1. ALABAMA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Kamille McKinney, 3, abducted from a birthday party in Birmingham on Oct 12.
    The suspect vehicle has been located and a man has been taken into custody, but Kamille is still missing.
    Click HERE for more information

NEW JERSEY: An AMBER Alert has been issued for 5-year-old Dulce Alavez, abducted from a park in Bridgeton on September 16.
    She may have been lured into a red van by an unknown male, possibly Hispanic.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

FL HALEIGH CUMMINGS: Missing from Satsuma, FL - 10 Feb 2009 - Age 5

Discussion in 'Missing 2000 to 2009' started by walkie-talkie, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

Haleigh’s disappearance is still an open investigation at the Putnam County Sheriff’s Office.

“My office will not rest while trying to determine the whereabouts of Haleigh Cummings," Sheriff Jeff Hardy said in January. "We are still actively following up on any information we receive, and the investigation is continuing.”

Anyone with any information on Haleigh's whereabouts is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Northeast Florida at 1-888-277-8477.
    http://www.actionnewsjax.com/news/l...pearance-still-an-open-investigation/69248098

spike, Zoidar, walkie-talkie and 3 others like this.
  2. Kimster

“We believe that Misty [Croslin] holds the key to telling us what happened to HaLeigh that night,” Piscitello said.

Croslin hasn’t always been quite honest, he said.

The case points to HaLeigh probably being taken by someone she knew, Piscitello said, but there’s no evidence to support that.

“We believe that it’s a homicide investigation, but until we find any remains, we don’t want to miss the opportunity to take a chance if she is still alive,” he said.

After HaLeigh went missing, investigators talked with locals, including people who had been to the Cummings’ house and a group Croslin had been hanging out with, Piscitello said. After HaLeigh went missing, investigators checked cameras in convenience stores to see if she had been there.

Investigators also looked into area sex offenders to see if someone had taken her, Piscitello said. There is no evidence to suggest that, he added, but in such cases, it’s important to look outside the box and consider any possible theories.

http://www.wuft.org/news/2016/02/10...cummings-memory-still-rings-in-putnam-county/

noZme, spike, Zoidar and 2 others like this.
  3. Olenna

Olenna Chief Justice of the Forum on Checks & Balances

https://freemistycroslin.wordpress.com/tag/misty-croslin/

^^Misty has a hearing set for March 8th - seeks to reduce her sentence to that of youthful offender's.

Below, New Purple-Themed Website to SUPPORT MISTY and her LEGAL FIGHT FOR FREEDOM and her legal fund.

http://www.justiceformisty.com/index.html

(I'm pretty sure that Haleigh's favorite color was purple.)

[​IMG]

Anyway, should anyone be moved to write our old pals Misty & Tommy, see handy addresses for writing to them at bottom of the website page.

As for me, I was so happy to know how to write to them, I sent each of them a brief note:

Dear Misty:
    I heard you've missed 6 birthdays with your family. WHERE'S HALEIGH?
    She's missed 7 Birthdays.
    That's why you're rotting in jail, silly. You're Florida's best argument for mandatory minimums.
    Did you forget? Well, the world hasn't.
    We will always remember Haleigh. And her favorite color. And her smile.
    Good luck winding back the youthful offender clock. What we will also always remember is that you were old enough to emancipate yourself from your parents and marry Ron immediately after you "misplaced" Haleigh. Your argued your way into legal adult status then; good luck arguing yourself back out of it. Maybe there's a way, if you focus on helping FIND HALEIGH.
    In the meantime, and out of respect, best pick a new favorite color, silly.
    Regards to your folks,
    Kingslayer

Dear Tommy:
    How's sobriety treating you? How's Ron? How's Cousin Joe?
    How are the children & family you gave up for a snort and a lie?
    How weird is it that Misty's new website spelled your name wrong?
    No worries. We all know how to spell your name: TOMMY-THE-LIAR-CROSLIN.
    And, speaking of little ones, WHERE'S HALEIGH?
    Truth will out, might as well be part of it,
    The Big O

(7 years later and I guess I'm still not feeling the Croslins.)

spike, Tammy, Cousin Dupree and 5 others like this.
  4. Kimster

I am completely gobsmacked!!!! Who is the guy that set this up? Is he a family member? Has he lost his MIND!

