1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Drew Peterson, convicted of one murder and suspect in another *GUILTY AGAIN!*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by Kimster, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

The Illinois Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal in the case of Drew Peterson, the former police officer who was convicted in 2012 of murder in the death of his third wife.

Lawyers for Peterson asked the high court to toss the murder conviction earlier this year, arguing he was denied a fair trial due to the use of so-called hearsay statements and other allegedly critical errors during court proceedings in Will County.

An Illinois appellate court in November affirmed the former Bolingbrook police officer's murder conviction and sentence in the 2004 death of Kathleen Savio, whose body was found in her suburban Chicago home's bathtub. The court upheld Peterson's 38-year sentence, meaning he won't be paroled until 2047.

Peterson is scheduled to stand trial on charges he solicited an inmate to kill Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow, who prosecuted the Savio case.

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...-Peterson-Appeal-374030401.html#ixzz44R3UNIus

Okay, so why in the sam hill are the taxpayers of Illinois having to pay for this nonsense? Can anyone give me an answer that's going to make me think this is fair???

Thank you @Softail for the link! :hug:

spike, Red and Softail like this.
  2. Softail

Softail Well-Known Member

:maddening:This really makes me mad.

Thanks Kimster!

spike and Kimster like this.
  3. Kimster

It does me too!!! For some reason, he's always reminded me of Josh Powell - another scumbag!

noZme, spike and Softail like this.
  4. Red

Red Well-Known Member

DP could solve a lot and save a lot

noZme and spike like this.
  5. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Drew Peterson set to return to court for murder-for-hire trial

On Friday, jurors will again file into a courtroom, this time in the tiny Randolph County Courthouse in downstate Chester where Peterson is to stand trial on charges he attempted to find a hit man to kill Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow.

Peterson, 62, was charged with solicitation for murder in February 2015 after a fellow inmate allegedly recorded him trying to arrange the hit from inside the maximum security Menard Correctional Center where he is serving a 38-year sentence for killing Kathleen Savio.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-drew-peterson-trial-jury-selection-met-20160515-story.html

Softail, spike, noZme and 4 others like this.
  6. Kimster

The scumbag is in the news again, I see.

spike, noZme, walkie-talkie and 4 others like this.
  7. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

What a waste of space and air. :nah:

8. Red

Red Well-Known Member

Just to clarify.... When I refer to DP I do mean the Death Penalty, not the other person with in this case with matching initials

9. spike

spike Bronze Member

:teehee:

10. walkie-talkie

Jury selection to begin in Peterson murder-for-hire trial

ST. LOUIS (AP) - Jury selection is set to begin in the murder-for-hire trial of Drew Peterson, the former suburban Chicago police officer accused of plotting to kill the prosecutor who put him behind bars in his third wife's death.

The process will start Friday in Randolph County in southern Illinois, where Peterson, 62, is serving a 38-year-sentence at the maximum security Menard Correctional Center. Opening arguments are scheduled to start Monday, with the trial anticipated to last at least one week.

The Illinois Attorney General's Office and the Randolph County state's attorney are prosecuting the case against Peterson, who faces a sentence of up to 60 years if convicted of solicitation of murder for hire along with solicitation of murder.

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/143354107-story

AlwaysSearching, spike and Kimster like this.
  11. walkie-talkie

AlwaysSearching, spike and Kimster like this.
  12. Kimster

He's such an idiot. Why in the world did he think he'd get away with this?

13. AlwaysSearching

AlwaysSearching Bronze Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Peterson-admitted-killing-missing-wife.html

Fellow inmate testifies that Drew Peterson confessed to killing his wife
    • Drew Peterson is on trial again - this time for attempting to hire someone to kill Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow
    • Fellow inmate Antonio Smith testified on Monday that Peterson asked him for help in hiring a hitman to kill Glasgow
    • Smith also said that Peterson confessed to killing his fourth wife Stacy Peterson, whose body has never been found
    • Peterson is currently in prison on a 38-year sentence for the murder of his third wife Kathleen Savio
    • Savio's 2004 death was re-investigated after Stacy Peterson went missing in 2007
    • If he is convicted in the murder-for-hire plot, Drew Peterson will have another 60 years added onto his sentence

14. spike

spike Bronze Member

Boom. There it is. Boom. There it is.

15. AlwaysSearching

Red, walkie-talkie, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  16. AlwaysSearching

walkie-talkie and spike like this.
  17. AlwaysSearching

18. AlwaysSearching

19. AlwaysSearching

20. AlwaysSearching

walkie-talkie, Paradise and spike like this.