1. BREAKING NEWS IN THE BEAR BROOK MURDERS CASE!
    Three of the Jane Does have been IDENTIFIED!

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
  2. A GUILTY verdict has been reached in the McSTAY murder trial!
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. No Parole for Cop Killers is an ODMP program that makes it easy for you to urge parole boards to deny parole to convicted cop killers.
    In less than one minute, generate and mail a letter to parole boards with scheduled hearings for convicted cop killers.
    You can also subscribe to parole alerts.

http://www.odmp.org/noparole

Dismiss Notice
  4. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  6. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NC HANIA AGUILAR: Missing from Lumberton, NC - 5 Nov 2018 - Age 13 *Found Deceased**ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located/Resolved' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

:vigil::sniffle:

noZme and Paradise like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

FBI agent: "We believe we found Hania" after body found off Wire Grass Road in Robeson County

In a press conference Wednesday, the Lumberton Police Chief and the FBI said they believe they found Hania Aguilar's body.

"We believe we found Hania, but our work is far from over. We have to find out how she died and who did this to her. We have to bring the person responsible to justice,” said FBI Supervisory Resident Agent Andy de la Rocha.

“We are absolutely devastated. I wish we had a different outcome for Hania’s family, for the community, and for the hundreds of law enforcement officers and searchers who put everything they had into finding her alive,” said Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill.

"The Lumberton Police Department and the FBI received notification late this afternoon from the North Carolina Medical Examiner’s Office that a body found yesterday is believed to be Hania Aguilar," a press release from the FBI says. "A final confirmation will be done with an official dental record comparison."

Officials said an autopsy will be performed to find out the manner of death.

The FBI said they do not have a person of interest at this time, and are still looking for who is responsible.

The FBI also said tips coming in lead them to searching the area near Wire Grass Road.

https://www.wbtw.com/news/grand-str...es-they-found-hania-aguilar-s-body/1625109768

Whatsnext, Dobrev, Steve and 2 others like this.
  3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

So....nothing really new at all in the press conference.
    Did they take or answer questions? From all of the articles I can see they just "officially announced" that they believe the body is Hania's. No other info.

4. noZme

noZme Bronze Member

I hadn't heard of this until a couple days ago - so disturbing. Hope to see justice for lovely Hania & so many more.

So often the no-good perps have already been in the system & were able to plea down & are back on the streets. We need tougher penalties, tougher jurists & I guess that means more jails. Some of these criminals cannot be cured of perversions & impulses & society is at danger. It's heartbreaking that the best anyone can do for this child now, is bring her killer into court. Hania will forever be a little 13 year-old girl.

Just damn!

gemini8491, Whatsnext, Dobrev and 4 others like this.
  5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Oh my word! This is just awful. The family is hurting enough as it is, and somebody thought that it was a good idea to whip up some fake news. Sick! If the man mentioned in the false article is a real person, I hope he seeks every kind of remediation possible.

I didn’t drill into those tweets to read the fake article because I was at work, but it did seem really hinky that 1) there were multiple tweets from several accounts 2) they all pointed to the same web site 3) the headline said “Sources” which is a definite fake news indicator 4) no other media reported anything similar

6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Well, being that he's in custody for a different kidnapping, I don't feel SUPER bad for him. But yeah. If he had nothing to do with this, he could (and probably should) sue and be compensated.

Paradise, Whatsnext, Dobrev and 2 others like this.
  7. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

RIP Hania. :vigil:

Whatsnext, Kimster, spike and 2 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI pleads for help after 13-year-old's body found: 'We have to find out how she died and who did this to her'

The body of abducted 13-year-old Hania Aguilar was believed to be recovered this week in North Carolina but the search for answers is far from over.

"We have to find out how she died and who did this to her," Andy de la Rocha of the FBI said in a statement Wednesday. "We have to bring the person responsible to justice."

Investigative leads had prompted authorities to search that area for the missing girl, according to the FBI.

But the FBI is now asking the public for tips on when and how the body was left there.

Anyone with surveillance cameras near Wire Grass Road in Robeson County is asked to call the tip line at 910-272-5871.

Authorities do not have a person of interest, according to the FBI.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/fbi-pleads-13-year-olds-body-found-find/story?id=59491741

Steve, MrsS, Kimster and 2 others like this.
  9. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Officials push crime boxes for tips in Hania Aguilar's murder

Four crime block drop boxes around Lumberton are another way for you to anonymously come forward with information about the kidnapping and killing of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

[...]

Rev. Larry Williams, of Dillon County, developed the boxes more than 20 years ago. The boxes allow residents to secretly and anonymously inform police about a crime.

10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I have never heard of crime boxes before! What a great idea! I wonder what kind of success rate they've had.

11. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I have never heard of them either. Great idea.

kdg411, Whatsnext, Dobrev and 2 others like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI still looking for suspect in Hania Aguilar's death

The FBI continues its search for a suspect in the disappearance and death of a North Carolina teenage girl.

A news release from the agency said it's offering a reward of up to $25,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of those responsible for the death of Hania Aguilar.

The girl's body was found in a body of water in Robeson County on Nov. 27 about 10 miles (16 kilometers) south of the mobile home park where she was kidnapped on Nov. 5 after going outside to start a relative's SUV before school.

https://wpde.com/news/local/fbi-still-looking-for-suspect-in-hania-aguilars-death

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

:(

Hania Aguilar’s father denied visa to attend funeral

The father of the North Carolina teen that was kidnapped and later found dead has been denied a visa to attend her funeral, according to family attorney Naimeh Salem.

