1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Missing from Satsuma, FL - 10 Feb 2009 - Age 5

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by walkie-talkie, Apr 24, 2015.

1. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

HaLeigh Cummings

cummings_haleigh2.jpg
    • Missing Since: February 10, 2009 from Satsuma, Putnam County, Florida
    • Classification: Endangered Missing
    • Date Of Birth: August 17, 2003
    • Height: 3'0"
    • Weight: 39 lbs
    • Hair Color: Blonde
    • Eye Color: Brown
    • Race: White
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Pierced ears. She has chubby finger
      and toes, due to Turner Syndrome. She has a a round birthmark on the lower left
      side of her back, around 4 inches in size. She has 2 brown birthmarks on her face,
      her left cheek and right jawline. Left eye slightly smaller than the other eye.
    • Clothing: Pink T-shirt, tan shorts.
    • AKA: Haleigh Bug
    • Case Number: 09-1325
    Details of Disappearance
    Haleigh was last known to be sleeping in her home, in the area of Hermit's Cove in Satsuma, Florida, on the evening of February 9, 2009.
    She was discovered missing during the early morning hours of February 10, 2009. She may still be in the local area. The kindergartner vanished from the home she shared with her father, Ronald Cummings, his 17-year-old girlfriend, Misty Croslin, and Haleigh's 4-year-old brother. Croslin told police she woke up in the middle of the night and Haleigh was gone.

Both Cummings and Croslin have denied all wrongdoing in the little girl's disappearance. Ronald Cummings is currently serving a 15-year prison sentence for drug trafficking. Croslin, who later married, then divorced Cummings, is also in prison in connection with the same drug trafficking investigation that led to Cummings' arrest. She was sentenced to 25 years in 2010.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Putnam County Sheriff's Office
    (386) 329-0801
    or
    National Center for Missing & Exploited Children
    1-800-843-5678 (1-800-THE-LOST)

Source Information
    NCMEC
    Namus Reality Chatter

http://www.nampn.org/cases/cummings_haleigh.html

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/index.php?media/haleigh-cummings-missing-from-satsuma-fl.37/

http://www.crimewatchers.net/forum/...-cummings-is-still-missing-bringherhome.1236/

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2015
    Akoya, Lily, truthbtold and 6 others like this.
  2. ShortWave

ShortWave Fan of Troublemaker

:blowkiss:

Akoya, Olenna, Dama and 3 others like this.
  3. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Just saw our girl pop up in the marquee. My eyes are wet.

Where are you, Haleigh? :(

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 9 others like this.
  4. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Administrative Manager Staff Member

How sad that this is still unsolved.

Mel70, Akoya, truthbtold and 9 others like this.
  5. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

She's never been found. :(
    IMO a certain group now serving time in jail knows where she is. I lost many nights sleep discussing and worrying about Haleigh.

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 7 others like this.
  6. Kimster

Me too, MadgeS! I was deeply involved in following this case and was so sure she would be found. :(

Akoya, Lily, Olenna and 8 others like this.
  7. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I felt sure too Kimster.

Akoya, Lily, Olenna and 3 others like this.
  8. Watson

Watson New Member

Does anyone remember when Misty was taken to a spot on the St. John's river by LE? I've always wondered about that search. Did she provide a tip then clam up?

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 4 others like this.
  9. Kimster

IIRC, wasn't it her cousin trying to throw her under the bus and LE was hoping that by taking her to the river, she would spill? I know I knew what they were doing at the time, but my goodness that was awhile ago! I'm looking at a blog that says April 2010, but it's not reliable enough to link.

Akoya, Lily, Olenna and 4 others like this.
  10. Eman Resu

Eman Resu It's good to be home.

IIRC, I think Tommy and Misty fessed up to their Grandma with at least 2 or 3 different stories about Joe. Remember when Grandma was on Nancy Grace? Oh my, what a mess this case was. Poor Haleigh. :(

I think that Ron, Misty, Tommy and Joe all know what happened to Haleigh. I'm on the fence about Sykes and TN having knowledge of some sort as well.

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 7 others like this.
  11. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

12. Kimster

[​IMG]
    Oh my gosh. Look how pretty she would be!

Akoya, Lily, Zoidar and 6 others like this.
  13. Charm

Charm Active Member

HaLeigh just continues to break my heart.

Akoya, Lily, Zoidar and 5 others like this.
  14. daisy7

daisy7 Member Supreme

I remember when Haleigh's AA came on tv while I was watching some CA hearing. Where are you, sweet girl?

Akoya, Lily, Zoidar and 5 others like this.
  15. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

This is one of those cases I found it difficult to follow. There were so many unsavory people that were in this poor child's daily world. Now most of them are in jail and Haleigh is still missing.

Such a tragedy. What did they do with her?

:(
    fran

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 11 others like this.
  16. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I'm about afraid to discuss this case :confused: because it makes me so angry.
    I've guessed that each and every person in Haleigh's daily life harmed her, imoo. This case was and is extremely frustrating.....
    Imo she was accidentally killed and then hidden. imo
    How that can happen with no evidence left behind is a mystery in and of itself.

Akoya, lonetraveler, Zoidar and 6 others like this.
  17. Eman Resu

Eman Resu It's good to be home.

I think there was some evidence left behind, but just not enough. It's obvious that LE thought/think that Misty, Ron, and Tommy had something to do with with her disappearance and most likely death.

I think that either Ron told Misty to give Haleigh something to sleep (drugs) and she died from it, or Haleigh got in the middle of an argument between Ron and Misty (because she screwed around on him with WBG) and she later died from her injuries.

I think that Joe O and Tommy have a role in this too. (Most likely after the fact) Possibly TN and Sykes afterwards in the cover up.
    I'm sorry to say this but I truly believe Haleigh is in the St. John's River somewhere. I hope I'm wrong and her body could be found somewhere in the vast woods that they have in that area.

I'm glad they're in prison but I want Haleigh to get justice. This case will haunt me until the day I die...and beyond. :(

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 9 others like this.
  18. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

I pretty much agree with what you said. The river holds a lot of information.

Mel70, Akoya, Lily and 3 others like this.
  19. Zoidar

Zoidar ADULT CW member

Child's Body Recovered from the St. Johns River
    Apr 20, 2015

East Palatka - At approximately 5:00 a.m., the body of a young boy was recovered in the St. Johns River near the area where 9 year old Tate Ricks was reported missing. Searchers found the body of the child floating just below the surface of the water.s

Investigators with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Commission (FWC) are conducting the investigation into the incident.

http://putnamsheriff.org/news-page-2t

The rest of the story is at the link provided. This was just an update. No, it's NOT HaLeigh, but IF HaLeigh was in that river, I really think she would've been found early on.

Akoya, Lily, Wow and 5 others like this.
  20. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

So sad about that poor child found, as well as Tate Ricks and of course Haleigh too. :(

Akoya, Lily, Olenna and 4 others like this.