1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Explosion Reported in Chelsea Area of Manhattan, NY

Discussion in 'Terrorist Attacks' started by walkie-talkie, Sep 17, 2016.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Cousin Dupree, noZme, fran and 2 others like this.
  2. walkie-talkie

3. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is being reported live on FOX so I have no link.

The suspect is shot in the shoulder and going to the hospital.
    A witness said the suspect was walking down the street with a gun.
    LE pulled up to talk to him and he started shooting.
    There was then a shootout.
    One officer saved by his vest.
    Another officer is in more serious condition.
    Just now they showed the suspect shot, being loaded into the ambulance.

JMHO
    fran

4. fran

The second officer was hit in the head by flying debris.
    Another officer had high blood pressure.
    Another hit in the vest.

JMHO
    fran

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Excellent work LE. One more dangerous radical nutjob in custody.

How many more are out there?

6. walkie-talkie

What about the five who were stopped last night? Was he one of the five?

Cousin Dupree, spike, noZme and 2 others like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

-- Ahmad Khan Rahami, the man suspected in bombings in New York and New Jersey, is now in custody after a shootout with police, sources said.
    The shootout happened Monday in Linden, New Jersey. Rahami was shot and was taken to an ambulance in a stretcher with his right shoulder bloodied and bandaged.

-- Two officers were hit in the shootout with Rahami, the mayor of the nearby city of Elizabeth said. One officer's vest was struck, and the other was shot in the hand.

-- Investigators first identified Rahami Sunday afternoon, a senior law enforcement official told CNN Monday. They were able to identify him through a fingerprint, the official said. The cell phone on the pressure cooker device found at the 27th street location in Manhattan also provided some clues, the official added.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/19/us/ne...Feed:+rss/cnn_latest+(RSS:+CNN+-+Most+Recent)

8. walkie-talkie

9. walkie-talkie

He was found after the owner of a local bar discovered him sleeping in a hallway. Believing him to be a vagrant, he contacted police.

"At approximately 10:30 this morning, the owner of one of the establishments in town reported that there was an individual sleeping in his hallway," Linden Mayor Derek Armstead said. "One of our police officers went to investigate, to wake him up, and realized that he was the suspect that has been sought in the other bombings that had occurred prior...He realized it was the suspect, and within moments, the suspect had fired on him. And thank God that he had his vest on. I think that saved his life."

Two police officers in total hurt, with the other officer apparently being shot in the head while sitting in his police cruiser. Neither sustained life-threatening injuries, police said, as the officer in the car suffered a glancing blow.

"When the officer tried to rouse the man in the doorway, when the man picked up his head, he noticed that the man had a beard and he looked like the suspect being sought," Linden police Captain James Sarnicki said. "So he told him to show (him) his hands, and the suspect had his hand on his side...he pulled out a handgun, and he fired a shot at the officer, striking him in his bullet-proof vest in his abdomen. At that point, the officer returned fire."

Authorities say the suspect then took off down the street, firing indiscriminately until other officers and took him down.

http://abc7ny.com/news/bombing-suspect-ahmad-khan-rahami-captured-in-linden/1517053/

10. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

No but LE thought they had a connection to Ahmad Khan Rahami

11. fran

New Jersey resident Ahmad Khan Rahami, wanted for NYC and N.J. bombings, arrested after shooting police officer
    Authorities nabbed the man wanted in connection with the weekend bombings in New York City and New Jersey after he shot a police officer Monday morning, according to reports.

Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, was the first person identified in connection with the bombings.

NBC New York and CNN reported that Rahami was in custody after shooting an officer in Linden, N.J. around 11 a.m. Details about the shooting were not immediately released.

The NYPD said Rahami is believed to the tied to the Chelsea bombing from Saturday night, which injured 29 people. Police found a second explosive device four blocks away, but it did not detonate.

Meanwhile, New Jersey State Police want Rahami for a bombing earlier Saturday in Seaside Park, N.J.

Rahami is a naturalized United States citizen who was born in Afghanistan, according to the FBI. His last known address was in Elizabeth, N.J., the city where authorities found pipe bombs in a garbage can Monday morning.

The FBI raided the Elizabeth address in the morning. The apartment is above a restaurant run by Rahami’s father, called First American Fried Chicken.

Regulars there remembered Rahami as a chilling presence.

"He would never talk to you. He would just take your order," Joshua Sanchez, 24, told the Daily News.

"I don't know why, but I got a sense that he hated America. There was something weird about him. I never see him with friends. He was always very serious, no girlfriend, no nothing."

read more ........... http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ted-shooting-police-officer-article-1.2797960

12. walkie-talkie

5 detained near Verrazano Bridge in Chelsea bombing case questioned, released

Five people detained by law enforcement after their vehicle was stopped near the Verrazano Bridge on Sunday night were questioned and released, FBI officials said during a Monday news conference.

The group was detained after their vehicle was identified as a "vehicle of interest" in the New York and New Jersey bombing investigations. Ahmad Khan Rahami, the prime suspect in the trio of weekend bombings, was captured in Linden, NJ after a gun battle with police on Monday morning.

Officials took an interest in the vehicle stopped on the Verrazano after it was seen leaving a location "associated with Rahami," authorities said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...chelsea-bombing-case-questioned-released.html

13. walkie-talkie

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  14. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Bomb suspect Rahami a deadbeat, hated America, says his daughter’s mother
    At Edison High School, where Rahami and Maria met, Rahami got along with classmates and was known as the class clown, she said. But he often criticized American culture, comparing it to the strict Islamic code of his homeland.

