1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

CA ENRIQUE RIOS & ELIJAH MOORE: Missing from Woodland, CA - Oct 2016 & Nov 2016 - Age 16 & 17 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Jul 20, 2017.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

After Teenage Friends Disappear, Woodland Parents Plead For Their Safe Return

[​IMG] [​IMG]

The search is on for two missing teenage classmates out of Woodland. Enrique Rios, 16, and Elijah Moore, 17, are friends, classmates, and co-workers. They disappeared within weeks of each other.

Each initially was declared a runaway, but Woodland police now classify Elijah’s disappearance as suspicious.

“My biggest fear is that something has happened, someone has lured my son off and Enrique off at different times,” Elijah Moore’s mother Alicia Moore said.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2016...woodland-parents-plead-for-their-safe-return/

FBI video shows one of Yolo County teens who vanished

The FBI has released a video of one of the Yolo County teens who has vanished under suspicious circumstances.

The bureau is offering a reward of up to $10,000 in the search for 17-year-olds Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios. The teens attended Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland until they disappeared 25 days apart.

Woodland Police Chief Dan Bellini said the cases are connected and both are suspicious in nature.

The FBI released a security camera video of Moore at California Check Cashing at 115 Main St. in Woodland. The video shows him entering the business, speaking with a cashier and then leaving with a paper in his hand. To see the video, go to http://sacb.ee/8QaY.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article131957809.html

[​IMG]

Media - http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...from-woodland-ca-19-oct-2016-4-nov-2016.2520/

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    Uno2Much, Akoya and Jay like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Search continues for missing Yolo County teens
    May 25, 2017

For more than six months, two Woodland mothers have waited to hear any news — good or bad — regarding the whereabouts of their teenage sons, Enrique Rios and Elijah Moore.

Rios, a 17-year-old from Esparto, was reported missing by his mother on Oct. 19, 2016. He was last seen at 9 p.m. in his family’s home on Oct. 16, 2016. The next morning, Rios was not at home. The Yolo County Sheriff’s Department initially considered a possible runaway because no information or evidence suggested foul play.

Meanwhile, Moore, a 17 year-old from Woodland, was reported missing by his mother on Nov. 6, 2016. Moore’s mother indicated she had not seen or heard from her son since Nov. 4, 2016.

Moore attended school on Nov. 4, 2016, and later cashed a check at California Check Cashing located at 115 Main St. in Woodland as confirmed by surveillance footage. On the day of his disappearance, Moore was last seen wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt; yellow shirt; khaki pants; and tan work boots. He also carried a green backpack.

Despite the length of time that’s passed, their parents have not given up hope and continue to spread the word about their disappearance, desperate for answers.

The teens were friends and classmates enrolled at Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland, the site of a candlelight vigil held in March — around 40 people sang “Amazing Grace,” lit candles and offered their support both families. Other awareness efforts, such as local fundraisers, social media videos and missing posters, have helped spread the word across the region.

Representatives from the FBI also took part in the vigil. The agency entered the search in February, offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information that leads their return.

Unfortunately, the situation is unchanged months later as the reward is still available and the FBI has not reported any new leads in regards to finding Rios and Moore.

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20170525/NEWS/170529938

Uno2Much, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

ENRIQUE RIOS

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Enrique Rios, a male from Esparto, California, was reported missing by his mother on October 19, 2016. Enrique was last seen at 9 p.m. in his family’s home on October 16, 2016. His disappearance was initially treated as a runaway because no information or evidence suggested foul play.

Enrique Rios and Elijah Moore are friends who both attended Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland, California. They vanished 25 days apart with little evidence to indicate where they went or who, if anyone, they may be with.

This case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Yolo County Sheriff’s Department.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the return of Enrique Rios.

FBI - https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/enrique-rios

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1279730/1/screen

Uno2Much, Akoya and spike like this.
  4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

ELIJAH MOORE

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Elijah Moore, a male from Woodland, California, was reported missing by his mother on Monday, November 6, 2016. She had not seen or heard from her son since Friday, November 4, 2016. On that date, Elijah attended school and later cashed a check at California Check Cashing located at 115 Main Street in Woodland, where he was last seen.

Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios are friends who both attended Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland, California. They vanished 25 days apart with little evidence to indicate where they went or who, if anyone, they may be with.

This case is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Woodland Police Department.

On the day of his disappearance, Moore was last seen wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt; a yellow shirt; khaki pants; and tan work boots. He also carried a green backpack.

The FBI is offering a reward of up to $5,000 for information leading to the return of Elijah Moore.

FBI - https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/elijah-moore

NCMEC - http://www.missingkids.org/poster/NCMC/1281026/1/screen

Uno2Much, Akoya, spike and 1 other person like this.
  5. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Yolo Co. mothers: Don't forget our missing sons

Two heartbroken mothers are asking you not to forget about their sons.

ABC10 has told you about Yolo County teens Enrique Rios and Elijah Moore. They vanished about nine months ago, within three weeks of each other.

On Friday night, family and supporters held a vigil and passed out fliers in the small Yolo County community of Knights Landing.

Moore's mother Alicia Moore said her son's cell phone last pinged there, around the time he disappeared.

Both mothers - Moore and Lola Rios - say their sons are not runaways and that it's a struggle to keep the search for them in the public eye.

"To me, my son's important, and I'm trying to do as much as I can to put his name out there," Rios said. "A lot of people have said that maybe it's because their boys, because one's Hispanic and one's black. To me, I just continue to share his story."

http://www.abc10.com/news/local/yolo-co-mothers-dont-forget-our-missing-sons/460386261

Akoya and spike like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Great podcast on these two boys. Lots of insight.

EPISODE 54: ENRIQUE RIOS AND ELIJAH MOORE

http://www.thevanishedpodcast.com/episodes/2016/11/12/episode-54-enrique-and-elijah

There is actually a third person missing from the same school program. He's an adult, but went to the same program as Enrique and Elijah. (There was a student program and adult program, but they were held at the same place.)

The second part of the episode gets into that. It's a shorter episode. Take a listen if you have time.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

A year later, their sons still missing, two Yolo moms wait for answers

Their faces stare out from the FBI’s website and from handbills taped to windows and lampposts across Woodland.

A year after they disappeared, Enrique Rios and classmate Elijah Moore of Woodland remain missing, frustrating their anguished families and the investigators who continue to work to find the missing teens.

“They say it’s an ongoing investigation. They don’t tell me (what is happening). That’s really hard,” said Lola Rios Gutierrez, Enrique’s mother. The reaction from Elijah Moore’s mother, Alicia Moore, is more raw. Moore is angry, frustrated, so much so that Moore said she is planning to move from Woodland.

“They don’t have any new leads and I’m just livid about it,” Moore said Wednesday. “They don’t want to let me know too much because they say they don’t want to jeopardize the case. I get that, but I just want justice so I can sleep at night. I feel like this town has my son. I don’t want to leave him here.”

Somebody knows where they are, Gina Swankie, spokeswoman for the FBI’s local field office, said this time last year. On Wednesday, agents here said finding the teens remains an active case, but acknowledged the frustration of families who have waited too long for any sign of their loved ones, calling the case “heartbreaking.”

“There are no unaddressed leads in this case. I understand their frustration. Everyone on the team is acting as parents,” said Robert Tripp, supervisory special agent at the FBI’s Sacramento field office. “Their concern is the first and last thing we think about in this case. We’d all like to have an answer.”

For a year, federal agents have worked alongside Woodland police and Yolo County Sheriff’s detectives to ferret out leads. Tripp said the joint team has been recreating the time immediately before Rios and Moore disappeared.

“We do believe there’s an answer,” Tripp said. Investigators, he said, are working under the assumption that leads to one of the young men will lead to the other.

“They did know each other,” he said. If their hunches and information pan out, “it’s a more efficient use of resources,” Tripp said.

But neither their combined efforts, nor a $10,000 reward, candlelight vigils or the many leads sent investigators’ way, have managed to bring Rios and Moore home.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article180199386.html

8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

One year, no answers on whereabouts of missing Yolo County youth

It has been one year since Yolo County teenager Enrique Rios went missing. A year of tears, a year of doubts, a year of questions and little in the way of answers on his whereabouts.

“It seems like nobody wants to talk,” Enrique’s mother, Lola Rios Gutierrez said while surrounded by friends and family at a vigil event earlier this week.

“The FBI and local law enforcement continue to receive information from the public and investigate the disappearances in an effort to locate Enrique and Elijah and apprehend the individual or individuals responsible for their disappearances,” Ferensic told The Democrat, later clarifying that although the cases may be linked, they are being treated separately by the agency. “The case remains active and ongoing so we are unable to provide specific details about the investigation at this time. I can say that the families of these two boys are always on our minds and we will not give up. The families are counting on law enforcement to answer the many questions they have.”

“Since both boys’ disappearance the Woodland Police Department, Yolo County Sheriff’s Department, and the FBI have worked tirelessly to uncover what may have occurred to them,” Sgt. Dallas Hyde stated. “We have interviewed dozens and dozens of people, served numerous search warrants, and seized many items of potential evidence that are still being analyzed by the FBI... Investigators are confident that someone in the public has more information that will lead to more evidence in this case.”

“Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios,” Hyde added. The law enforcement agencies “will continue to do all that we can to solve these cases and provide the Moore and Rios’s families with the much needed answers they deserve.”

http://www.dailydemocrat.com/article/NI/20171021/NEWS/171029975

[​IMG]

9. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I'd be questioning all co-workers, students & school employees . I'm sorry, but I don't think they these two willingly left together in any way shape or form.

DaisyChains, Uno2Much, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI Offers $5,000 For Information on Woodland Youth Who Went Missing One Year Ago

The Sacramento office of the Federal Bureau of Investigations has announced that a $5,000 reward is being offered in hopes of determining the whereabouts of a missing Woodland, California teenager.

On November 4, 2016, Elijah Moore, 16, was last seen by his mother. Two days later Moore’s mother reported he was missing to Woodland Police.

On the day his mother last saw him, Moore attended school and later was seen cashing a check at California Check Cashing at 115 Main St., Woodland. Moore was last seen wearing a black, hooded sweatshirt; a yellow shirt; khaki pants; and tan work boots and also carried a green backpack.

A friend of Moore’s, Enrique Rios, 16, of Esparto, California a fellow student at Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland, was last seen weeks earlier on October 16, 2016. Since their respective disappearances, neither have been seen with little evidence to indicate where they went or who, if anyone, they may be with.

The cases are being investigated by the Woodland Police Department and the Sacramento FBI office. If you have any information concerning this case, please contact the FBI's Toll-Free Tipline at 1-800-CALL-FBI (1-800-225-5324), your local FBI office, or the nearest American Embassy or Consulate. Tips may be offered anonymously.

http://www.elkgrovenews.net/2017/11/fbi-offers-5000-for-information-on.html

spike, Uno2Much and Akoya like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Missing son’s 18th birthday marked with cake and mother’s plea for information

Lola Rios Gutierrez and her family celebrated a birthday Tuesday complete with birthday cake, but the birthday boy wasn’t there to blow out the candles.

Rios Gutierrez’s son, Enrique Rios, who turned 18 on Jan. 2, has been missing for more than a year. The teen’s disappearance, along with that of Elijah Moore, a friend and fellow student at Cesar Chavez Community School in Woodland, in the fall of 2016 is the subject of an ongoing investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Woodland Police Department.

“It’s looking like investigators don’t have any more leads to be able to arrest people,” Rios Gutierrez said Tuesday.

Although authorities have told her they believe their investigation is headed in the right direction, she said, they need someone to come forward with conclusive evidence or information.

FBI officials have said that investigators are working under the assumption that leads to one of the young men will lead to the other.

“We keep hoping that he can come home soon, or we can find answers to what happened to him,” Rios Gutierrez said Tuesday.

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article192673839.html

spike and Akoya like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Three men arrested on suspicion of murder in Woodland missing person cases

Three men have been arrested on suspicion of conspiracy, kidnapping and murder in relation to the 2016 missing person cases of Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios, the Yolo County Sheriff's Office said Sunday.

Two of the men were arrested Friday and the other Saturday, all near Woodland, Sgt. Gary Hallenbeck said. The men were booked into Monroe Detention Center, the county's main jail, Hallenbeck said.

He could not provide further details, but said the men were arrested on a sealed warrant "stemming from this investigation between both kids."

