1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

DYLAN REDWINE: State of Colorado vs. Mark Redwine for the murder of his son

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, May 20, 2015.

1. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The La Plata County sheriff’s office said Thursday they have found the remains of Dylan Redwine, a teenager who went missing in November near a small southern Colorado town.

Sheriff’s Office spokesman Dan Bender said a search team found several items while looking in the Middle Mountain area near Vallecito, where Dylan wet missing in November.

They were sent to the Colorado Bureau of Investigation for identification. “Some of those items were human remains and they were able to identify those as being the remains of Dylan Redwine,” Bender said.

Dylan Redwine, who was 13-year-old at the time, was last seen near his father’s home in Vallecito Thanksgiving weekend.

http://kdvr.com/2013/06/27/authorities-plan-announcement-regarding-redwine-disappearance/

spike, GGE, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.
  2. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

La Plata County Sheriff’s Office looking at ‘new activity’ in death of Dylan Redwine

MONUMENT, Colo. — The La Plata County Sheriff’s Office said it’s investigating new activity related to the death of Dylan Redwine.

The 13-year-old boy was visiting his father in the southwest Colorado town of Vallecito when he disappeared. His remains were discovered nearby on Middle Mountain nearly two years ago.

No suspects or persons of interest have been named and the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office refers to it as a murder investigation. The sheriff’s office said it would not discuss anything related to the case.

“There are new pieces of information that we know and unfortunately because this is an ongoing investigation I can’t really speak to what they are,” Dylan’s mother, Elaine Redwine, said.

http://kdvr.com/2015/04/19/new-developments-in-death-of-dylan-redwine/

spike, GGE, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.
  3. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

spike, WindStorm and NOCLUE like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:praying: Prayers for Dylan's loved ones! I can't believe there hasn't been an arrest yet. :(

5. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Who Killed Dylan Redwine?

It has been nearly two years since searchers found Dylan’s remains on Middle Mountain, but he has yet to have a proper burial. The handful of his bones that was recovered rest in an evidence locker in the La Plata County Sheriff’s Office and cannot be released to the Redwine family until his killer is found—or the investigation is closed. He thus remains in limbo: part of him committed to the earth by the elements, the other withheld as evidence in one of Colorado’s most stubborn cold cases. Dylan Redwine cannot be laid to rest until justice is served and his killer found. While his family did find some closure when the first tragic part of the mystery was solved and Dylan’s bones were found, it was incomplete. He cannot formally part from this world until the other, more elusive question is answered: who killed Dylan Redwine?

http://ciphermagazine.com/blog/?p=4062

6. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Apparently Mom is going to be back on Dr. Phil, today.
    The above article is heartbreaking!!

7. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I can't believe he has not been laid to rest!! :tears:

spike, GGE, Lily and 3 others like this.
  8. Kimster

She is? That poor tortured woman. :( I don't know how she's been able to endure.

spike, Lily, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  9. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

From the facebook page, yes she is going to be back on there today.

spike, Lily, NOCLUE and 1 other person like this.
  10. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

11. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I'm watching the Dr. Phil show right now...

Mom said, she realized when Mark refused to take the lie detector test, his body language....his total lack of concern, she knew then, that Mark killed Dylan, she knew he was not coming home.
    They were showing portions of the last time they were on the show...Mark said he thought Elaine had something to do with Dylan disappearance.

Today, Elaine and her son, say they believe, because only portions of Dylan were ever recovered, they believe that Mark moved him.

spike, GGE, Lily and 1 other person like this.
  12. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Mark is on the phone with Dr. Phil, he says he did take a polygraph with LE.
    He didn't like the examiner's questions from Dr. Phil. He just asked to many questions.
    Dr. Phil said, they say you can see where the partial remains were found, from your front door.
    Mark: well it's about a mile as the crow flies. But yes you can see it from my front door.

spike and Lily like this.
  13. Kimster

MR creeps me out. I can't watch that show because he is that creepy, IMO.

spike, GarAndMo49 and ~Lyric~ like this.
  14. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Elaine just asked Mark, well if you won't take another polygraph, Will you let the LA Plata Sheriff's office and I to come into the house and try to recreate what may have happened... and Mark said, well..basically No.
    Then the Sheriff's statement about still ongoing investigation.
    Mark say's well good, I hope they find my missing son?

spike, GarAndMo49, Lily and 2 others like this.
  15. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

The show is over. I didn't catch the first part, but I reckon it was a show about those that have disappeared and Dylan's case was last segment.
    Of course Mark didn't show up, he was on the phone.
    Yeah, that man knows more, just my opinion.

spike, Lily and Kimster like this.
  16. Kimster

:praying: Prayers for Elaine and Dylan's loved ones. Dylan needs justice!!! :(

spike, daisy7, ~Lyric~ and 1 other person like this.
  17. Retteacher

Retteacher Well-Known Member

I hope there's some action taken so this lovely boy gets justice.

18. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

Here's what I think happened. And it's just my opinion, based on what I know about the case.

It is no secret that Dylan & his brother saw pictures of their father engaged in some truly weird (and unhygienic..) fetish behaviour. I remember reading that their relationship with their dad had cooled since that happened, on Dylan's last visit to Mark (IIRC). Dylan hadn't wanted to visit his dad, he didn't seem too happy at all to be there, and pretty much arranged not to be in the house the moment he arrived. I think this had a LOT to do with those pictures.

And I think Dylan's death could have had a lot to do with them, too. IMO, it's very possible Dylan had some kind of outburst at Mark, rejecting him, perhaps calling him on the behaviour in the pictures, and Mark snapped.

I could be wrong. But at this point in time, I really don't believe I am.

spike, GGE, GarAndMo49 and 3 others like this.
  19. Lily

Lily Bronze Member

"And that makes me very happy as the father of a missi... er, of a still missing child"

Just wtf.

Dr Phil's face as MR says this.

[​IMG]

spike, GarAndMo49, NOCLUE and 2 others like this.
  20. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I was reading the timeline, and what struck me is this, Dylan went into chambers with the Judge to talk. When they came back out, Elaine got full custody of Dylan. Then he had to go on a visit with Mark.
    If he didn't go, Elaine would have been in contempt.
    Mark, knowing, his children didn't want anything to do with him, snapped!
    Dylan was probably cold, stand offish. He didn't want to be there.
    I agree Lily, I think there was an outburst as well.

spike, GGE, GarAndMo49 and 2 others like this.