"I never thought he would do something like this,” she said through tears. “I think he was brainwashed.”

Maria recalled that Rahami would often go back to Afghanistan to see family, and would stay for weeks, or even months. Right before their daughter was born, Rahami was in Afghanistan and had trouble returning because authorities in Afghanistan confiscated his passport for unknown reasons, Maria said. The last time Maria knows that Rahami visited his homeland was nine years ago. He brought back a wife and another child, she said.

Maria did not say what prompted their breakup, and cut the interview short saying she did not want to speak to a reporter. But she did say she did not want Rahami around their daughter, whom she did not name.

"I didn't want him to see my daughter,” she said. “If he loved her, he would have paid child support. My greatest fear is that he would try to take my daughter."

more at...
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/09/1...hated-america-says-his-daughter-s-mother.html

15. walkie-talkie

spike, Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  16. walkie-talkie

spike, Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  17. walkie-talkie

Sources: Bomb suspect had prior contact with authorities

Rahami was known to authorities prior to NY, NJ bombings

The Afghanistan-born suspect taken into custody Monday in connection with weekend bombings in New York and New Jersey had prior contact with authorities, two government sources told Fox News.

The sources said there was a domestic dispute, and the complainant also voiced suspicions that Ahmad Khan Rahami may have radical learnings. The FBI followed up on the claims as part of a “Guardian lead,” which is a post-9/11 system designed to track new information and run it to ground. In Rahami’s case, Fox News was told there was not enough to pursue, and the original allegations were withdrawn.

“There's nothing to indicate currently, he was on our radar, we had a report of a domestic incident some time ago,” the FBI’s New York Assistant Director in Charge Bill Sweeney told reporters about the incident. “The allegations were recanted and I don't have any other information. We'll keep digging.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...bings-had-prior-contact-with-authorities.html

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  18. walkie-talkie

A U.S. official said the suspect, a naturalized U.S. citizen, had made at least three months-long trips to Pakistan and Afghanistan since 2014. He had married a Pakistani woman and brought her to the U.S. as his wife, said the official, who was not authorized to discuss the investigation publicly.

The woman left the U.S. for Pakistan in recent days and was intercepted by officials Monday in the United Arab Emirates, where investigators were attempting to determine whether she had been aware of her husband’s plans.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-new-york-bomb-suspect-20160919-snap-story.html

19. walkie-talkie

Bomb Suspect's 'Rambling' Note Mentioned Boston Marathon, Top al-Qaida Operative, Sources Say

A note believed to have been left by the suspected New York and New Jersey bomber referenced the American al-Qaida cleric Anwar al-Awlaki and the Boston Marathon bombings, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation tells NBC News.

The note, described by one official as "a hodge podge, a rambling, disconnected, choppy series of references to past events," also mentioned the 2009 mass shooting at Fort Hood, where a U.S. Army major and psychiatrist killed 13 people and injured 30 others.

Source: Bomb Suspect's 'Rambling' Note Mentioned Boston Marathon, Top al-Qaida Operative, Sources Say | NBC New York http://www.nbcnewyork.com/investiga...hon-Ahmad-Rahami-394117971.html#ixzz4KoLNZ6IN

20. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

NYC Mayor Days After Radical Islamic Terror Attack: We Need More Muslim Migrants

http://www.dailywire.com/news/9281/nyc-mayor-days-after-radical-islamic-terror-attack-james-barrett#

Three days after bombs exploded in New Jersey and New York and one day after the radical Islamic terrorist behind the attacks shot two officers before being arrested, New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio co-wrote an op-ed dismissing the threat of radical Islam and calling for more inadequately vetted Muslim migrants to be admitted into America.

De Blasio's multiculturalist pro-immigrant plea was co-authored by mayors of two other embattled cities, London and Paris. Following a weekend that saw three bombs explode in the New York area, one of which injured 29 innocent people, and a multi-victim knife attack by a Somali immigrant jihadist in Minnesota, De Blasio and company declared that "[m]ilitant violence is vanishingly rare."

The trio of liberal mayors go on to argue that we must not give in to fear-mongering over the supposed threat of radical Islamic terror and begin heartlessly limiting the number of people imported from terror-plagued countries.

As Lifezette's Brendan Kirby underscores, while de Blasio and his pro-immigrant colleagues are technically correct in stating that terrorist attacks by refugees are pretty rare, their argument fails to take into account a sobering reality: Muslim immigrants or refugees carried out almost every major terror attack in the U.S. and a total of 65 percent of all attacks since 2001.

"A report released in June by the Senate Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest indicates that 380 peopled convicted of terrorism-related charges from the Sept. 11 attacks in 2001 to the end of 2014 were born abroad. That is 65 percent of the total number," explains Kirby.

The two men responsible for the terror attacks this weekend meet the description of that 65 percent. The NY/NJ bomber, Ahmad Khan Rahami, is a naturalized citizen originally from Afghanistan, who, according to friends, returned from a trip to Pakistan with a new found zeal for Islam.

The Minnesota mall jihadist, Dahir Adan, is the son of Somali refugees who increasingly embraced anti-American views eventually finding their full expression in his knife-wielding rampage that left ten innocent people injured before he was shot dead by an off-duty police officer who thankfully was armed.

But the facts don't matter to de Blasio and the liberal elite, who consistently downplay the threat of terror and ask Americans to trust an administration that has demonstrated that it is either incapable or unwilling to put the safety of Americans before the left's utopian multicultural agenda.

walkie-talkie likes this.