1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

ITALY EMANUELA ORLANDI: Missing from Vatican City, Italy - 22 June 1983 - Age 15

Discussion in 'Europe: Missing & Unidentified' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Sep 18, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Document raises fresh questions over decades-old case of missing girl

[​IMG]

The family of a teenage girl who mysteriously disappeared more than 30 years ago are calling for answers after a document uncovered by an Italian journalist has raised fresh questions about the case.

Journalist Emiliano Fittipaldi claims the document shows how the Vatican spent 500 million lire, the currency used in Italy at the time, keeping Emanuela Orlandi away from the city state between 1983 and 1997.

It lists a series of expenses related to lodging and other costs in London.

The Vatican has strongly denied the authenticity of the document, labelling the claims “false and ridiculous”.

Orlandi was 15 years old when she mysteriously disappeared on June 22, 1983. She was allegedly last seen getting into a large dark-colored BMW following a music lesson.

The unsolved case has gripped Italy and the Vatican City, where Orlandi and her family lived. Various sightings of the missing girl have been reported over the years, along with numerous theories about her disappearance.

“Of course, if it’s authentic the scenario is disturbing… It speaks about Emanuela being alive until at least 1997. In case the document is not authentic, it’s disturbing as well, because what was this document doing in the safe of the prefecture of the Papal Household. Is it false? For sure somebody put it in there on purpose,” she said.

With the release of the document, Sgrò said she was renewing calls for the Vatican’s State Secretary to receive her and the family to discuss the issue.

“We want the truth. We want some explanations. We want to re-open the dossier, we want verifications about the authenticity of this document. there are clues, places and dates, so there are elements to open again a dossier,” she explained.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/09/18/...estions-over-decades-old-case-of-missing-girl

[​IMG]

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...83-from-vatican-city-italy.2706/#comment-2768

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2017
    Scorpio, Kimster and spike like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Girl ‘snatched by Vatican and held in London’

Leaked Vatican documents show that a teenage girl allegedly kidnapped from a Rome street in 1983 was secretly taken by the Vatican to London and held there for years, the girl’s brother has claimed.

Emanuela Orlandi, the daughter of a Vatican employee, went missing aged 15. Her disappearance led to theories that she was snatched by the mafia in an attempt to blackmail the Vatican, or by terrorists seeking the release of Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turk jailed for trying to assassinate John Paul II.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/brother-claims-vatican-took-missing-girl-x69r8rzwt

Scorpio and spike like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'Lured to her death by Vatican cardinal paedophile ring or kidnapped in revenge by Italy mobster?' Enduring mystery of girl, 15, who vanished on way home from flute class after Pope told family, 'She's in heaven'
    October 2015

The mysterious disappearance of the 15-year-old daughter of a Vatican official is Italy's most enduring cold case.

Emanuela Orlandi vanished while on her way home from a flute lesson in July 1983, and was never seen again.

It sparked an international intrigue that has pointed to the Stasi, the Italian mob and even a Satanic sex cult among the cardinals.

The teenager, the fourth of five children in a devoutly Catholic family, was enticed to meet her abductors with the offer of some work distributing leaflets at a fashion show for Avon cosmetics.

In reality, the Avon job did not exist. No one has ever been convicted of her disappearance and no body has ever been found.

The original theory followed by investigators was that she was kidnapped to secure the release of the would-be assassin who tried to kill John Paul II.

But Vatican insiders have claimed that she died under the influence of drugs at a satanic sex party with prelates.

Others insist she was is still alive and living secretly in a convent with the knowledge of the Vatican.

When the newly minted pope met the schoolgirl's mother Maria at a mass in 2013 he shook her hand and said: 'Emanuela is in heaven.'

Her brother Pietro, surprised, told the Pope: 'Until there is proof to the contrary, I live in hope that she's alive. And I hope you will help me find the truth.'

But the Pope repeated: 'She's in heaven.'

Two days later a third caller claimed that he and his gang were the kidnappers and were negotiating with the Vatican for the release of Mehmet Ali Agca, the Turk who attempted to kill the pope in 1981.

There were more than a dozen calls between the kidnappers and the Vatican prime minister, the pope's number two, via a special direct line.

The Vatican has always refused to hand the tapes of those conversations over to the courts or the family.

MUCH MORE: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-flute-class-Pope-tells-family-s-heaven.html

Scorpio and spike like this.
  4. I have read this story somewhere or heard about it from someone" I can't remember which one" I didn't believe it was true until now, it was also if I remember correctly the mother of the little girl worked in the Vatican (Quoting) and also (Quoting) that the mother believed the little girl was buried at the Vatican" it was stated" in the Vatican walls (Quoting)
    My heart goes out to her Mother" the family" I know" and feel" their pain everyday;"

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I had never heard of this case before! It's very sad! :tears:

6. This is from GoAskMee,
    Whoever you are" that posted under my post"
    (Quoting you ) l have never heard of this case before ! It's very sad !
    with a yellow face crying;".
    Will you please Delete It " I find it very cold hearted on your part;" this isn't a case !
    What this is really about !
    A family's pain searching for their loved one who was taken away from them before her time;" this is a pain that you don't which on anyone or want anyone to go through......!

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Patricia... the poster above meant no harm at all. We often refer to missing persons as "missing persons cases". Calling it a case is not disrespectful. All of us here at Crimewatchers understand that there are very real people and real families behind every "case". We want all of the families to find answers about their missing loved ones.

Imamazed, Uno2Much and spike like this.