1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Did Katherine Folbigg really murder her four babies?

Discussion in 'Australia: Crimes & Trials' started by Lily, Jun 12, 2018.

?

Do you think Katherine Folbigg is guilty?

1. Yes, she killed all four babies.

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No, I think she is completely innocent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. She killed some of her children but not others.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm not sure either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

In my opinion.....it's resounding "yes". But due to several other convictions being overturned for similar crimes, some now believe Folbigg deserves a retrial.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/did...ve-killed-her-four-babies-20130128-2dfnw.html

For those not familiar with the case, here's some links:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathleen_Folbigg

http://murderpedia.org/female.F/f/folbigg-kathleen.htm

Kathleen Folbigg has spent 14 years in jail for killing her babies, but experts say there's real doubt over her conviction

In a 120-page report Professor Cordner, who is also head of international programs at the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine, found much of the forensic pathology discussed at the trial was ‘‘misconceived’’.

He found the default diagnosis of murder was ‘‘wrong’’ and there was no forensic pathology support for the Crown case that Kathleen Folbigg smothered her four children.

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/4628278/monster-or-miscarriage-of-justice/

However, I cannot get past her journal entries, and the rage she displays in them toward her helpless infants. All the mothers (and fathers!) here will know how frustrating a baby can be, at times... but can you honestly tell me you've ever felt this level of sheer anger at your infant?

Significant parts bolded by me.

DIARY OF KATHLEEN FOLBIGG – when her last child, Laura, was three to five months old.

November 9, 1997: Craig was pretty drunk Friday night. In his drunken stupor he admitted that he's not really happy. There's a problem with his security level with me and he has a morbid fear about Laura - he, well I know there's nothing wrong with her. Nothing out of ordinary anyway. Because it was me not them.

Think I handle her fits of crying better than I did with Sarah - I've learnt to, once getting to me, to walk away and breathe in for a while myself. It helps me cope and figure out how to help her.

With Sarah all I wanted was her to shut up. And one day she did.

December 8, 1997: Had a bad day today. Lost it with Laura a couple of times. She cried most of the day. Why do I do that? I must learn to read her better. She's pretty straightforward. She either wants to sleep or doesn't. Got to stop placing so much importance on myself.

Must try to release my stress somehow. I'm starting to take it out on her. Bad move. Bad things and thoughts happen when that happens. It will never happen again.

December 31, 1997: Getting Laura to be next year [sic] ought to be fun. She'll realise a party is going on. And that will be it. Wonder if the battle of the wills will start with her and I then. We'll actually get to see. She's a fairly good natured baby, thank goodness, it will save her from the fate of her siblings. I think she was warned.

January 28, 1998: Very depressed with myself, angry and upset. I've done it. I lost it with her. I yelled at her so angrily that it scared her. She hasn't stopped crying. Got so bad I nearly purposely dropped her on the floor and left her. I restrained enough to put her on the floor and walk away. Went to my room and left her to cry.

Was gone probably only five minutes but it seemed like a lifetime. I feel like the worst mother on this earth. Scared that she'll leave me now. Like Sarah did. I knew I was short tempered and cruel sometimes to her and she left. With a bit of help.

I don't want that to ever happen again.

I actually seem to have a bond with Laura. It can't happen again. I'm ashamed of myself. I can't tell Craig about it because he'll worry about leaving her with me. Only seems to happen if I'm too tired. Her moaning, bored, whingy sound drives me up the wall. I truly can't wait until she's old enough to tell me what she wants.

-------

Nuff said, I think.

But 'experts' are saying her journals are "normal" for women who've lost babies.

What do you think?

Kimster likes this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I don't think that's normal at all! I lost my temper (verbally) with my babies a few times and didn't have those kinds of thoughts whatsoever. Mine were more of "Oh NO. That won't happen again!" and then apologized to my kids profusely. I think these comments are very suss!

Lily likes this.