1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#AmberAlert HANIA AGUILAR: Missing from Lumberton, NC - 5 Nov 2018 - Age 13

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Nov 5, 2018.

1. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Bandanna-wearing man snatches N.C. teen; AMBER Alert issued

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Tip Line: 910-272-5871
    An AMBER Alert was issued Monday for Hania Noelia Aguilar. The 13-year-old girl was snatched from outside her family's home in Lumberton, North Carolina, according to police.

"Aguilar grabbed her aunt's keys to crank up her vehicle to prepare to leave for the bus stop. Witnessed by another family member, an unknown male wearing a yellow bandanna over his face approached and grabbed Hania Aguilar and forced her into the green 2002 Ford Expedition and fled the area," a police spokesperson said. "The vehicle belonging to Hania Aguilar's aunt, has South Carolina registration NWS984. The vehicle has paint peeling from the hood and a Clemson sticker on the rear window."

A detailed description of the abductor is not known.

https://wtvr.com/2018/11/05/hania-noelia-aguilar-amber-alert/

AMBER ALERT: Girl 13, kidnapped from mobile home park in North Carolina

Police in North Carolina say a 13-year-old girl has been kidnapped form a mobile home park.

Lumberton police Capt. Terry Parker tells news outlets that witnesses described a man with a yellow bandana over his face grabbing Hania Noelia Aguilar from a yard in the Rosewood Mobile Home Park just before 7 a.m. Monday.

Parker says Aguilar was forced into a stolen green 2002 SUV with South Carolina license plates,tag number NWS-984.

The FBI released an updated photo on Monday evening that more closely resembles the stolen vehicle.

According to a news release from the FBI, the paint on the hood of the actual vehicle is peeling and has a Clemson sticker on the rear window.

The Lumberton Police Department has set up a special tip line to call if you have information to help investigators find Hania at 910-272-5871.

The FBI said in a news release that Hania's mother asks whoever took her daughter to please bring her back home.

https://wjla.com/news/nation-world/missing-girl-13-kidnapped-from-mobile-home-park-in-north-carolina

Media - https://crimewatchers.net/forum/ind...erton-north-carolina-on-november-5-2018.4316/

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Kimster, Dobrev, spike and 3 others like this.
  2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

New description of vehicle in abduction of 13-year-old girl from Lumberton

State and federal law enforcement agencies are being brought in after a 13-year-old girl was abducted in front of her Lumberton home.

Lumberton police are searching for Hania Aguilar. They say a man grabbed her around 7:00 a.m. as she was standing in a yard at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

The child, who is an 8th grader at Lumberton Junior High School, was waiting on family members to come out and take her to school.

An Amber Alert was issued for Aguilar this morning.

Police say the man forced the girl into a Green 2002 Ford Expedition which he then stole. That vehicle is owned by a relative, according to police, and has a South Carolina-issued license plate NWS-984.

The FBI says the paint on the hood of the actual vehicle is peeling and there is a Clemson sticker on the rear window.

Chief Michael McNeill says there is no information that the girl was forced at gunpoint.

Witnesses could only say the man was dressed in all black and had a yellow bandanna over his face.

Police have asked the FBI and the SBI to help them with this kidnapping.

https://www.witn.com/content/news/M...in-front-of-home-in-Lumberton--499653691.html

[​IMG]

3. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Hunt on for missing teen

The Lumberton Police Department has called in local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to help find a 13-year-old girl kidnapped Monday from a mobile home park while she was waiting on a school bus.

The Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, the State Bureau of Investigation, and the Federal Bureau of Investigation have been called in to help find Hania Noleia Aguilar, Police Chief Michael McNeill said during a news conference at the police department’s headquarters building on Godwin Avenue. Law enforcement also is asking for the public’s help in finding the teenager, who was snatched from Rosewood Mobile Home Park, located at 3381 Elizabethown Road.

Aguilar, who lives at lot 102 in the park, was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition at about 7 a.m. by a man dressed in black and wearing a yellow bandana over his face, police Capt. Terry Parker said in a statement. The abductor then drove away in the stolen vehicle registered to Velasquez Hernandez of Summerville, S.C. The vehicle’s license plate number is NWS 984.

The vehicle was last seen turning left onto Elizabethtown Road, McNeill said.

Police set up a checkpoint near the moble home park soon after the abduction and spokes with motorists to see if they might have valuable information. An Amber Alert was issued at 10 a.m.

When asked about the delay between the kidnapping and the issuance of the Amber Alert, McNeill said, “We wanted to make sure we had the correct information out to the press.”

McNeill declined to go into detail about the status of the investigation and if the kidnapper used a weapon.

“All we know is that she was forced into the vehicle,” McNeill said.

The chief said the Expedition belongs to a relative of the girl.

McNeill said the focus now is finding Aguilar.

“Right now all we want is to get this young girl back to her family,” McNeill said.

https://www.robesonian.com/news/117045/hunt-on-for-missing-teen

4. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

I’m glad to see more information coming out regarding the vehicle. Earlier today, there was coverage about Hania, which is of course good, but if she was grabbed and taken into a now-missing vehicle, the public needs to see that too.

It seems pretty strange that an opportunistic kidnapping like this would occur. The perp seems to have been there, already dressed in black and in possession of a bandana, but they needed to steal the getaway vehicle?

