1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

MI ERIC LEE FRANKS: Missing from Saginaw, MI - 21 March 2011 - Age 38

Discussion in 'Missing 2010 to 2014' started by Imamazed, May 28, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Akoya, Advocate and TripleA like this.
  2. Advocate

Advocate Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

You have to remember that they're trying to fit 6 years in one hour. It drove me nuts they said his car was tan; it was taupe which is darker then tan. People watching it may draw a blank there. I'm very annoyed they didn't mention the FB page once. Jo Ann has done a lot on it to get Eric's story out there. They did show the name of the page on the banner. Toward the end they show clips from Missing In Michigan; a blond lady hugs Jo Ann; that's Cathy, Alexis/ Aundria Bowman's mom. It made my night seeing she made the show. Dateline has been filming Jo Ann for the last few years, that's where they got the footage from.

Over all the show was decent, even with the errors. Its obvious what happened to Eric and why John and Kendra moved the kids to FL. In the show its pretty much after Jo Ann reports him missing, cops question them, then they were gone. They mentioned Emily and Kendra fighting cancer; Kendra passed away. They mentioned Jo Ann and her sister going to FL to meet with Emily (Eric's daughter).

It was said Eric was moving out of Millers Motel; what wasn't said was that Eric was moving in with Kendra; was working on their place. I don't know why they did it like that.

Kimster and TripleA like this.
  3. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Was the place that Eric and Kendra were working on checked forensically?

Kimster likes this.
  4. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

I know this case vaguely. I'm watching the episode of disappeared now

Akoya and Kimster like this.
  5. Takeitfromme

This is awful. Such a super handsome guy. All he wanted was his daughter. Yes. His girlfriend too but a relationship with his daughter mostly. This is so sad and frustrating. John is my number one suspect in this. I do not believe Eric is still alive I believe John harmed him out of jealousy and frustration as well as rage.

Akoya, Advocate and Kimster like this.
  6. Kimster

The pics his mom posts on Facebook are really sad to see. :( She loves her son SO much. Because of a self-serving act, this family has lost so much.

Akoya, Advocate and Takeitfromme like this.
  7. Takeitfromme

It just isn't fair. He did not deserve this. No one just vanishes, people make other people vanish.

Akoya, Advocate and Kimster like this.
  8. Kimster

Yes, it was mentioned on the show.

I just watched this episode. I started tearing up immediately, having followed his mom's quest for so many years. I didn't realize Emily was as old as she was when he found out about her. Did Eric really figure it out ahead of time, or did Kendra reach out to him about it? I'm just curious as to whether Kendra lured him to Michigan with the hope of getting some of the inheritance money. I'm just not sure how much of the story was a con from the beginning.

9. Kimster

I wonder if Emily is afraid of him, or if John really is his father. What if Kendra had relations with John while still with Eric? Just things I wonder because, as I just wrote in my last post, I have to wonder if this wasn't a con for a long, long time.

Akoya, Advocate and Takeitfromme like this.
  10. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I must have missed that because I missed completely that the new place he was moving into was for him and Kendra together. Was there any mention of "why" his daughter will not communicate with Eric's family? Were Kendra and John having financial trouble?

Advocate, Takeitfromme and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

They didn't say they were having financial trouble, no. And no clue as to why Emily wouldn't meet with her grandmother, other than speculation that someone got in the middle of the idea.

Akoya, spike, Advocate and 2 others like this.
  12. Advocate

No, the inside has not been searched. The outside was supposedly searched by a SAR dog

Yes she does, just like she had birthed him.

I think you've followed as long as I have.
    Eric is the one that noticed Emily's age and that she may be his. Eric did not need a paternity test, he told Jo Ann and Leah that she was a girl version of him, not only looks but mannerisms too; just like my dad and I. I've seen pics of her, she looks just like him.

They did not say a lot on the show because there is no proof other then the motel owner and his mother saying stuff. Kendra and Eric spent a lot of time together in those months he was there. He had a relationship with Kendra; my opinion is that John freaked out, didn't want Eric taking everything away. John had raised Emily since day 1, plus he raised his own daughter with Kendra; imagine if she and Eric got together.

I watched it again yesterday, I think he was killed between the time he gave the motel owner the money and Kendra cleaning the room out.

The daughter was a minor when Kendra was alive. His mom thinks it was Kendra replying via text that she couldn't talk to her.

You have to remember that John raised her. He's the only father she's ever known

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Fresh eyes looking at new leads in 7-year Eric Franks missing persons case

Eric Franks vanished from the Saginaw area 7 years ago along with his car, but investigators are still missing key pieces of information to break open the case.

Franks was 38 years old when he disappeared in 2011. His car vanished too.

"Most likely it's gone," said Michigan State Police investigator Hilary House. "It was scrapped, it was cut into pieces."

Franks' disappearance is being investigated as a murder. Three law enforcement agencies in the Saginaw area and another agency from Florida are actively working the case.

"All of our contacts are down there, our resources," House said. "Anyone that knew the last whereabouts of Eric, they are in Florida."

Kendra Firmingham died in Florida in 2016. She had a child with Franks. Firmingham's husband, who has been questioned in Florida, has given investigators names of two men who knew Firmingham.

"After she passed away we have learned of those names of people he was familiar with that she used to stay in contact with," House said.

She is attempting to track down those two men. She believes both live in Michigan.

Additionally, House believes a vehicle that drove away from Miller's Motel in Bridgeport with Franks' belongings was a specific color and authorities believed Firmingham was driving that vehicle.

"There is a possibility that a red car may be involved at this point too that we were unaware of before," House said.

She has some additional help with the investigation. Samiejo Taylor is an intern with the Michigan State Police who is reviewing recorded interviews and three binders of information

"She's a fresh new eyes," House said. "She loves it, she's into it."

There are theories and even strong possibilities as to what happened to Franks, but seven years later police are still looking for that one person to step forward who knows what happened to Franks.

"I'm determined, but its a tough one," House said. "There is no body and there is no vehicle and everyone has moved."

http://www.abc12.com/content/news/F...ic-Franks-missing-persons-case-477569933.html

spike, Kimster, Akoya and 2 others like this.
  14. Advocate

Thanks for posting it .My grandson has been sick, I saw the link the other night, gave it to his mom, she posted it but it didn't paste in right, I ended up posting the article for her,haven't had a chance to do anything else.

Sounds like John is trying to pin it on Kendra and 2 guys.

15. Kimster

New clues, eh? Maybe this will bring new tips! Or, it could show that other people's stories have changed.

16. Advocate

Sounds like John threw it on Kendra who can't tell her side now .

17. Advocate

Hugs to Eric's mom; I know it's especially difficult when remains are found and they do not rule Eric out quickly. Thankfully Eric was ruled out. Links are in bold

Human remains found in remote wooded area of Saginaw County
    By Terry Camp | Posted: Mon 12:24 PM, Sep 10, 2018 |Updated: Mon 6:55 PM, Sep 10, 2018
    Police turning to advanced techniques to identify Saginaw County remains By Terry Camp | Posted: Tue 6:33 PM, Sep 11, 2018 | Updated: Tue 6:36 PM, Sep 11, 2018

"The clothing is from 2013, to newer, to now," he said. "It's covered in moss. Coloring is kind of hard for us to tell at this point."

Kimster likes this.