1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

DYLAN REDWINE: State of Colorado vs. Mark Redwine for the murder of his son *July 2020*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, May 20, 2015.

1. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

I think it's more than likely that he had something to do with it, but there isn't much evidence, right now, that he definitely did it. I'm just going on feeling like you are.

spike likes this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I just noticed the byline:

They found more evidence near the location of where Dylan's remains were found? After all this time?

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_28417388/

3. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

I am so, so, so curious as to who the POI is...

4. Kimster

You and me both!

GarAndMo49, byo, MarlyWings and 3 others like this.
  5. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

And... I wonder when LE will let us know who the POI is...

6. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

After five months of reviewing what he called "voluminous material, evidence and reports," former FBI criminal profiler Pete Klismet said he determined there was someone the team needed to be focused on.

"That person probably realizes we've narrowed the focus down," Klismet said. But he says, "We don't know if he or she will talk to us."

On Monday, Klismet went to the place where the boy's remains were found and said being there really brought things together for him.

"As I go up the road with one of the investigators, I notice a lot of different things," Klismet said. "When we get to where the remains were ultimately found, it was very informative for me to actually see it. Going to the scene really brought things together for me in my mind."

Klismet said the area where Dylan's remains were found had a bunch of trees, rocks and steep hill climbs. But he said he doesn't look at things in a traditional way.

"I look at behavioral things," Klismet explained. "What was done and what wasn’t done."

He also said that while the area is very steep, in the spot where Dylan's remains were found, it's flatter. It's an area that serves as a foot path and ATV path and some more items connected to the investigation were found there just last month.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...me-scene-to-help-determine-person-of-interest

Klismet said he’s found a person of interest. Investigators aren’t saying who, but revealed that it’s someone they’ve interviewed before.

--
    Investigators want to make it clear that the person of interest is not considered a suspect at this time.

“It’s a matter of probable cause, I suppose. Once that has increased, then it would be at a point to call them a suspect,” Klismet said.

http://www.koat.com/news/fbi-profiler-offers-glimpse-into-dylan-redwine-case/33973100

7. Lambchop

Lambchop Administrator Staff Member

Since they are saying they found more items connected to the investigation near where Dylan's remains were found, I would be thinking if I were a "POI" that I may have left something behind. There is always that chance.

byo, Cousin Dupree, Lily and 3 others like this.
  8. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

Yes... I imagine that someone is getting a little nervous about now....

Cousin Dupree, Lily and ~Lyric~ like this.
  9. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

‘Person Of Interest’ Identified In Dylan Redwine Case, Father Says He Wasn’t Aware

CBS4’s Kelly Werthmann was able to contact Mark Redwine by phone. He told her that he didn’t know anything about the new developments in the case. When Werthmann told him a person of interest has been identified, he said, “One would like to believe that.”

“It’s hard to have emotion when you don’t know what’s going on. I haven’t heard from the sheriff’s department,” Mark Redwine told Werthmann when she asked about the potential break in the case.

He declined a recorded interview, adding he is not in Colorado, but said he “looks forward” to hearing from authorities.

http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/07/01/report-person-of-interest-identified-in-dylan-redwine-case/

:banghead:

Why would he want to voice anything, he never has. I know, people handle things differently. Even if it turns out that he is NOT the POI, I will never understand him.

spike, GarAndMo49, byo and 4 others like this.
  10. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I have not followed this case. RIP Dylan - so sad!

The POI is someone they've interviewed before. Does anybody that has followed know any of the interviewees, other than the obvious, Mark and Elaine?

11. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I'm not sure WindStorm, I didn't follow this in the beginning either. I just remembered when he was found. I'm sure tho, there is a lot of information out there, just have to dig it out.

12. Kimster

I don't recall anyone else. He had just gotten to the area when he went missing, so I don't know how many they would have interviewed. But even if his parents were the only ones reported as being interviewed, it doesn't mean there aren't many more who were questioned that we know nothing about.

13. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I've just read through the entire timeline that Elaine has posted on the FB page (link posted upthread). I need to process it. There's a lot of information!

Bless Dylan's heart. He looks an awful lot like my youngest son. I shed a few tears while reading.

byo, NOCLUE, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  14. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

In the back of my mind, I have to wonder how much of this info has been released to the media just to rattle someone?

Whoever tore Dylan from this world, I hope they are arrested soon.

15. Kimster

I've had that happen to me before too! Kyron Horman reminds me of my youngest son at that age. It really brings it home when that happens!!!

16. Cousin Dupree

Is it too early to refer to this person as a POS instead of POI?

byo, NOCLUE and katydid like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

It's really interesting that they're using a profiler for this case. Profiler's can be pretty dead on in their assessment of a crime scene. IIRC, the profiler in the Arthur Shawcross case was off only by his age. Because Shawcross had spent time in jail previously he said it was like being put on hold. So he got a lot of it right. It's a profession I find really interesting.

18. katydid

katydid Well-Known Member

Mark has got to be the POI.

He says that LE has not contacted him to tell him about this new development. I have to think that if Mark was off the hook, and they had reason to believe it was a neighborhood pedophile, they would have reached out and told him.

It is hard to believe a profiler would end up looking at anyone other than that bitter, estranged man. JMO

19. MarlyWings

MarlyWings Retired Staff

I think it's a fantastic move they've brought in the profiler. Looks like Pete Klismet sure has some experience.....

Meet Pete Klismet

In 1985, a small cadre of FBI Agents were hand-picked to receive training in what was then called “Psychological Profiling.” Pete was fortunate to have been chosen to be a part of this elite group of original profilers. Extensive training followed, and in addition
    to his regular investigative responsibilities, Pete was the Profiling Coordinator for the Omaha Division which encompassed Iowa and Nebraska.
    Pete worked with agencies in the Midwest on violent crime cases in addition to training hundreds of officers in the newly-implemented “Psychological Profiling” program.

http://www.criminalprofilingassociates.com/Petes_bio.html

20. Kimster

You brought up an excellent point! If MR was off the hook, why wouldn't they let him know?