1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NJ GALLOWAY JANE DOE: WF, 12-18, found in woods near Jim Leeds Road, NJ - December 1971

Discussion in 'Unidentified 1900 to 1979' started by Kimster, May 28, 2016.

1. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

That match looked so good and I felt so sure you had found her.

This young woman haunts me. I'm not thinking that she was a prostitute because of the way she was dressed. She was also fully dressed when she was found. I think the pants they are describing were Levi's striped hip huggers from the 1960s - 70s.

spike and DaisyChains like this.
  2. DaisyChains

DaisyChains Bronze Member

seeing now that you messaged me that Cynthia was ruled out. Thank you for that reminder so that I didn't send her in.

I agree that this victim doesn't seem like a victim who came from the fringes given her age and clothing. so sad :(

great work updating her thread @Akoya <3

Kimster, Akoya and spike like this.
  3. spike

spike Bronze Member

This is sounding like a trucker.
    There was a trucker in the late 70s
    sought after. I was dating a police chief in Miami at that time and I still remember seeing the "BOLO" report saying he drove a truck with "baby-moon wheels" and wore a cowboy hat.
    He was suspected of being a serial killer and had been all over the country.
    I know this rattles on...sorry...it just always haunted me and this story hits a nerve.

Akoya likes this.
  4. Akoya

Akoya Bronze Member

A trucker wouldn't have been able to drive his truck on the Garden State Parkway. Trucks aren't allowed. A trucker could have arrived in the area on the Atlantic City Expressway, though. This girl just doesn't sound like she was sexually assaulted.

spike likes this.
  5. spike

spike Bronze Member

Ah. I see. Thanks, Akoya!! Didn't realize this about trucks! My bad. :blush:

Akoya likes this.
  6. I know I keep bringing this runaway up in every case, but has Janet Kramer been ruled out? She matches the age, date, and appearance.

spike likes this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Here are this does's exclusions: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5221

One thing you can check on is if Janet's DNA has been submitted in NamUS. I can't check from where I'm at right now. And then check to see if the doe's DNA has been submitted, which this one has a complete DNA profile. If both DNAs have been submitted, then we can move on to a new clue. Hope that helps!

spike, Catwalk Gray Hu-Hum and Akoya like this.
  8. Great, thank you!

spike and Kimster like this.
  9. Kimster

You're welcome! :hug:

Akoya, spike and Catwalk Gray Hu-Hum like this.
  10. Her DNA has been submitted and she isn't on the rule out list.

spike likes this.
  11. Kimster

Good point! I "think" that's submissions made manually because the others' DNA haven't been submitted. I'm going to try and verify that for us both.

spike, SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and Akoya like this.
  12. Kimster

I didn't see if you got the update that Denise Sheehy is also a rule out or not, along with Cynthia Constantine. Here's a list of current rule outs:

Rosemary Calandriello 1952 New Jersey
    Cynthia Constantine 1900 New York
    Cathy Moulton 1955 Maine
    Denise Sheehy 1954 New York
    Connie Smith 1942 Connecticut
    Deborah Spickler 1955 Connecticut
    Mary Wesolowski 1958 New York

spike, Catwalk Gray Hu-Hum and Akoya like this.
  13. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

It's kind of strange that she had a motel key. I wonder if they checked out who had rented that room recently. If she was really 12-14 years old, it doesn't seem likely that a motel would rent a room to her so she probably wasn't there alone. Or was older looking.

My mind went to Lynne Schulze but she went missing 4 days after JD was found. Other than that, the vitals fit.

14. Kimster

Or was she a victim of sex trafficking and her captor gave her the key?

Akoya, spike and Odyssey like this.
  15. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

I have never quite been clear on this but have read that DNA submitted does not always mean it will match automatically. It has to do with the type of DNA (for example, a doe's mitochondrial DNA won't automatically match to the MP's nuclear or something like that).

A lot of times the ruleouts do have DNA entered.

spike and Kimster like this.
  16. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

Irene LaRosa looks like a possibility. Hair color and height are right, disappeared in Mar 1971 from CT.

The weight is not off by much and the UID says eye color unknown so can't compare that.

Irene's NamUs shows sample submitted, not complete.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/37130

There is a Facebook page for Irene and there are comments suggesting she was a runaway and also comments refuting that notion.

spike likes this.
  17. Kimster

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I can see it, especially her nose. Is her family posting on FB? They should be able to recognize her jewelry.

Akoya and spike like this.
  18. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

There are family members posting, however it seems that her family was scattered around, she herself was in an orphanage for much of her childhood. I don't get the impression that any of them would have known what she was wearing that day or anything. There's no clothing description on any databases, as far as I know.

Kimster and spike like this.
  19. Kimster

Oh no! Have they mentioned this doe? I wonder what they would think of the possibility?

Akoya and Odyssey like this.
  20. Odyssey

Odyssey Active Member

I haven't seen any mention of Jane Doe. I'm hoping Irene's DNA will be complete soon. Last I saw, it was still in process.

If JD had a motel key though, I am really wondering who was renting the room that the key was for.

I wouldn't think it would be that difficult to find out, unless she had kept the key long after having been there. But if the motel was near where she was found, it was probably recent.

Kimster likes this.