Hallenbeck expects the sheriff's office to release more information Monday.

http://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/article212928509.html

spike, DaisyChains, Uno2Much and 3 others like this.
  13. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

I dont know if I believe in hell, but these 3 people make me want to believe in it.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and spike like this.
  14. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Murder charges filed in case of missing Yolo County teens

Four men are facing murder charges in the missing persons case of Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios, two local teens who disappeared in 2016, the Yolo County Sheriff's Office announced Monday.

Three of the men were arrested and booked into jail late last week, while a fourth suspect in the case was already in state prison for a separate matter, said Sgt. Matthew Davis, a Sheriff's office spokesman.

The three eldest in the group were named in a charging document filed by the Yolo County District Attorney's Office on Monday, with counts ranging from murder to kidnapping.

The youngest man arrested, who was underage at the time of the alleged killings, was scheduled to be arraigned in juvenile court on Monday. He was named in a separate charging document filed in that court.

While authorities remained vague about the evidence against the suspects in the case, citing an ongoing investigation, Lt. Aaron Delao did say police interviewed them on several occasions in connection to the case.

"They were persons of interest," Delao said. "At one point, obviously, they became official suspects."

http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/crime/article212988289.html

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Grieving Mother Speaks Out as Investigators Search for Son’s Remains

Alicia Moore says she has endured nonstop grief since her son Elijah went missing in the fall of 2016.

"A sinking type of pain," she said.

This weekend, Moore got a call that brought bittersweet relief.

"I felt like there was some cinder blocks lifted off my shoulders with them off the street," Moore told FOX40.

Four people were arrested in connection to the disappearance of Elijah and his friend Enrique Rios, who went missing three weeks prior.

Moore says she learned the alleged murders of her son and his friend may have stemmed from a fight over marijuana.

"He took some marijuana but that still doesn't warrant his death. I don't care how much marijuana it would have been, it still doesn't warrant his death," she said. "So it wasn't about the marijuana, it was because their feelings were hurt and they wanted revenge and they were just some sick people."

For Moore, the arrests provide some of the answers she has been desperately seeking but she is still devastated.

"My son didn't deserve that and Enrique did not deserve that," she told FOX40.

Investigators from Yolo County, Woodland and the FBI have been working together on the case, and have not ruled out the possibility that there could be more involved.

http://fox40.com/2018/06/11/grieving-mother-speaks-out-after-arrests-in-sons-disappearance/

spike and Uno2Much like this.
  16. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Three Suspects In Woodland Teen Boys Murders Plead Not Guilty

Three suspects accused in the Woodland murders of two teenage boys entered a not guilty plea in court Friday afternoon.

“They’re just some silly rabbits they are so guilty. We all know that,” said Elijah Moore’s mom.

But an attorney for the suspects accused of killing 17-year-old son Elijah Moore, and his high school friend, Enrique Rios, told CBS13 his clients are not guilty.

21-year-old Chandale Shannon of Winters, 21-year-old Jonathan Froste and his brother David Froste of Knights Landing, faced a judge in Yolo County Court.

The suspects are charged with kidnapping and murdering Rios from his home in Esparto. Detectives say Moore was taken from an undisclosed location in Downtown Woodland.

For the mother of Elijah Moore, it’s been nearly two grueling years, waiting and wondering.

“They are not gonna get away with this at all,” she told us outside court Friday.

The suspects’ family members were also in court, but declined to speak with CBS13. The suspects’ attorneys claim they still haven’t reviewed the evidence against their clients. And the District Attorney in the case, wouldn’t divulge what led detectives to the suspects.

For now, the three suspects are set to return to court July 6 for a preliminary hearing. That’s when the court will hear evidence in the case, and decide whether it’ll go to trial.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2018/06/22/woodland-murders-plead-not-guilty/

Uno2Much and spike like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Details of revenge for drug deal emerge in missing Yolo County teens’ murder case

Revelations of revenge over a drug deal connected to the 2016 disappearance of two Woodland teenagers came to light Wednesday on the first day of the preliminary hearing for the three men charged in their murder.

