1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TN ELIZABETH THOMAS: Missing from Columbia, TN - 13 March 2017 - Age 15 *Found Safe*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Mar 14, 2017.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -

Tad Cummins entered a plea of guilty to two counts involving the cross-country trip he took with a Maury County a 15-year-old high school student last year. New details came out during a brief hearing in federal court this afternoon.

“The Government has been ready and eager to try Mr. Cummins on the charges brought by the grand jury,” said U.S. Attorney Don Cochran. “In view of today’s development and Mr. Cummins’ decision to plead guilty, we are pleased that the victim no longer faces the possibility of enduring a lengthy trial. We applaud the efforts of the FBI, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, the Maury County Sheriff’s Department and the many law enforcement agencies across the country that contributed to the search and ultimate rescue of the victim and the arrest of Mr. Cummins. We now look forward to the sentencing of Mr. Cummins and bringing closure to this case.”

David Boling, a public information officer for the US Attorney’s office, said prosecutors are pleased that the plea will spare the victim and her family from going to trial. Cummins will be sentenced Sept. 26 at 2 p.m.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/37888574/former-teacher-tad-cummins-changes-plea-to-guilty

Uno2Much, spike, Kimster and 5 others like this.
  2. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Department of Justice
    U.S. Attorney’s Office
    Middle District of Tennessee

Tad Cummins Pleads Guilty To Transporting A Minor Across State Lines And Obstruction Of Justice

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mdtn/p...or-across-state-lines-and-obstruction-justice

Also, per Pacer;
    *My hope is that the victim comes to realize that the best days of her life are yet to be.

3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Well said

Steve, Uno2Much, Akoya and 5 others like this.
  4. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Tad Cummins, former teacher who ran away with student, sentenced to 20 years in prison
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    By:

• Posted: Jan 15, 2019 06:29 PM CST
    • Updated: Jan 16, 2019 03:26 PM CST
    NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) - Former Maury County teacher Tad Cummins was sentenced to 20 years in prison on Wednesday.

The U.S. Attorney asked the judge to give him 30 years, but Cummins' attorney is asking for 10 years.

The teacher, who ran away with his student Elizabeth Thomas, was the subject of a nationwide Amber Alert in 2017.

More: Elizabeth Thomas says teacher Tad Cummins coerced her into running away with him

Cummins later pleaded guilty to taking a minor across state lines with the intent to have sex.

The two were on the run for 38 days before they were discovered in a cabin in rural northern California.

https://www.wkrn.com/amp/news/tad-c...n-prison/1704647374?__twitter_impression=true

NOCLUE, spike, Steve and 5 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

That's all? :jail:

NOCLUE, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  6. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Per Pacer (Federal Court records)

Count One (Transporting a minor): i. ii, iii.
    not less than 10 years
    nor more than life imprisonment
    a fine of up to $250,000
    a mandatory $100 special assessment
    and a term of supervised release of not less than 5 years and not more than life in addition to such term of imprisonment.

Count Two (Obstruction): i. ii. iii. iv.
    not more than 20 years' imprisonment
    a fine of up to $250,000
    a mandatory $100 special assessment
    and a term of supervised release of three years not more addition to such term of imprisonment.

(TC changed his plea April 5, 2018 to guilty on both charges. Not sure why the sentencing took 9 months to arrange, however 30 years was the highest punishment he could have received.)

NOCLUE, GarAndMo49, Steve and 4 others like this.
  7. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Teacher who fled with student for sex seeks lesser sentence

A Tennessee teacher who was on the run for weeks with a 15-year-old student is appealing his 20-year prison sentence.

An attorney for Tad Cummins filed a notice of appeal on Wednesday, a week after Cummins was sentenced in federal court in Nashville for transporting a minor across state lines for sex and obstructing justice.

NOCLUE, GarAndMo49, spike and 4 others like this.
  8. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

I certainly hope that this doesn’t happen...i personally wish he had received more time! Sick ole geezer!!!!

NOCLUE, GarAndMo49, spike and 3 others like this.
  9. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

They should be able to increase sentences when appealed.

GarAndMo49, spike, NOCLUE and 3 others like this.
  10. Tammy

Tammy Well-Known Member

NOCLUE, kdg411, Cousin Dupree and 4 others like this.
  11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

NOCLUE, kdg411, Tammy and 4 others like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

“I choose to surround myself with people who pick me up, who cherish me, and who truly love me,” Elizabeth wrote in her statement. “Because of that, I’m able to stand here today, face you, and tell you that you don’t have the power over me that you used to have. You can’t hurt me anymore.”

Hell yeah. You go girl!

noZme, spike, NOCLUE and 6 others like this.
  13. NOCLUE

NOCLUE Bronze Member

thank goodness she has come to the realization that this man is a "devil".....:mad:

I hope this realization helps her as she heals from his atrocities! :praying:

noZme, Tammy, spike and 3 others like this.
  14. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Cousin Dupree, noZme and kdg411 like this.