1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Explosion Reported in Chelsea Area of Manhattan, NY

Discussion in 'Terrorist Attacks' started by walkie-talkie, Sep 17, 2016.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 10m10 minutes ago
    .@BilldeBlasio: A 2nd site as we speak is being treated by the NYPD. 27th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues.

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 9m9 minutes ago
    NYPD Commissioner: "No evidence to indicate that this explosion is the result of any natural gas cause."

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 9m9 minutes ago
    .@BilldeBlasio: "We believe it was intentional. A full investigation is underway."

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 8m8 minutes ago
    .@nypdoneill: "We do have video... and we're going to use that to help in our investigation."

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 8m8 minutes ago
    BREAKING: New York blast caused 29 injuries, none of them life-threatening: New York fire commissioner

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 8m8 minutes ago
    .@nypdoneill: 29 injuries have been reported, 1 serious.

Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

3. walkie-talkie

4. walkie-talkie

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Second device found...

Cousin Dupree and walkie-talkie like this.
  6. walkie-talkie

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  7. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/lo...ood-of-manhattan/ar-BBwi5Nz?OCID=ansmsnnews11

New York City shaken by 'intentional' explosion, 29 injured
    [​IMG]
    Reuters

By Simon Webb and David Ingram 23 mins ago

NEW YORK, Sept 18 (Reuters) - An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.

Mayor Bill de Blasio and other city officials said investigators had ruled out a natural gas leak as the origin of the blast but they stopped short of calling it a bombing and declined to specify precisely what they believed may have triggered the explosion.

"Early indications are that this was an intentional act," de Blasio said. He added that the site of the explosion, outside on a major thoroughfare in one of the most bustling areas of New York City, was being treated as a crime scene.

"There is no evidence at this point of a terror connection," the mayor said at a news conference about three hours after the blast. He added, "There is no specific and credible threat against New York City at this point in time from any terror organization."...

spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

9. Cousin Dupree

spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

11. walkie-talkie

fran, spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  12. Cousin Dupree

CNN has had that picture up for awhile. I went looking for that picture and couldn't find it. However, I did discover that information on how to build it is plentiful on the internet!

walkie-talkie and spike like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

:crazy:

spike, Cousin Dupree and fran like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

Investigation underway into NYC explosion that injured 29

NEW YORK (AP) — An explosion rocked a crowded Manhattan neighborhood and injured 29 people, and a suspicious device discovered blocks away was safely removed early Sunday. Mayor Bill de Blasio ruled out any terror connections but called the blast an "intentional act."

"Tonight, New York City experienced a very bad incident," de Blasio said. "We have no credible and specific threat at this moment."
    -----
    It was unclear who was behind the blast and what motivated it.

A law enforcement official told The Associated Press that a second device that officers investigated four blocks from the scene appeared to be a pressure cooker attached to wiring and a cellphone. The official, who was not authorized to speak about an ongoing investigation and spoke on condition of anonymity, said the device was found inside a plastic bag on West 27th Street. The device was removed with a robot and taken to a department firing range in the Bronx.

The law enforcement official also said that the explosion that rocked a bustling Chelsea neighborhood appeared to have come from a construction toolbox in front of a building. Photos from the scene show a twisted and crumpled black metal box.

The blast happened on West 23rd Street, in front of a residence for the blind, near a major thoroughfare with many restaurants and a Trader Joe's supermarket. Witnesses said the explosion at about 8:30 p.m. blew out the windows of businesses and scattered debris.

The Fire Department of New York said 29 people were injured, and 24 people were taken to hospitals. One person received a puncture wound that was considered serious. The other injuries were described as scrapes and bruises.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/01e4...manhattan-explosion-suspicious-package-probed

15. walkie-talkie

Reuters Top News ‏@Reuters 46m46 minutes ago
    BREAKING: New York Governor Cuomo says still no indication that New York City blast linked to international terrorism

David Mack ‏@davidmackau 47m47 minutes ago
    1,000 extra NYPD officers & National Guard to police bus terminals, subways, & airports "to err on the side of caution" — @NYGovCuomo

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 45m45 minutes ago
    .@NYGovCuomo: At this time, there is no evidence of international terrorism, but it's very early in the investigation.

WSB-TV ‏@wsbtv 44m44 minutes ago
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo says no link at this time to international terrorism, but bomb was clearly an act of terror.

11Alive News ‏@11AliveNews 46m46 minutes ago
    Explosive devices have been recovered and sent to Quantico for inspection.

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 43m43 minutes ago
    .@NYGovCuomo: The bombs that were in New Jersey appear to be different than the ones that were in Manhattan.

16. walkie-talkie

17. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This may not be an act of international terrorism, but they ARE taking credit for it.
    I personally believe it most likely will end up being an ISIS sympathizer.

JMHO
    fran

ISIS Supporters Rush To Celebrate NYC Explosion

"We cause you pain inside your house," one ISIS supporter bragged online

Supporters of the Islamic State rushed to celebrate Saturday night’s powerful explosion in New York’s Chelsea neighborhood that injured at least 29 people, even as no group or individual has been arrested or claimed responsibility.

“The lions of the Caliphate roar in New York, we cause you pain inside your house, the carrier of the Cross,” wrote one Twitter user who went by the name “I am ISIS, come and block me.” The account was soon suspended. Another, called “The Lone Wolves,” tweeted with the Arabic hashtag #ExplosionManhattanNewYork “Oh God burn America, take revenge in the name of your oppressed slaves and believers’ blood.”

Others tweeted about “good tidings that keep coming” from New York, and one user affiliated with al-Qaeda in Syria tweeted: “Oh God go against America, the head of infidels. Oh God, count them and kill them one by one, and do not spare anyone of them.”

read more .... http://www.vocativ.com/360127/isis-supporters-rush-to-celebrate-nyc-explosion/

18. walkie-talkie

David Mack ‏@davidmackau 5m5 minutes ago
    NYPD Commissioner: "We did find some components indicative of an IED"

Reuters Live ‏@ReutersLive 4m4 minutes ago
    LIVE: NYPD police commissioner says in process of investigation to determine 'who did this and why they did this'

Fox News ‏@FoxNews 3m3 minutes ago
    .@BilldeBlasio: "We know there was a bombing...but we have a lot more work to do to be able to say what kind of motivation was behind this."

Reuters Live ‏@ReutersLive 4m4 minutes ago
    LIVE: FBI assistant director says evidence collection will continue for four to five more hours at blast site

Reuters Live ‏@ReutersLive 56s56 seconds ago
    LIVE: NYPD chief says NYC will have increased police presence after explosion

19. walkie-talkie

‘There will be more’: Chilling 911 call after the Chelsea explosion

A 911 caller warned of further explosions right after the blast that rocked Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood and injured 29 people, The Post has learned.

“I’m looking at the explosion down the block. There will be more,” the unidentified male said, claiming to be standing at 23rd Street and Seventh Avenue in the aftermath of the terrifying incident, according to law-enforcement sources Sunday.

Investigators believe the blast was the result of a home-made, pressure-cooker bomb similar to an unexploded device found later on 27th Street, sources said.

In another new wrinkle, a hand-written letter, a portion of which is in Arabic, was found inside a plastic bag that held the second bomb, sources said.

Investigators have obtained surveillance video of a person placing that device, sources said.

http://nypost.com/2016/09/18/there-will-be-more-chilling-911-call-after-the-chelsea-explosion/

20. walkie-talkie