1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

DYLAN REDWINE: State of Colorado vs. Mark Redwine for the murder of his son *July 2020*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, May 20, 2015.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

What about "ABUSE of a Corpse"?!!! ONE OF THE MANY OTHER THINGS HE SHOULD BE CHARGED WITH!!!!

NOCLUE, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  2. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

I'm not a fan of defense attorneys either, but they are a necessary part of our judicial system. Often the wrong person is accused and they prove their client innocent. A rigorous defense, while disgusting, is also necessary.

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Trial set for father accused of killing 13-year-old Dylan Redwine

The date and location of a trial for a Colorado man accused of killing his 13-year-old son have been set.

The Durango Herald reports 6th Judicial District Judge Jeffrey Wilson on Thursday said the trial for Mark Redwine will be June 24 in Durango.

Judge Wilson says he will consider moving the trial to a different judicial district if it becomes apparent an impartial jury can't be seated in La Plata County.

https://www.krdo.com/news/trial-set...f-killing-13-year-old-dylan-redwine/973429630

patsella, NOCLUE, Lily and 3 others like this.
  4. CA Lady

CA Lady Member

DURANGO — A man accused of killing his 13-year-old son in southwest Colorado is scheduled to go to trial Sept. 18.

The Durango Herald reported Mark Redwine’s attorneys argued they needed more time to prepare for the trial, which has been delayed multiple times. Redwine, whose trial was set to begin in June, has spent more than 600 days in jail since his arrest in July 2017 in connection with the death of his son, Dylan.

https://www.denverpost.com/2019/04/28/mark-redwine-trial/

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

This is one trial I'll be keeping a close eye on. I hope Law & Crime will be able to broadcast it.

6. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I am gonna follow too! :popcorn:

I can't imagine why MR/lawyers would want to continue delaying the trial...

Mark has already been in jail almost two years...

seems he would just want to get it over with!

:jail:

7. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Oh...

I know...

Mark wants to just keep torturing Dylan's mom and whole loving family! :mad:

8. patsella

patsella Bronze Member

Me too. I will be following along and hope Dylan gets the justice he deserves.
    I think he believes he is smarter than LE and the prosecution team.

9. Cousin Dupree

I disagree. I'm assuming he's in jail now. When he gets sent to prison things will get much, much worse for him. He probably knows that and that's why he's stalling.

10. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

John Moran accused of domestic violence

A Colorado public defense lawyer assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine was arrested Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

John Moran, 42, of Durango, appeared Monday in La Plata County Combined Courts wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit.

Sr. Judge Raymond Satter issued Moran a personal recognizance bond, meaning he would be released Monday afternoon or Monday evening without paying any money. A protection order has been ordered preventing Moran from contacting the alleged victim.

*(could this potentially delay the case?)

11. Cousin Dupree

Bigtime, if he loses his law license.

12. Kimster

This is the kind of stuff that happened in another case that caused a long delay...can't remember which one. Was it Holly Bobo?

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Ugh.

Judge Postpones Redwine Trial After Attorney’s Arrest

A judge has postponed the trial of a man accused of killing his 13-year-old son in southwest Colorado. The Durango Herald reports 57-year-old Mark Redwine’s trial was set to begin Sept. 17, but the timing was complicated in July after one of his attorneys was arrested on assault and domestic violence charges.

Since the arrest, the attorney has failed to appear at two hearings, and the judge deemed him unable to properly represent Redwine.

It could be months before a new attorney is caught up on the case and ready for trial.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/08/13/mark-redwine-dylan-redwine-murder-trial-durango/

Takeitfromme, NOCLUE, kdg411 and 4 others like this.
  14. Kimster

Yeah this is what I expected. :sigh:

Takeitfromme, noZme, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  15. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

Kimster, Takeitfromme, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  16. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

NOCLUE, kdg411, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  17. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

Ugh is right!

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Tuesday marks seven years since disappearance of Dylan Redwine

Dylan Redwine disappeared seven years ago Tuesday in La Plata County, an event that prompted a yearslong investigation that ultimately led to the arrest of the boy’s father on suspicion of murder.

Dylan’s disappearance Nov. 19, 2012, and subsequent homicide investigation sparked national attention. The boy, 13, was last seen with his father, Mark Redwine, on surveillance footage at the Durango-La Plata County Airport and at Walmart in Durango.

“It’s kind of surreal,” said Elaine Hatfield-Hall, Dylan’s mother, in an interview Tuesday with The Durango Herald. “Sometimes, it doesn’t feel like it happened.”

“I’m sure I’ll never get the truth (about what happened to Dylan),” Hatfield-Hall said. “It’s time that we can settle this and get my son’s remains so I can give him a proper burial.”

Chief District Court Judge Jeffery Wilson said he plans to summon hundreds of residents in the 6th Judicial District in an attempt to find an unbiased jury.

“I’m just grateful for everybody in La Plata County,” Hatfield-Hall said. “It’s been drawn out for seven years. It’s frustrating, it’s heartbreaking, but we just have to keep moving forward. We have no choice.

“... Hopefully one day this nightmare will end for our family.”

https://durangoherald.com/articles/...en-years-since-disappearance-of-dylan-redwine

NOCLUE, CA Lady, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

:tears: