1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Ethan Couch - "Affluenza Teen" *SENTENCED*

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I hate this little snot.

spike, daisy7, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

You're not alone MadgeS.

spike, Cousin Dupree and MadgeS like this.
  3. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

He is repulsive...I feel badly for his victims family members. :(

4. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

From the article:

...The so-called ‘affluenza’ teen has been in solitary confinement in Fort Worth since being transferred to adult jail in February. Officials said that the isolation was for his own protection. He turned 19 years old in April and was told that he would remain behind bars for almost two years. The judge upheld that decision last week...

I'm glad he's out of solitary. Now he can mix with general population of prison. It doesn't sound like this is a country club prison either. JMO

spike, guess who, noZme and 4 others like this.
  5. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

bbm
    I had the same thought. :grin:

spike, noZme, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I hope he's having a nice day! :jail:

7. Cousin Dupree

[​IMG]

spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

Mom of 'Affluenza' Teen Ethan Couch Indicted for Helping Son Escape to Mexico

The mother of the Texas teenager who infamously invoked an "affluenza" defense while on trial for a fatal drunken-driving crash was indicted Thursday for helping her son escape to Mexico.

Tonya Couch, who is charged with hindering apprehension and money laundering, was indicted by a Tarrant County grand jury, NBC News has confirmed.

[​IMG]
    Tonya Couch, front right, heads to the defense table before her bond reduction hearing on Jan. 11, 2016, in court in Fort Worth, Texas. David Kent / Star-Telegram via AP, pool
    Couch, according to police, withdrew $30,000 from a bank account and then fled across the border with her then 18-year-old son Ethan in December.

The pair was nabbed just before New Year's Day in Puerto Vallarta, where they had tried to blend in with the many Americans celebrating the holiday season in the coastal resort city.

Couch was brought back to the United States in January and released from the Tarrant County Jail after posting a $75,000 bond. She remains under electronic surveillance and has to submit to weekly check-ins and undergo regular drug testing.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ch-indicted-helping-son-escape-mexico-n580961

spike, Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  9. Cousin Dupree

spike, walkie-talkie and Paradise like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Court hearing Monday for Tonya Couch

TARRANT COUNTY -- Tonya Couch is expected to be in court Monday for her first hearing since being indicted by a Tarrant County grand jury.

Couch is the mother of "affluenza" teen Ethan Couch. She has been indicted on two charges -- hindering apprehension for helping her son flee to Mexico, and money laundering for allegedly using $30,000 to finance the trip.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/court-hearing-monday-for-tonya-couch/250274018

spike, fran, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cousin Dupree

Send her to Alcatraz!!!

spike, Paradise and walkie-talkie like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

Jennifer Lindgren Verified account ‏@JLindgrenCBS11 26m26 minutes ago
    Quick hearing. Attorney for #TonyaCouch tells us more investigation is needed before trial.

Monica Hernandez ‏@MHernandezWFAA 26m26 minutes ago
    #UPDATE: The hearing will be rescheduled. Tonya #Couch defense Atty says more time needed for investigation.

Alice Barr ‏@AliceBarrNBC5 16m16 minutes ago
    #TonyaCouch hindering apprehension hearing reset to allow for more investigation. Attorney won't say why.

Monica Hernandez ‏@MHernandezWFAA 25m25 minutes ago
    #UPDATE: Tonya #Couch defense Atty says her curfew conditions have been eased up so she can look for a job.

spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

FORT WORTH, Texas - The mother of affluenza teen Ethan Couch appeared in a Fort Worth courtroom Monday morning.

The hearing was brief because both Tonya Couch’s defense attorneys and prosecutors agreed they needed more time to investigate the case.

The judge did agree to slightly relax her bond conditions and adjust her curfew so she can look for a job. She'll continue to wear hear ankle monitor, though.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/162996900-story

14. walkie-talkie

Mom of 'affluenza teen' now works as a bartender

AZLE — Tonya Couch’s life has been wrapped up around decisions and the effects of alcohol for the last three years.

Now, the mother of “affluenza teen” Ethan Couch has a new job as a bartender at the Honky Tonk Woman in Azle.

Both the owner of the bar and Tonya Couch’s attorney confirmed to News 8 that she works there.

Bar owner Darrell Collins said she has been working there for about two months.

He said he doesn’t like what Tonya did but hired her because she had trouble getting a job elsewhere, and believes everyone deserves a second chance.

http://www.11alive.com/news/nation-now/mom-of-affluenza-teen-now-works-as-a-bartender/306910344

spike, noZme, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.
  15. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

:facepalm:

And she probably draws in customers. Just sayin'.

spike, Cousin Dupree, daisy7 and 3 others like this.
  16. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

At least she HAS a job! Now maybe she can see what kind of life most of us have and appreciate a buck instead of demanding hundreds.

spike, noZme, Cousin Dupree and 3 others like this.
  17. Cousin Dupree

:clap:

spike, walkie-talkie and noZme like this.
  18. walkie-talkie

Attorneys for 'affluenza teen' file motion for release

DALLAS (KTVT/CNN) - Attorneys for "affluenza teen" Ethan Couch have filed new motions asking a judge to release him from jail.

Couch gained international attention after he was sentenced to probation for the drunken driving wreck that killed 4 people in 2013. He has been in jail since he was captured in Mexico with his mom.

Couch's lawyers argue he should be released. Fort Worth attorney Trent Loftin, who is not associated with the case, said Wednesday that the latest motion proves how unprecedented the case continues to be.

Loftin explained the motion filed by Couch's lawyers, Scott Brown and Reagan Wynn, essentially boiled down to two arguments. The first - that Couch's case should have never gone to a criminal adult court because it was a originally a juvenile case, and therefore the jail time ordered by that judge should be thrown out.

"I think it's a shot in the dark or a long shot to get the whole thing thrown out," Loftin said.

The second point may be more viable. Couch's lawyers said their client should be tried on one count for drunken driving, instead of one count for each victim.

"They might have some merit on it," Loftin said. "It might be to where Mr. Couch can only be tried under the one cause number, rather than all the different counts they have in each cause number."

That would be the difference in Couch facing up to one 20-year sentence and as many as 80 years in prison if the four charges wind up in a conviction.

Loftin also explained that Judge Wayne Salvant isn't likely to budge on any of this.

http://ht.ly/NyV8303NnFI

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  19. walkie-talkie

Couch Wants State to Pay Attorneys

FORT WORTH (WBAP/KLIF News) – The mother of the privileged teen, who killed four people in a drunken driving crash, could appear in a Tarrant County courtroom on Monday morning.

Tonya Couch is facing charges of hindering apprehension and money laundering related to traveling with her son, Ethan, to Mexico last year. Ethan Couch received probation for the deadly crash in 2013. He is currently behind bars for violating his probation.

Two motions have been filed in Tonya Couch’s case. She is looking to have the state pay her attorneys on the account that she’s now broke. The state also wants to take a look at her bond arrangements due to her recent employment at a bar in Azle.

http://www.wbap.com/2016/09/19/couch-wants-state-to-pay-attorneys/#.V-FARJtVYFE.twitter

20. Cousin Dupree

:thud:

walkie-talkie, spike and noZme like this.