Hania Aguilar, 13, was kidnapped from outside her Lumberton home on November 5. A body found off Wire Grass Road on November 27 is believed to be that of Aguilar. According to the FBI, there is no time frame for when a positive identification will be made.

Salem said the father’s expedited visa request was denied. The U.S. State Department says he does not have enough “ties” to Guatemala to receive visa approval, according to Salem. Bank accounts, business assets and family work history help show ties to a country. The ties show the U.S. Government a visa applicant has reasons to return to their native country, Salem noted.

“In the past, these type of requests were granted immediately in situations like these when a daughter is murdered or if there was a really sick immediate family member. But with this government, the current administration, we’re seeing more and more denials in anything that is discretionary.”

An online petition was posted to Change.org urging immigration officials to let Aguilar’s father attend her funeral has over 50,000 signatures as of Thursday morning.

If the request is not approved soon, it is unlikely he will be attending Saturday’s funeral.

http://www.wbtv.com/2018/12/07/hania-aguilars-father-denied-visa-attend-funeral/

Paradise and Whatsnext like this.
  14. Kimster

Write to the White House and ask that he be allowed to come!
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/

Paradise and Whatsnext like this.
  15. Paradise

Paradise Media Mod

Lumberton police, FBI charge man with murder in missing 13-year-old Hania Aguilar’s death
    BY MARK SCHULTZ AND

ABBIE BENNET
    upload_2018-12-8_11-4-44.jpeg
    • LUMBERTON

A man released from prison in June and still on parole has been charged with the kidnapping and murder of 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar, officials announced Saturday.

Michael Ray McLellan, 34, was in law enforcement custody on unrelated charges at the time of his arrest, according to an FBI news release.

He is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree forcible rape, statutory rape of a person under 15 years of age or younger, first-degree sexual offense, statutory sex offense with a person 15 years or younger, first-degree kidnapping, felony larceny, felony restraint, abduction of child and concealment of a death.

Aguilar had been missing since Nov. 5, when authorities say she was forced into a family member’s idling SUV and kidnapped from her driveway in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park in Lumberton.

850 leads followed
      The Lumberton Police Department and FBI followed more than 850 leads and conducted nearly 500 interviews, according to the news release. The federal agency’s laboratory at Quantico examined the stolen SUV, which was recovered Nov. 8.

On Nov. 28 authorities identified a body found in Robeson County as the kidnapped girl. Lumberton police detectives and FBI agents had discovered the body in an area near Wire Grass Road in Lumberton about the previous afternoon, the FBI said in a news release.

“We’re absolutely devastated,” Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeil said during a news conference Nov. 28. “I wish we had a different outcome for Hania’s family, for the community and for the hundreds of law enforcement officers and searchers who put everything they had into finding her alive.”

The N.C. State Crime Lab provided preliminary test results on Aguilar’s body, which helped lead to the current charges, according to the news release.

An autopsy will determine cause of death, McNeil said.

Past convictions
      McLellan was convicted in February on 2017 charges of felony breaking and entering and larceny of a motor vehicle, according to state records. He was sentenced to between nine months and 1 year and 8 months months in prison and was released on parole in June.

In 2007, he was convicted on 2005 charges of assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and first-degree burglary. He was sentenced to between 10 years and 12 years and 9 months in prison and released on parole in February 2016, records show.

McLellan is being held in the Robeson County Detention Center without bail. He will have his first court appearance at the Robeson County Courthouse on Monday.

The investigation is ongoing and more charges are possible, the news release said.

Read more here: https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local/article222842360.html#storylink=cpy

16. spike

spike Bronze Member

Oh.
    Lo and behold.
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

It was he after all.

Steve, Kimster, Paradise and 3 others like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Some 1,000 community members attended the bilingual service for 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar on Saturday in Lumberton, North Carolina, where emotions ran high after word that her suspected killer was arrested.

At the service, held at Lumberton High School, a letter from Hania's father Noé Aguilar was read aloud after he was denied an expedited visa to attend the funeral. He lives in Guatemala.

'You were and you are my treasure. Rest in peace daughter, my gorgeous princess,' the heartbroken father said. 'You left before me, my gorgeous princess. Now I know that I have an angel in heaven.'

'It hurts my soul because I cannot be with you. But I will always keep you in my heart.'

The two-hour ceremony also included a letter read aloud from North Carolina Governor Roy Cooper, eulogies from local officials, Bible readings and music.

Details from Hania's obituary offered details from her life. Her favorite subject school was science, and her career goal was to become an architect. Hania's favorite song was was 'A Thousand Years' by Christina Perri.

The burial took place in Meadowbrook Cemetery just a mile from the high school.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...h-Carolina-girl-kidnapped-raped-murdered.html

Steve, Dobrev, Whatsnext and 3 others like this.
  18. kdg411

kdg411 Resource Mod

Steve, Whatsnext, Dobrev and 4 others like this.
  19. Kimster

Steve, Whatsnext, kdg411 and 4 others like this.
  20. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I just went back through that fake story from before. How crazy that he’s really the guy! My mind is blown.

I mean, the story from before had him confessing while in custody, and also accused of another previous kidnapping. The real sheriff at that point had to say they had no suspects and there were no confessions.

Now the very same person turns out to be the actual suspect, and is linked to lots of evil acts but not quite what was in the fake story. What’s up with that?

It’s awesome that the law caught up with this guy but why was he out on the streets?

Whatsnext, kdg411, Dobrev and 2 others like this.