1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

TN GERALDINE LERGAY: Missing from Brentwood, TN - 22 July 2013 *Found Deceased*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by ShortWave, Oct 16, 2015.

1. ShortWave

ShortWave Fan of Troublemaker

(NASHVILLE) Skeletal remains, clothing and possessions found in a wooded area of East Central Maine this week are consistent with those of missing hiker and Brentwood resident Geraldine Largay, the Maine Warden Service announced Friday.

Largay, 66, disappeared while hiking the Appalachian Trail in Franklin County. She was last seen early on the morning of July 22, 2013 at Poplar Ridge Lean-to in Redington Township, about 65 miles northwest of Showhegan.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/2015...und-in-maine-no-foul-play-suspected/74078316/

Jaws and Kimster like this.
  2. Jaws

Jaws Active Member

I have been following this case since it first broke two years ago. I find it interesting that cadaver dogs were searching within 100 yards and failed to find her. I realize that winds and other things can affect their ability to pick up a scent, but that seems pretty close to me.

I am glad they found her, but this one is so sad to me!

Kimster likes this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I wonder what caused that too! :waitasec:

4. Kimster

Jaws likes this.
  5. Summer_breeze

Summer_breeze Blowing through the Jasmine in my mind

6. Kimster

Summer_breeze likes this.
  7. ima.grandma

ima.grandma Believer of Miracles

She was alone, though that wasn’t originally the plan. Her hiking companion had had an emergency that called her home early from their adventure. She was hiking the Appalachian Trail in remote western Maine, a difficult stretch. But everything seemed to be going okay — until she vanished without a trace.

Geraldine Largay, known as Inchworm on the trail, made national headlines when she disappeared in July 2013. The Maine Warden Service launched a massive search for her that continued for days, then weeks, then months. For more than a year, they followed leads.

Then in October 2015, her remains were found, startlingly close to the trail.

Maine author Denis Dauphinee is now giving voice to the last days of Largay’s life. His newest book, “When You Find My Body: The Disappearance of Geraldine Largay on the Appalachian Trail,” is published by Down East Books.

https://bangordailynews.com/2019/05...st-days-of-missing-at-hiker-geraldine-largay/

Kimster and SheWhoMustNotBeNamed like this.