1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

Florida woman texts boyfriend "driving drunk woo" right before fatal crash in 2013

Discussion in 'Crimes' started by noZme, May 2, 2015.

1. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

“Driving drunk woo … I’ll be dead thanks to you.”

Those were the words of Mila Dago, 22, three minutes before police say she caused a fatal crash by driving through a red light. She was in the process of breaking up with a boyfriend & out bar-hopping with friends.

This week, prosecutors released new evidence from the 2013 crash, including a string of texts. Her two passengers were killed when she plowed into a moving truck near downtown Miami. A blood alcohol test found Dago to be more than twice the legal limit.

She has plead not guilty to charges of DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and two counts of DUI with damage to a person. Trial date has not been announced.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/national/florida-woman-texts-boyfriend-driving-drunk-woo-ri/nk7N3/

2. Trial_Gal

Trial_Gal Well-Known Member

3. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

DUI is such a sore point for me. With a little planning or else common-sense & after-thought, it is not necessary to drive impaired. NO excuses!

GarAndMo49, KOS, Scoobie and 7 others like this.
  4. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

It was only one passenger that was killed. Here's the original Miami Herald article:http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article19971540.html

I used to live in Miami and still read it daily. :)

I'm really curious about the cars2go and how she got one when she was obviously very drunk. Going to look it up now.

There are probably hundreds of cabs driving around Miami, yet she went and rented a car? SMH.

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Thanks daisy, only one passenger was killed.

My bad- had a senior moment. I thought it was written strangely - duh!- her passenger & best friend are one person. I'm too old & too right-brained to multi-task. As soon as the Soylent Green section opens at CW, I'll be the first one shipped out.

6. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

Not your fault - the article in the OP said 2 and it was wrong :)

DRF1950, Cousin Dupree and MadgeS like this.
  7. DRF1950

DRF1950 Member

Oh, believe me, it is a major sore point with me, noZme. My son was killed by a drunk driver. That was in 1999, but it seems like just yesterday.

I will have an Irish Coffee or maybe a couple of Margaritas, but I would never drive drunk. I don't give a flip about what anyone does in the privacy of their own home, but do not get out there and endanger lives or kill with your stupidity.

This person is a murderer, IMO. She doesn't deserve any breaks whatsoever!

GarAndMo49, noZme and Cousin Dupree like this.
  8. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

In drunk driver accidents it seems the drunk driver is the only one who survives. :mad:

9. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

When I was a teenager I drove drunk many times. I look back and realize what an arsehole I was to put others in danger. I thank God that I never hurt anyone or myself. Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs is one of my huge pet peeves now as an adult and as a parent. It is such a selfish act. I have not had a drink in almost 21 years and I am always willing to drive anyone home who needs a ride. This girl had options and she chose to kill her friend - that is manslaughter and I hope that she is found guilty.

GarAndMo49, KOS, daisy7 and 3 others like this.
  10. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

DRF, As mother to a son who is my heart & soul, I don't have words but offer a big hug & gentle pat on your back. God Bless.

There is never an excuse for drinking & driving & I wish the penalties were much stronger. So many times, violators plea down or whatever & go right back & do it again. And like Cousin Dupree just said, so often the drunkard causes a horrible crash & walks away.

GarAndMo49, Cousin Dupree and DRF1950 like this.
  11. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising Rising From The Ash

I kind of like (sarcastically said, while rolling eyes) that we start out with her blaming the ex. Like he put the drinks in her hand and forced her to drink. We all have choices when bad things happen i.e. break-ups. How's about getting drunk on some Ben and Jerry's like other women do?

12. DRF1950

DRF1950 Member

Thanks so much, noZme.

noZme and Cousin Dupree like this.
  13. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

Another case in FL

Today, a South Florida woman who tweeted "2 drunk 2 care" minutes before a fatal wrong-way crash was sentenced to 24 years in prison.
    A Broward County judge also said 22-year-old Kayla Mendoza will remain on probation for six years after her release. Mendoza pleaded guilty in February to two DUI manslaughter charges in the November 2013 crash that killed Kaitlyn Ferrante and Marisa Catronio, both 21. Mendoza's blood-alcohol level was almost twice Florida's legal limit. She had been out drinking with co-workers prior to the crash.

http://www.wctv.tv/home/headlines/R...-2-Drunk-2-Care-Then-Kills-Two-233227501.html

14. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Looks like there were two fatalities after all. So sad and preventable.

DRF1950 and Cousin Dupree like this.
  15. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Finally a lot more than a slap on the hand for something like this. Too bad, for her, she wasn't suffering from Afluenza.