Defendants David Froste, 27; Jonathan Froste, 21; and Chandale Shannon, 21, appeared in Yolo County’s Superior Court Wednesday afternoon. All three, as well as Jesus Campos, 18, who has been arraigned in juvenile court, have pleaded not guilty to multiple charges in the deaths of Elijah Moore and Enrique Rios.

According to Amoruso’s testimony, Shannon declared himself a witness to the murders in a June in-prison interview with the Davis Enterprise. Shannon has said that Moore pulled a gun on Shannon and the elder Froste during a drug deal and stole three ounces of marijuana. As payback, Froste contacted Rios, an acquaintance of Moore’s, and convinced Rios to drive with Froste, Shannon and Campos to a riverbank near Knights Landing, Shannon said.

There, Froste threatened Rios, who had not been involved in the initial drug deal, with a handgun, demanding him to contact Moore. Rios refused, Shannon said, but offered to reimburse Froste for the weed. Froste then forced Rios to walk to the water’s edge, take off his clothes and get in the water. Froste then fired several rounds in Rios’ direction, Shannon said at the time.

While Froste was reloading after the initial shots, Rios allegedly told Froste to “just end it,” according to Shannon. Then Froste shot at Rios, killing him, Shannon said.

Shannon told the Enterprise he wasn’t present for Moore’s slaying. Froste told Shannon about it later, and said that he threatened Moore with scissors, drove him to an unspecified location, hurt him, drove him to another location described as “the cuts,” and killed him.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article214655375.html

18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

September trial set in missing-teens homicide case

A double-homicide case involving the disappearances of two Yolo County teens will go to trial starting Sept. 24.

David Froste, 27; his brother Jonathan “Jay” Froste, 21; and Chandale Shannon Jr., 21; face charges including murder, kidnapping and accessory to a felony in connection with the presumed deaths of Enrique Rios and Elijah Moore, who vanished within several weeks of one another in the fall of 2016.

Although the teens’ bodies have yet to be found, Rosenberg found sufficient evidence for the case to proceed to trial following a three-day preliminary hearing earlier this month that included testimony regarding witness statements, GPS tracking data and incriminating statements from the defendants themselves.

Their bodies reportedly were burned and buried in a rural field, according to testimony.

https://www.davisenterprise.com/local-news/september-trial-set-in-missing-teens-homicide-case/

David Froste, 27
    [​IMG]

Jonathan Froste, 21
    [​IMG]

Chandale Shannon, 21
    [​IMG]

19. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

DA: No death penalty sought for now in missing teens’ case

At this point, Yolo County prosecutors do not plan to seek the death penalty in the double-homicide case involving two missing teens, Enrique Rios and Elijah Moore, both presumed dead after vanishing nearly two years ago.

“I can tell the court that based on the two conversations the I’ve had, the decision has been ‘no’ thus far,” Deputy District Attorney Jay Linden told Yolo Superior Court Judge David Rosenberg during a Monday afternoon status conference for defendants David Froste, Jonathan Froste and Chandale Shannon Jr.

Rosenberg asked to know one way or another by this Friday’s scheduled settlement conference in the case, “because if you do decide to go that route, it does change the complexion of the case.”

https://www.davisenterprise.com/loc...enalty-planned-for-now-in-missing-teens-case/

Uno2Much and kdg411 like this.
  20. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

'She wants to live long enough to put her son at peace' | Mother hopes to find murdered son's body

A few months before Lola Gutierrez learned the names of her son's alleged killers, she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

"She wants to live long enough to put her son at peace, at rest," Rebecca Macias, a close friend of Gutierrez, said.

Macias also runs two Facebook groups, one public and one private, both memorialize Gutierrez's son, Enrique Rios, along with his friend Elijah Moore, who went missing around the same time in 2016.

Macias is from the Yolo County community and was volunteering with the search efforts.

"It's unfortunate that we bonded over her son being missing," Macias said. "Now we know he's been killed. Even though the alleged murders are behind bars, the family still needs supports."

For Gutierrez, it has been a tough emotional and physical battle.

"We're just begging the [suspects] families," Macias said. "If you don't know, ask your sons...as a last [gift] please tell [Gutierrez] and [Moore's mother] where those boys are."

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/...opes-to-find-murdered-sons-body/103-586426390

Uno2Much likes this.