I love the letters you wrote!

Please note: we do NOT condone donating to this site. In fact, we ask that you do NOT make donations!!! If you choose to donate, who knows where the money will end up!!!

5. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

IMO Totalling days on the calendar is not as important as one's actions. When Haleigh disappeared, Misty was young herself, but taking part in very adult behavior ~ quit schooling, "keeping house" & living with a man & being responsible for his children, having sex & taking chances of becoming pregnant herself, illegally using alcohol, buying, selling & using illegal drugs, yadayadayada. To all of them ~ do the crime, serve the time.

spike, Tammy, Olenna and 7 others like this.
  6. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

I have sat on the page for awhile and attempted to post my feelings. I have repeatedly edited myself. The best I can now write is that I have no charity in my heart for this person. Karma has no deadline.

spike, Tammy, Olenna and 6 others like this.
  7. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

Can I say that I am torn on this? While I do think that Misty knows exactly where Haleigh is, and I would like her to tell the truth in order to bring closure, peace and justice for Haleigh, I don't think that she should be serving two 25-year sentences for the crime she was convicted of committing. I don't think that she killed Haleigh and I do feel that she is also a victim in many regards. Having raised two children to "adulthood", I know that Misty was not emotionally capable of making the decisions she was making or the choices that she chose at such a young age. If there had been any real parental figures in Misty's life, she never would have been emancipated. I see Misty as a product of her environment. Unless LE can prove that Misty personally harmed Haleigh or prove that she had a part in Haleigh's disappearance, then she should be given a more reasonable and appropriate sentence. I won't like it if Misty gets out while Haleigh is still missing, but we do live in America and we should be able to trust our judicial system to be fair. JMHO

Tammy, Olenna, Kimster and 6 others like this.
  8. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Misty is serving her sentences concurrently. The only thing that she has said that I agree with is that she shouldn't be given more time than her ex, Ron Cummings.

spike, Tammy, Olenna and 7 others like this.
  9. walkie-talkie

walkie-talkie Can you hear me now?

spike, Tammy, Olenna and 2 others like this.
  10. walkie-talkie

Misty Cummings?
    You'd think they wold know her last name is Croslin.
    SMH

spike, Tammy, Olenna and 1 other person like this.
  11. Kimster

Do they use "Croslin" as her inmate name?

spike, Olenna and walkie-talkie like this.
  12. walkie-talkie

Yes.
    -----

Corrections Offender Network
    Inmate Population Information Detail

(This information was current as of 2/28/2016)

[​IMG]
    DC Number: V36472
    Name: CROSLIN, MISTY J
    Race: WHITE
    Sex: FEMALE
    Hair Color: BROWN
    Eye Color: BLUE
    Height: 5'02''
    Weight: 126 lbs.
    Birth Date: 12/09/1991
    Initial Receipt Date: 10/20/2010
    Current Facility: LOWELL ANNEX
    Current Custody: CLOSE
    Current Release Date: 08/11/2033
    [​IMG] (Release Date subject to change pending gain time award, gain time forfeiture, or review. A 'TO BE SET' Release Date is to be established pending review.)
    Send money to this inmate.

Aliases:
    MISTY CROSLIN MISTY J CROSLIN
    MISTY JANETTE CROSLIN MISTY JANETTE CUMMINGS

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/ActiveInmates/detail.asp?Bookmark=1&From=list&SessionID=263993425

spike, Kimster, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  13. walkie-talkie

Misty Cummings appeals drug conviction, sentence

Cummings, who is referred to in court records by her maiden name of Croslin, claims that her guilty plea at the time was involuntary, based on off-the-record promises by her lawyer.

According to the appeal, Cummings, who was 18 at the time, claims that her lawyer told her she would be sentenced only to six years in prison under the Youthful Offender Act. Cummings claims she didn't understand any of the procedure because she was being treated with psychotropic drugs for depression and PTSD over the Haleigh case.

Cummings further claims that she was entrapped by co-defendant Donna Brock, and her lawyer never raised the issue of entrapment.

A hearing on Cummings' bid to vacate the sentence and hold a jury trial on the original charges is scheduled Tuesday in St. Johns County. She is representing himself in the case.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/misty-cummings-appeals-drug-conviction-sentence

-----
    "She is representing himself in the case."

