigation and forensics were handled in the most craptastic way possible.

Just besides -- I want to say that I think the prosecution did an equally appalling job. It's like all the city officials were so used to slacking off and being half-assed about their jobs, suddenly here's a global spotlight on it all, exposing how slack they are. I can't think of why else there was such universal incompetence, other than that it was the norm and then this was exposed via the case. And don't get me started about the jurors. Anyway...

As for Glen Rogers.. A/ I dunno why his brother's not in jail for being an accessory to at least a few of those murders since he admits knowing about them at the time and doing nothing... IF he actually "did nothing".... He's a strange one, too, and I get the feeling he's half enjoying the publicity/wanting to make a buck off his brother's (and OJ's) story and and half making a case against his brother getting the DP. In his own words, he's a successful conman, and I do get that sense as he speaks - that he's pulling a con.

On the other hand, IF he and his family members aren't lying (in hope of a big payoff for the story) and there's enough evidence raised to put GR in Nicole's life (and strange it seems, he may well have been, considering the drug angle) then it ought to be investigated. The video below makes a decent case for OJ not acting alone (and presents a couple of possible alternate suspects), and I think it's worth watching for that, and also the decent case it makes for evidence tampering... which I do think is possible.

I mean how DID that blood preservative get into OJ's blood from the car, etc??? Really, how? Not that I think it was wholly a set-up, as much as some cop wanting to "help" the case along in areas where the he thought the evidence was thin.

Here's that vid - interesting to compare this with the ones above:

guess who likes this.
  11. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I'm not sure why he's he's not as "famous" as some, in the way Gacy & Kemper & Dahmer are almost household names.. and there's a good chance in my mind that he's responsible for at least some of the "Redhead Murders" that happened in the southern states over a couple of decades.

I get the feeling his brother's trying to amp up GR's publicity as a serial killer.. because he's one of the many that aren't widely known about.

guess who and Kimster like this.
  12. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Bronze Member

I think we're going to see more about this soon. I wonder if the brother saved the letter saying Glen was going to "take her out".

Kimster likes this.
  13. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

I believe it was "take her down". Which is a lot less ambiguous in meaning.

I'm not too inclined to believe the word of a self-confessed (and from what I can see, unrepentant) conman, so I too hope there's some kind of physical evidence of that comment, date stamped to before the murders. Maybe a few witnessses who'll put RG squarely in Nicole's (and/or OJ's) circles -- I think he'd be pretty memorable.

Here's a thought -- would double jeopardy apply, if OJ can be proved to have to hired a hitman, rather than hands-on committing murder himself? Is there a chance (in theory, as in reality I think the cops will never allow this, unless forced to..) that proof of this might lead to another trial?

guess who likes this.
  14. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

"Take her out" could also mean take her on a date, no?

15. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

According to the brother's statement on the doco, it was "take her down". If he's said "take her out" elsewhere, I haven't seen it.

16. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Murderpedia article on Glen Rogers:

http://murderpedia.org/male.R/r/rogers-glen.htm

This is interesting.. yet another serial killer working for the Govt:

During the seven-day trial the defense maintained that Rogers wasn't the murderer. Furthermore Hamilton, Ohio Police Sgt. Tom Kilgore testified that Rogers had worked for the department as a paid undercover narcotics informant, making hundreds of cases over the years without ever breaking his cover.

GR also has recanted his claim to killing 70 people, apparently.

17. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

FBI Files: Deadly Stranger

18. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Some interesting comments from (it is claimed) the profiler from the ID documentary:

Glen’s family never was actually involved in his crimes. While he is alleged by Clay (please take whatever you hear from Clay with a slight grain of salt – Glen does not write him, talk to him or even acknowledge him anymore) to have done things, there is no direct proof.

The odd thing, I have information that was literally hand-drawn by Glen, while we were visiting, and handed over to police. Nothing was done. I have maps, eluding to crimes, admissions on paper – handed to police, nothing was done.

The cemetery you refer to is the Rogers’ family cemetery. It is well known and can be found rather easily. Cadaver dogs or electro magnetic imaging devices could be used – but have they? I got a call from a Japanese reporter a few months after the documentary aired saying they had begun digging up the family cemetery. This was untrue. They were simply trying to get more information from me that I did not know.

Is “self reporting” by a serial killer to be deemed 100% accurate? no. However, the OJ Simpson story did not start with me and has been around since 1995. Glen’s alleged involvement in this was not only shown on the documentary and forwarded to the prosecution, but swept under the rug.

Another thing, all of the information I learned from Glen was BEFORE the production company called me. Glen did not want the pres. In fact, after I went “public” with the information he did not contact me again. The only thing I have received from Glen, a man who wrote me 3-4x a week for 3+ years, is two letters and 1 Christmas card received 2 weeks ago.

As far as the “fame game,” he does not need the press. Inmates on death row want to lie low and being in a large documentary that the world is talking about is not good for him. I felt that his story was compelling, long-lasting, plausible and (in person) very convincing.

If you look at the life of Mr. Simpson, he never did anything on his own. Why were there no bloody kick prints on the wall or blood marks on the wall if the perpetrator scaled the wall to make the “three bumps in the night?”

There were post mortem wounds inflicted on Nicole’s neck – three of them. This is highly consistent with Rogers’ signature and atypical of husband-wife murders. Sure, there is often overkill or wounds that are the nature of two people who were emotionally tied at one time – but not what we saw in Brentwood.

In Las Vegas, OJ didn’t even do his own bidding to get a signed jersey back, he hired goons to do the work. He lived a silver spoon life and was not THAT DUMB to be involved in the direct killing.

Rogers provided to me a detailed explanation, in writing, of who was killed first, the meeting night (OJ), the time of this meeting, and if it can all be disproved, then it is all hocus pocus.

But we have a notorious serial killer, 22 minutes from the crime scene, who had been at the condo himself, who knew Nicole, knew her friends, and his last day of work JUST HAPPENED to be the day after the murders. Wow, that is quite a bit to ignore by even the most die-hard “OJ Did It” supporters.

I am not saying OJ is innocent, I just do not think he could inflict such graphic and gruesome wounds, get in his car (very little blood was in the Bronco given the crime) and be home within a few minutes to shower and be ready for his limo at 11:00pm. Glen throws this in for fodder…”Nobody ever said OJ was alone in the Bronco.”

Now one might say, “Why would he confess this to you?” This might be the same person who says, “Why did Glen invite you to see him 8 times and send you all his personal items when he though he was going to be executed?”

Lots of things are not known about our relationship, which was not shown in the documentary. There is more to come from Rogers and this story, that much I can assure you. As far as Mark Peters, I told them where to look for the weapon, Glen drew a map, right down to the area where it could be found. Nobody cared! Nobody!

I am trying to do my part, nobody cares because he is on death row. I care because there were lives taken and answers not known.

http://serialkillers.briancombs.net/3707/victims-of-glen-rogers/

TrackerSam and guess who like this.
  19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

20. TrackerSam

TrackerSam Bronze Member

Wow. Just wow. Do you know if an execution date has been set?