1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NC GARY RICHARD MOUSSEAU: Missing from Rutherford Co, NC - 3 Oct 2019 - Age 82 *Found Safe*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by Paradise, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Elderly man missing from Rutherford Co. last seen in Kentucky
    NEWS

by: WSPA Staff

Posted: Oct 4, 2019 / 07:44 AM EDT / Updated: Oct 4, 2019 / 07:44 AM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Gary Mousseau (Source: NCDPS)

RUTHERFORD Co., N.C. (WSPA) — Authorities have issued a Silver Alert for an 82-year-old man possibly headed to Michigan.

Rutherford County deputies are looking for Gary Richard Mousseau.

The N.C. Center for Missing Persons says Mousseau is believed to suffer from dementia or another cognitive impairment and was last seen at a Pilot gas station in Franklin, Ky.

Mousseau is 5 feet 7 inches and weighs 150 pounds with hazel eyes.

Authorities say he’s driving a gray 2001 Dodge Dakota with N.C. license plate CHS3415.

Mousseau may be driving to Warren, Mich.

Anyone with information about Mousseau is asked to call the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office at 828-286-2911.

https://www.wspa.com/news/elderly-man-missing-from-rutherford-co-last-seen-in-kentucky/

https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...ord-co-nc-since-oct-3-2019.4703/#comment-4857

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2019
    Elizabeth Smith, kdg411 and Kimster like this.
  2. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I wish there was more that could be done for taking driving privileges away from those with diagnosed dementia. Every day another story of a good reason why.

Elizabeth Smith, Paradise and kdg411 like this.
  3. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I so agree.

4. Elizabeth Smith

Elizabeth Smith Searching for my little girl always

Excuse me for interrupting your personal opinions and thoughts on the subject of the elderly and people with dementia not being allowed to drive anymore but if they are still capable of doing any activity with the possibility of their minds being active enough for it to improve their memory the area around them, maybe just give them restrictions to have a licensed driver with the person while driving?

Paradise likes this.
  5. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

That could be a good compromise.

Paradise and Elizabeth Smith like this.
  6. Elizabeth Smith

Thanks for seeing my point of view. I've got family with dementia and anything that has the possibility of improvement in the thought process of dementia patient should be done for them. It's an idea I had for the solution to my family m a members mindset. Thanks for letting me voice my point of view.

Paradise likes this.
  7. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Point well taken. We see so many people here in So FL suffering from dementia that go missing . It always hurts my heart while waiting for information that they have been found.

kdg411 and Elizabeth Smith like this.
  8. Elizabeth Smith

I've been blessed to have my family members with it to have someone with them all the time so I guess I'm not facing the issue of them driving without someone else in the car with them thankfully but I send prayers for the ones who are dealing with that problem. Wishing you all a good evening since I'm going out for the night I probably won't do that gun so good night and you guys and I'll talk to you tomorrow.

kdg411 and Paradise like this.
  9. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Have a lovely evening

Elizabeth Smith and kdg411 like this.
  10. guess who

guess who Bronze Member

I just get so frustrated when its always the same story, day after day.

Elizabeth Smith, kdg411 and Paradise like this.
  11. Elizabeth Smith

Unfortunately we're all feeling that frustration when it seems nothing ever changes and it's especially tough when it's your own family involved my friend. Things always end up changing with time so hang in there and it will eventually be a better situation. But if it seems that you just have too much on your plate to deal with I'm happy to lend an ear to listen to you and your family just private message me here or my email address smithbeth591@gmail.com
    Wishing you and yours the best for all, your friend, Beth

Paradise likes this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Elizabeth Smith, Paradise and kdg411 like this.
  13. Elizabeth Smith

Thank God for that I'd not heard anything else about the man after I shared the post about him

kdg411 likes this.
  14. Elizabeth Smith

My understanding is that he has been found but if I'm wrong please correct me!

kdg411 likes this.
  15. Elizabeth Smith

http://local.nixle.com/alert/7573112/?sub_id=11032670

kdg411 and Paradise like this.