1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Vanessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Vanessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TX ELIZABETH CAMPBELL: Missing from Copperas Cove, TX - 25 April 1988 - Age 20

Discussion in 'Missing 1980 to 1989' started by Scorpio, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Elizabethcampbell.png
    https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/918/586

Elizabeth was last seen on April 25, 1988 at a 7-11 convenience store in Copperas Cove, Texas. The last time she was seen, Elizabeth was wearing blue jeans, white tennis shoes, a white T-shirt, and a yellow jacket, and was carrying a maroon handbag. Elizabeth has a scar on her forehead and a scar on her chin. Her nickname is Liz. Elizabeth is Biracial. She is Asian and White

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ing-from-copperas-cove-texas-since-1998.2109/

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  2. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

http://unsolved.com/archives/elizabeth-campbell

Elizabeth's parents immediately distributed thousands of flyers throughout central Texas. Their efforts soon paid off. Only six days after she was reported missing, a girl matching Elizabeth's description was spotted by convenience store clerk, Roger Anyon, about 85 miles from where she disappeared:

"This car drove up to the fuel tank and a man got out of the car and took a young woman by the arm and brought her into the store with him, holding on to her arm. It wasn't as if it was a boyfriend/girlfriend type hold, it was his hand was above her wrist. I was up at the counter, and he pushed a twenty-dollar bill out with one hand. The girl looked up at me, and I said 'Yes, can I help you?' He said something to her in a language that I didn't understand, and she dropped her head, and looked down, as if she was being punished for trying to say something. She just hid, put her face down, and that was the end of that." Then, another eyewitness, Michelle Christenson, came forward with a second sighting of the couple that matched the first in nearly every detail: "The first thing that caught my eye was that he had a real mean, rough look to him. He gave the attitude that he didn't want her to talk, just to stay silent, and that's a weird situation because if someone wants to talk, they usually talk. But she didn't. When I handed the strawberry cone to him, Elizabeth Campbell looked up at me. She looked like she was being pulled around. She wasn't with him by choice."

Despite these two sightings, local police were not convinced that Elizabeth was the young woman under the control of the rough-looking man. But two months later, on July 10 th , a woman named Virgie Johnson claimed to have seen Elizabeth, this time at a gas station over 150 miles from Kileen:

"I had just left my car, going in to pay for the gas, and I bumped into Elizabeth coming out of the store. Elizabeth acted as if maybe she was frightened of someone, or maybe she was being watched. When I saw a photograph of Elizabeth, I automatically knew that that was the girl that I had bumped into in Garland. I was just positive that that was Elizabeth Campbell." Now they had three sightings. Elizabeth's parents were more and more convinced their daughter was alive and being held against her will. The Campbells fear that Elizabeth was being forced to work as a prostitute. Lois Lee is founder of Children of the Night, an organization that rescues young people from prostitution by providing counseling and helping them find shelter:

Akoya and spike like this.
  3. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Elizabeth's case is discussed at the 10:56 minute mark.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

campbell.jpg Elizabeth.jpg

5. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

ECampbell_purse.jpg
    In 1992, Elizabeth's purse in the evidence room at the the Crockett County Sheriff’s Department in Ozona, Texas. It contained Elizabeth's social security card, military ID. It did not appear to be exposed to elements, The County sheriff has no record of receiving it or who originally turned it in. It is estimated that the purse was found somewhere between the 25th of April, 1988 and January 1st of 1989.

The evening Elizabeth disappeared she was wearing a white T-shirt with a design imprinted on the front and carrying a yellow faded jacket and her college textbooks, papers and her 7-11 smock with her name tag attached to it. Elizabeth was also wearing a Diamond Wittnauer watch and a ten karat gold ring with three imbedded sapphires in the center surrounded by two diamonds.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
    Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  6. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

ECampbell_suspect.jpg
    Sketch of a possible suspect seen with Elizabeth.

7. Scorpio

Scorpio Bronze Member

Thanks brianh333 from Sitcoms for this image. This is the 7/11 where Elizabeth was last seen.

ecampbell2.JPG
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/campbell_elizabeth.html

Campbell was a student at Central Texas College and attended classes before leaving for her part-time job at the 7-11 store on Rancier Avenue in on April 25, 1988. After work she went to a group study at her boyfriend's residence, about 30 miles away from her own home. She and her boyfriend got into an argument and she said she wanted to go home, and he refused to take her, so she left alone sometime between 9:30 and 11:00 p.m. Campbell never arrived home. Her family didn't realize she was missing until the next morning.

A clerk at another 7-11 store on Highway 190 in Copperas Cove, Texas reported seeing Campbell the night of her disappearance. The clerk said a man driving a light green Gremlin, whom she thought was a Central Texas College student, dropped her off. The 7-11 employees let her use their phone to call her boyfriend. She asked him to come and pick her up, but they got into another argument and Campbell decided to call her brother instead. This would have been a long-distance call and she didn't want to make it on the store's phone, so she went outside to use the pay phone. She has never been heard from again.

8. spike

spike Bronze Member

IMO...That's not a very good age progression.

Akoya likes this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

After 30 years, missing Central Texas woman’s fate remains a mystery

Wednesday marked the 30th anniversary of the disappearance of a Lampasas woman whose fate remains a mystery.

Elizabeth Ann Campbell was last seen late on the night of April 25, 1988 at a 7-Eleven store in Copperas Cove and her disappearance remains one of the city’s oldest cold cases.

"We would like to get some answers for the family. We hope to find her one day. But if we can't, we at least want to tell the family what happened to her," Copperas Cove Detective Rick Counter said Wednesday.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Co...-for-clues-on-30-year-old-case-480894621.html

spike, Akoya and Scorpio like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Killeen: Family speaks out about missing woman cold case

Elizabeth Campbell would have turned 51 years old Thursday. She went missing more than thirty years ago from Copperas Cove.

Her father is 83 years-old. The family says he is suffering from congestive heart failure, and they are hoping to find out what happened to Elizabeth before it’s too late.

"I smell her clothes- it's Elizabeth's smell. She has a sweet smell," says Elizabeth's mother Sam Soon Campbell.

She opens an armoire in a room where she keeps all of her daughter’s things- neat, tidy and untouched by the owner for more than thirty years.

"I am desperate to find her," she says.

http://www.kwtx.com/content/news/Family-speaks-out-about-missing-woman-cold-case-484305941.html