1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Explosion Reported in Chelsea Area of Manhattan, NY

Discussion in 'Terrorist Attacks' started by walkie-talkie, Sep 17, 2016.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

Cousin Dupree likes this.
  2. walkie-talkie

Ahmad Khan Rahami’s Father Told Police in 2014 His Son Was a Terrorist, Officials Say

Two years before Ahmad Khan Rahami went on a bombing rampage in New York and New Jersey, his father told the police that the son was a terrorist, prompting a review by federal agents, according to two senior law enforcement officials.

Separately on Tuesday, another official said that when Mr. Rahami was captured during a shootout with the police, he was carrying a notebook that contained writings sympathetic to jihadist causes.

In one section of the book, which was pierced by a bullethole and covered in blood, Mr. Rahami wrote of “killing the kuffar,” or unbeliever, according to the official, who agreed to speak about the investigation only on the condition of anonymity.
    -----
    The father made the statement about his son being a terrorist to New Jersey police in 2014, when Mr. Rahami was arrested after a domestic dispute and accused of stabbing his brother.

The information was passed to the Joint Terrorism Task Force led by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Newark. Officers opened what is known as an assessment, the most basic of F.B.I. investigations, and interviewed the father, who then recanted.

An official, when asked about the inquiry, said the father made the comment out of anger at his son.

It is not clear if officers interviewed Ahmad Rahami.

On Tuesday morning, outside the family’s restaurant in Elizabeth, the father, Mohammad Rahami, told reporters, “I called the F.B.I. two years ago,” he said, shaking his fingers in the air.

Asked if he specifically meant his son, Mr. Rahami stormed away. A short time later, he responded to a reporter who asked, “Do you think your son is a terrorist?”

“No,” Mohammad Rahami said. “And the F.B.I., they know that.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/nyregion/ahmad-khan-rahami-suspect.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

spike, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  3. walkie-talkie

Paradise, Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  4. walkie-talkie

5. spike

spike Bronze Member

6. walkie-talkie

Pressure Cooker Found in Bronx

A pressure cooker was found under an overpass on East 134th St & Alexander Ave in the Bronx area of New York City, according to News 12 Bronx.

The device was found at 5:35 p.m. local time and streets in the area were shut down.

The device reportedly did not have any wires coming out of it or a cell phone attached, like ones used as bombs have in the past.

The bomb squad is on scene and has determined that the device is safe.

http://www.alboenews.com/pressure-cooker-found-in-bronx/

spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  7. walkie-talkie

Steve, spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. walkie-talkie

Ahmad Rahami Posted Radical Videos in 2010, Went to Syria: Sources

Were Key Warning Signs Missed Before New York and New Jersey Bombings?
    The suspect in the New York and New Jersey bombings posted links to radical videos on social media as early as 2010, but his social media posts weren't vetted by authorities when he received U.S. citizenship in 2011, NBC News has learned.

U.S. intelligence sources also believe Ahmad Rahami traveled to Syria in 2013 or 2014, in addition to visiting high-risk terror areas like Quetta, Pakistan, repeatedly.

In fact, Rahami left a trail of clues that raise questions about whether he could and should have been detected by authorities — perhaps the latest example in a recent history of domestic terror plots littered with missed opportunities.

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/fl...-radical-videos-in-2/f-6c711a39c2/nbcnews.com

noZme, spike and Cousin Dupree like this.
  9. walkie-talkie

10. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

11. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

12. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

Nope. Not a joke. They are EgyptAir pilots.

But, yeah. Just tourists who needed a tiger print bag off the street.

13. walkie-talkie

14. Sabra

Sabra Well-Known Member

15. walkie-talkie

16. walkie-talkie

17. walkie-talkie

Cousin Dupree and spike like this.
  18. spike

spike Bronze Member

Cousin Dupree and walkie-talkie like this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

You didn't expect him to plead guilty did you?

spike and walkie-talkie like this.
  20. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

New York City bombing suspect communicating with authorities by nodding

The hospitalized man accused of setting bombs in New York City and New Jersey has been communicating with authorities by nodding, CBS News has learned.

Two law enforcement officials confirmed to CBS News that Ahmad Khan Rahami, 28, nodded no when asked if anybody else was involved in the bombings that injured 31 people in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood last month. No one was injured in the New Jersey explosion.

Rahami, an Afghan-born U.S. citizen, was shot between eight and 10 times when he was captured in northern New Jersey two days after he allegedly detonated a pipe bomb along the route of a Marine Corps charity race in the New Jersey shore town of Seaside Park and a pressure cooker bomb in New York City on Sept. 17.

When asked if the bombing locations were chosen at random, Rahami nodded yes, the law enforcement officials told CBS News.

read more .......... http://www.cbsnews.com/news/new-yor...mad-rahami-communicating-authorities-nodding/