Kimster, Dobrev, spike and 3 others like this.
  6. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

I was thinking that too. Seems odd that they would count on having a getaway vehicle available to them.
    Either they had been watching Hania for a while and knew her routine, or this is someone she knows. Or both.

Dobrev, spike, Steve and 1 other person like this.
  7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI following nearly 50 leads to locate kidnapped Lumberton teenager

The FBI is seeking help from the public in finding a Lumberton girl who was kidnapped on Monday morning in front of her home.

Investigators with the Lumberton Police Department, Robeson County Sheriff’s Office, FBI Agents, and SBI agents are currently following nearly 50 leads. Additional resources from the North Carolina State Highway Patrol and other agencies will be joining the investigation tomorrow.

https://www.salemnews.com/cnhi_netw...cle_6e3df80a-6309-5c88-8a59-b5e80c3c9d1a.html

spike, Steve and Whatsnext like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

spike and Whatsnext like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Hania Noelia Aguilar: $15K reward being offered for abducted Lumberton girl

The FBI announced Tuesday that the agency is offering a reward of up to $15,000 for information that helps locate Hania Noelia Aguilar, the 13-year-old girl who was abducted while she was standing outside her family's Lumberton mobile home yesterday.

"The most important part of our investigation is you, the public," said Andy De La Rocha, a senior FBI agent who is helping in the probe to find Hania. "And we need your help."

Police helicopters canvassed the area above the Rosewood Mobile Home Park, located at 3525 E. Elizabethtown Road, for several hours on Tuesday, and Lumberton police questioned drivers entering the mobile home community as they searched for clues.

At 7 a.m. Tuesday, FBI agents set up a road block in the area and stopped vehicles traveling in the area as part of their probe.

During a Tuesday afternoon press conference, law enforcement officers pleaded for help from the public.

"Please call the special tip line," said Lumberton police Chief Michael McNeill. "We need to hear every little tip we can get."

He said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has sent information about the missing girl to neighboring states, including Georgia, Florida, Tennessee and South Carolina.

"I cannot stress this enough," McNeill said. "Every second counts when a child is missing."

https://www.wral.com/hania-noelia-a...r-abducted-lumberton-girl-continues/17974210/

spike, Steve, Whatsnext and 1 other person like this.
  10. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Camera caught images of SUV moments after kidnapping of Lumberton teen

The Lumberton Police Department announced Wednesday that a surveillance camera captured images of the stolen SUV that Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, was kidnapped in on Monday.

Police did not name the exact location where the SUV was spotted but stated that the image was captured near the girl's home minutes after the kidnapping.

https://www.wral.com/camera-caught-...-after-kidnapping-of-lumberton-teen/17974210/

[​IMG]

Kimster, spike, Steve and 2 others like this.
  11. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Minutes after an early morning crime. Light is hitting the driver side of the vehicle so I would wager they were headed roughly north. I wonder if LE has looked at wooded areas, etc to see if the vehicle was abandoned somewhere.

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed and spike like this.
  12. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother to Lumberton teen's kidnapper: 'I know you have a heart'

The Lumberton community joined in prayer Wednesday night as the search continues for a kidnapped 13-year-old girl.

Circled in strength and surrounded by the Lumberton community, Hania’s mother begged her daughter’s kidnapper to bring her home.

“I don’t know who you are, but I know you have a heart,” she said.

Hania’s teachers also attended Wednesday night’s vigil as her desk at school has sat empty for three days now.

"We're waiting for you. Your desk will be there when you get back," one teacher said.

Hania had started the vehicle against her aunt's wishes on Monday, the girl's sister told WRAL News. Witnesses saw the SUV leaving the mobile home community Monday morning after Hania was snatched in the vehicle while screaming for help.

According to the FBI, the 911 call to report Hania’s abduction was made by a neighbor when a relative ran over to get help. Robeson County 911 workers received the call at 6:54 a.m. Monday.

https://www.wral.com/mother-to-lumberton-teen-s-kidnapper-i-know-you-have-a-heart-/17978143/

kdg411 and Whatsnext like this.
  13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

If she started the vehicle against her aunt's wishes, it would seem that this was NOT her normal routine. So a random creeper watching her would be less likely, I think. But still, he was counting on having a vehicle available... Maybe they just don't want it known that she regularly started the car? I've seen other places that she did more than once.

What made her want to start the vehicle that day?
    Why did a relative have to leave and run to the neighbors to make the phone call? No phones in the home?

I feel like this is someone known to Hania and/or her family. No accusations to either, just trying to figure this one out.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
    kdg411, Lorelei2017 and Whatsnext like this.
  14. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

This is all too odd... the victim goes outside to start the car, alone, without anyone else present - for what reason?
    Then someone hiding their appearance grabs her - planned.
    But they need to take the very car that she has started in order to kidnap her? Really?

Idk what point I'm trying to make here, these are just the thoughts going round my head right now.

15. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Member

16. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

17. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Member

So now I wonder if he had another car ready somewhere, because another carjacking incident would be known by now?
    Just my opinion.

18. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Yep. I'm assuming that he had another car nearby to the woods that the SUV was found. He would have known people would be looking for that car.

19. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

So, they found the SUV. I plotted the route from the mobile home park to Quincey Drive, and it turns out they went South, not North. And then I realized that I need to review my compass directions because it turns out that North does not put East on the driver’s side.

20. Lorelei2017

Lorelei2017 Member

I wonder if it was just put there this morning? Hopefully they have surveillance nearby to sed what they took off in. And if HA was still with him