1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FIGHT CRIME: INVEST IN KIDS

Discussion in 'Community Outreach' started by Kimster, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Fight Crime: Invest in Kids is an anti-crime organization of nearly 5,000 police chiefs, sheriffs, prosecutors, and violence survivors. We take a hard look at the research about what prevents kids from becoming criminals and put that information in the hands of policymakers and the general public.

Law Enforcement Leaders Call for Reauthorization of Juvenile Justice Act to Reduce Crime
    Our new research shows that our current system of placing juvenile offenders in residential facilities with other troubled youths is expensive and, in most cases, isn’t particularly effective at reducing crime. Reauthorizing the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act (JJDPA) can encourage the adoption of interventions proven to reduce recidivism and save taxpayers money.

Much much more at link: http://www.fightcrime.org/

President Pope Dewey likes this.
  2. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

OKLAHOMA:

I began my law enforcement career in 1967. I served 24 years with the Choctaw Police Department before being elected sheriff 19 years ago. I've dedicated my life to making Oklahoma County a safe place to live. Now I find myself continuing these efforts through a different approach — advocating for high-quality early learning opportunities for our children.

My reasoning is simple: 90 percent of brain development occurs in the first five years, impacting cognitive and emotional skills and making children far more likely to start school ready to learn so they don't fall behind, drop out and get involved in crime. If we invest in children early, the effects are lifelong, lowering dropout rates and involvement in crime. Putting resources in early childhood programs keeps communities safe, helping to lower crime and incarceration rates.

Law enforcement leaders suggest early learning stems crime. A Chicago-based study, highlighted by the Fight Crime: Invest in Kids group, found that children who participated in high-quality preschool were 20 percent less likely to be arrested for a felony or incarcerated as young adults. Another study found that participants who attended preschool were nearly half as likely to serve jail time by age 40. Lack of education is part of the crime problem. Seven of 10 state prison inmates didn't graduate from high school.

We can be proud that Oklahoma was one of the first states to provide free preschool programs for 4-year-olds and 99 percent of school districts have available programs. Our state's pre-K program has comprehensive learning standards, specialized teacher training and excellent staff-to-child ratios. We have done well investing in our children.

http://newsok.com/article/5463213