1. CONNECTICUT: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Venessa Morales, 1, who is missing from her Ansonia home after her mother was found murdered.
    There is no suspect or vehicle information at this time.
    The last confirmed sighting of Venessa and her mother was on Thanksgiving day.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Missing from Satsuma, FL - 10 Feb 2009 - Age 5

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by walkie-talkie, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I am very happy this Case is showing so much activity. Don't get so comfortable YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

Kimster, Skitt, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  2. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Tammy, Kimster, spike and 2 others like this.
  3. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Tammy, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I just finished watching the series and here's my crib notes.

Everyone agrees that Misty knows where HaLeigh is. I just want to shake that girl up!

Detectives confirm there were no signs of forced entry. They believe that she died accidentally after Ron went to work. People panicked and had to get rid of her body. She had been seen at a party in Palatka, miles away from her home hours before she was reported missing.

After being arrested for drugs, Misty gave indications that her brother Hank Croslin and cousin Joe Overstreet dumped HaLeigh over the Shell Harbor boat ramp, which was near Ron's mobile home.. She even described a bag, a rope and concrete. But, nothing turned up. Later, Misty said "nevermind I'm not telling the truth". She still denies having anything to do with Hailey's disappearance to this day.

Tammy, kdg411, Mel70 and 4 others like this.
  5. Kimster

Tomorrow they're going to have another special because tomorrow is the actual ten years since HaLeigh went missing. And then on Monday, they're going to have a special podcast available via the news4jax website. There will be extended interviews with the detectives on the podcast.

6. Olenna

Olenna Chief Justice of the Forum on Checks & Balances

[​IMG]
    Remembering you today, little one.

spike, Tammy, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  7. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

:tears:

8. Kimster

We will never forget you, HaLeigh!

Haleigh-search-poster_1549047293693_18407061_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Tammy, Mel70, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  10. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

"Nevermind, I'm not telling the truth". WHAT?!!!!

Tammy, Cousin Dupree and Paradise like this.
  11. Kimster

Oh, those who have followed this case closely through the years are NOT surprised. Misty is a hot mess.

12. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

Oh I have thought from the beginning it was "Misty". But to say THAT?! First of all "Misty" You're an Idiot for saying that. And it further implicates You. And it is absolutely INFURIATING!!!

Steve, Tammy, Cousin Dupree and 2 others like this.
  13. Kimster

I think she's been on dope for so long that she's missing a lot of brain cells, and I'm not saying that to be funny, it's probably the truth!

spike, Tammy, kdg411 and 3 others like this.
  14. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

She would probably fail a lie detector test if they asked her if her name was "Misty" and she said Yes.

spike, Steve, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  15. Mel70

Mel70 Bronze Member

I serious hope, If the end up being able to charge her, They don't charge Her as a "Minor". She was 17. I just thought about that.

Steve, Tammy, kdg411 and 1 other person like this.
  16. Kimster

17. spike

spike Bronze Member

Paradise and Cousin Dupree like this.
  18. fran

fran Administrator Staff Member

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ased-decade-long-search-Haleigh-Cummings.html

Haleigh's mystery disappearance is now the subject of a new HLN docuseries called Real Life Nightmare to air on Saturday night.

Among the evidence shown in the documentary is never-before-seen video of Cummings speaking to a tearful Croslin in a police interview room after they were both interviewed.

'You didn't wake up,' Cummings could be heard saying to Croslin after an investigator let him into the interview room when she was being questioned.

She sobbed as she said: 'I would never let nothing happen to her if I knew something. I wouldn't let someone just take her.'

[​IMG]
    Among the evidence shown in the documentary is never-before-seen video of Cummings
    speaking to a tearful Croslin in a police interview room after they were both interviewed.
    He asks her how she didn't wake up when Haleigh vanished

'You didn't get out of bed,' Cummings said before asking Croslin: 'You sure you didn't unlock the door?'

Croslin responded: 'I didn't even hear anything.'

Other evidence included in the documentary is footage of Croslin walking through the crime scene just days after Haleigh vanished.

In the video, Croslin can be seen crying after finding the shirt that she said the little girl was wearing when she went to bed the night she vanished.

'When these indicators start popping up that her story to us, as far as the clothing is not adding up, that's when everything starts going from the outside and starts focusing right back on Misty again,' John Merchant, a former lead detective on the case, told HLN.

Detectives repeatedly described Croslin's statements about the night Haleigh disappeared as inconsistent.

'There was a lot of strange things with Misty. I mean, a lot of things in the investigation that kind of said, 'Hey, let's take a look at what's going on with Misty,'…She had taken a shower before we got there so that was kind of strange,' Putnam County Sheriff's Department Captain Dominic Piscitello said.

read more ........... https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ased-decade-long-search-Haleigh-Cummings.html

kdg411, spike, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  19. Cousin Dupree

Cousin Dupree Platinum Member

Thanks for letting us know about this. That's gonna be interesting. Setting it up to record now.

kdg411, spike, Paradise and 1 other person like this.
  20. Kimster

Interesting. This leads me right back to what I thought in the very beginning, that Misty and whoever she was partying with caused HaLeigh to die. I tend to lean towards horrible accident, but who knows what happened.

kdg411, spike, Paradise and 1 other person like this.