SMH

spike, Kimster, Tammy and 1 other person like this.
  14. walkie-talkie

15. walkie-talkie

16. walkie-talkie

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 56m56 minutes ago
    Cummings claims her 25 year drug sentence is not right b/c attorney promised she'd plead guilty and get 6 years under youthful offender law.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 54m54 minutes ago
    Misty Croslin Cummings is first witness. She's shackled and in handcuffs in blue jumpsuit.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 50m50 minutes ago
    Croslin says Palatka attorney Robert Fields represented her after stepdaughter HaLeigh Cummings went missing in 2009. Did not charge her.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 48m48 minutes ago
    #MistyCroslin claims lawyer Fields told her if she plead no contest she would get a max of 6 years in prison as a youthful offender.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 48m48 minutes ago
    #MistyCroslin claims lawyer Fields did not tell her about minimum mandatory of 25 years in prison. Says she was mislead to enter plea.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 45m45 minutes ago
    Asst. State Attorney Christopher France now cross-examining #MistyCroslin... "you're splitting your words mighty fine."

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 44m44 minutes ago
    #MistyCroslin: "I put all my trust in him (attorney), I didn't understand any of it. I'd never been in trouble before."

spike, Ladyslug, Tammy and 3 others like this.
  17. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Judge Traynor request proposed order from both sides of #MistyCroslin appeal within 30 days (April 8th). Hearing adjourned. Court in recess.

Ladyslug, Tammy, Olenna and 2 others like this.
  18. walkie-talkie

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 40m40 minutes ago
    #MistyCroslin hearing has two judges - one from St. Johns County and one from Putnam County. Her cases span 2 counties.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 39m39 minutes ago
    #MistyCroslin's father, Hank Croslin, now on stand. Admits he abused cocaine for 30 years. Says attorney promised up to 6 year sentence.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 36m36 minutes ago
    Prosecutor now calling private criminal law attorney Robert Fields to stand. He was #MistyCroslin's lawyer. Attorney since 1998.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 32m32 minutes ago
    Attorney Fields says #MistyCroslin was living "too flashy" and he told her to "be good" because of national scrutiny from HaLeigh Cummings.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 26m26 minutes ago
    Attorney Robert Fields: "25 years was the ultimate prize" for #MistyCroslin. She could get out, have kids, be younger than her mother.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 26m26 minutes ago
    Attorney Robert Fields says #MistyCroslin claims of his short sentence promises are "ridiculous." There were "no promises made."

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 19m19 minutes ago
    While #MistyCroslin is representing herself on appeal motion, Daytona Beach attorney Tonya Cromartie is here representing her today.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 12m12 minutes ago
    Appellate attorney Tonya Cromartie has called #MistyCroslin back to the stand. They're looking at letter btwn. Croslin and Fields.

Vic Micolucci - WJXT ‏@WJXTvic 7m7 minutes ago
    Judge Traynor request proposed order from both sides of #MistyCroslin appeal within 30 days (April 8). Hearing adjourned. Court in recess.

Ladyslug, Tammy, Olenna and 2 others like this.
  19. Kimster

I wouldn't be surprised if the attorney did say she might get a youth offender sentence. I even think I remember discussing that way back then that she might be able to get that, or maybe she was requesting it at the time? However, I don't think the attorney guaranteed anything.

Zoidar, Ladyslug, Tammy and 2 others like this.
  20. Kimster

In October 2010, Croslin pleaded no contest to a single count of trafficking oxycodone, a charge that carries a 25-year minimum sentence.

Among the four claims that Croslin makes in her motion is her attorney advised her that, because she was 18 at the time of her plea, she would likely receive a youthful offender sentence of only six years. She also claims that her attorney failed to advise her of the mandatory minimum term and that she was unable to comprehend the plea deal due to a “high dosage of psychotropic medications.”

Croslin’s motion says that she was “entrapped into committing the offense of trafficking” by Donna Brock and an undercover detective. Croslin claims that Brock, whom she considered a friend, was acting as a confidential informant when she and Brock met the undercover detective to sell the pills.

Brock was sentenced to 15 years in prison in September 2010 after pleading no contest to similar charges.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2016-03-07/inmate-fighting-sentencing-drug-case