1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

IL GARFIELD PARK CHILD - Found in lagoon of Chicago Park *Kyrian Knox*

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Yoda, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Takeitfromme

Takeitfromme Professional Journalist/News Reporter

The thing is, how did he get there? What evil jerk did this..... if it is King Walker where is poor Diamond?? She would not have done this..... she is in serious danger if this is him..... the poor girl only has the mental capacity of like a 6 year old girl!

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Missing toddler in Rockford, possible connection to heinous Chicago case

A mother of a missing toddler with ties to Rockford sends out a plea to help find her son. The investigation has Rockford Police looking at all possible connections including a recent investigation in Chicago.

Yesterday, Rockford Police announced Kyrian Knox, 2, went missing from a home in Rockford. But it's unclear exactly how long he's been missing. We do know Chicago Police were in Rockford on Friday. They took DNA from the mother of the missing toddler.

Just more than two weeks ago, Chicago Police found the dismembered body of a toddler in Garfield Park in Chicago. They have not been able to identify that boy yet and when 13 News asked Rockford Police if the two cases could be connected, they said there is no definitive connection, but that they are looking at all avenues.

http://www.wrex.com/story/30082850/...d-possible-connection-to-heinous-chicago-case

CW Thread for Kyrian specifically - http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...ng-from-rockford-il-aug-sept-2015-age-2.2152/

3. Takeitfromme

Oh man.....

4. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Go to the link SheWho posted above and look at his pictures

5. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

It’s a crime so horrific that even the police were stunned: the dismembered remains of an unidentifed child found in Chicago’s Garfield Park. And while the recently identified “Baby Doe” – Bella Bond – has finally gotten her name back, this “Baby Doe” is still unknown.

On Sunday September 6, the Chicago police found the left foot of a small child in Garfield Park around 5:40 in the evening. They were alerted to the find by a park visitor who called 911 to report a foot floating in a lagoon. Further searches of the park and a nearby lagoon were able to uncover the head, right foot, and both hands. The body parts had been weighed down. Chicago’s Baby Doe was African-American, two to four years old, and had brown hair and brown eyes. The doe was likely male, but the gender of the baby could not be definitively determined. The body had been dismembered after death, and the body parts may have been placed in plastic bags that they later floated out of.

Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/2435920/af...doe-remains-unidentified/#j78PCLU7CGudRoAX.99

Takeitfromme and WindStorm like this.
  6. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Holy smokes. You would think we would not be shocked when reading some of this because we've read so many disgusting things, but yet, here we are. Shocked and sickened again. I can't even imagine!

7. Takeitfromme

It's just so awful.... I have no words at the moment.

8. Takeitfromme

WindStorm likes this.
  9. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Yes, and collecting DNA from relatives of missing children. How sad is that statement?

Takeitfromme likes this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

There are 3 children in the Chicago area alone who they are looking at in connection to this boy. The article also mentions they're checking on 9 across the country. :(

http://www.mystateline.com/news/search-continues-for-missing-toddler
    At least three missing children from the Chicago area fit the description, and one of them is from right here in Rockford-Kyrian Knox.

Advocate, daisy7 and Takeitfromme like this.
  11. Takeitfromme

:tears:

I'm going to read up

12. Rowdy Girl

Rowdy Girl Just call me Rowdy!

I don't think I can deal with reading about this today. So absolutely horrifying. Beyond words.
    I will read it and comment later. I have many friends and family in Chicago. I'm sure they are all highly disturbed over this. :(

13. Takeitfromme

All 50 states and possible it could be 1 of 9 kids..... ugh

Advocate, WindStorm and Rowdy Girl like this.
  14. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

If there is no DNA match with the 9 kids they are considering, im sure they will run his DNA through NAMUS which will compare it with DNA across the nation that's in their database.

Advocate and Takeitfromme like this.
  15. Takeitfromme

My hope is since they have the UID baby's DNA that they entered in the databases kept already and while waiting if there are any matches investigating the missing boy nearby's DNA (Kyrian) as well as King Walker and the other babes they are investigating....

I feel (IMO) that this will turn out to be a case where the child is a local or fairly local.

Advocate and WindStorm like this.
  16. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

I agree. I wish they would come up with a faster way to test DNA. It's such a long process.

Advocate, daisy7 and Takeitfromme like this.
  17. Takeitfromme

It seems it is only quick when it is an individual case... such as a baby doe you have the DNA and then you have 2 parents, swab them and run with it, then you know right away because there is no "process of elimination"

WindStorm likes this.
  18. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Looks like this *may* be another child they're looking at as a precaution. Seems to be "missing" from a pretty bad family situation, but his father says he's with family in the Chicago area... The boy is not named but he's 2.

Safety net fails boy missing for a second time

On Wednesday, the boy’s presumed father, James Salter, called the Star Tribune to say that he had the boy living with his family in Chicago, and planned to bring him to child protection.

“He’s not missing,” Salter said. “He’s fine.”

In an interview with the Star Tribune, Bock said that after about 45 minutes with the boy, he turned him over to Kiewatt’s adult daughter. The daughter, Bock said, later texted him to say she gave the boy to Salter.

Salter said he picked up his son the day Kiewatt was arrested, and that no one from the county contacted him. He said Kiewatt has called him daily from the Hennepin County jail.

But in a hearing Tuesday, Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Erin Goltz said “as the court is aware, we have been unable to locate” the boy. Goltz and the judge asked Kiewatt if she knew where her son was, or how to contact Salter. She said she didn’t know.

http://www.startribune.com/safety-net-fails-boy-missing-for-a-second-time/328971501/

byo and Takeitfromme like this.
  19. WindStorm

WindStorm Bronze Member

Oh. My. God. I have no words. Actually, I do have words. I wish child services could get their act together! I've seen so many little ones failed by the system that it literally makes my sick. After this woman's history WITH THEM, they hand her back a child after 6 months pretend sobriety??? There has just got to be a better way!

20. Takeitfromme

This poor kid!!!!!!!! Everyone failed him even police!!! OMG! :thud:

Lily, Kimster and WindStorm like this.