1. NORTH CAROLINA: An AMBER Alert has been issued for Hania Aguilar, 13, after she was abducted in Lumberton on November 5.
    Hania was forced into a green 2002 Ford Expedition which was found abandoned on November 8.
    A detailed description of the abductor is not known at this time.
    Click HERE for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  4. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

#AmberAlert HANIA AGUILAR: Missing from Lumberton, NC - 5 Nov 2018 - Age 13

Discussion in 'Missing 2015 to Present' started by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Lorelei2017

Lorelei2017 Member

I agree known to family. The timing is just to provide to be oppurtunistic

2. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed Administrator Staff Member

Having another vehicle nearby seems likely.
    Reminds me of Joseph Duncan. He took the Groene children in one vehicle, then switched over to a different vehicle he had stashed nearby.
    I still think this is someone the family knows. Or at least a neighbor they are acquainted with. Likely one that had been watching her for some time.

alethea, Whatsnext, spike and 4 others like this.
  3. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

Me too. The way they grabbed her when she was out at the car when she was alone... seems as if they knew that she would be there on her own. Crazy opportunity if it wasn't planned.

alethea, Whatsnext, spike and 4 others like this.
  4. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

I'm just reading about this abduction for the first time. YIKES!

As an alternate thought I want to add - could the abductor live around where the vehicle was located and have her hidden in some way?

5. Steve

Steve Well-Known Member

There is now some surveillance video being circulated that shows a person (I guess a person of interest?) walking towards the mobile home park. I’m on my phone right now and I’m not sure how to get that posted here directly, but here’s one link from a local tv station:

https://twitter.com/wlos_13/status/1060640532580499456

One thing I noticed - this person is clearly smoking! I hope LE has already searched the area for fresh cigarette butts.

Now that there’s video of a potential person of interest, I hope they can find Hania quickly and bring her home. Several cars passed by in the video. This person was seen by multiple people that morning!

Kimster, Dobrev, Whatsnext and 5 others like this.
  6. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I wondered that, Kimster, but then questioned whether the abductor would draw attention to himself like that by driving near to his own... I guess we've all seen stupider people.

:sigh:

7. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Talk about low-quality video! I know, it's dark. But it's gonna be very hard to identify this guy based on the video. BUT, you're right. People DID drive by and see him. AND hopefully he was stupid enough to discard a cigarette butt.

Steve, Dobrev, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  8. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Mother of 13-year-old kidnapped outside her home: 'Return my daughter, I need her'

With her pastor by her side, the mother of Hania Noelia Aguilar said she's distraught about the kidnapping of her daughter.

"I don't have words to describe how I feel," Elsa Hernandez told ABC11 in an exclusive interview.

Hernandez, speaking Spanish, said she has faith her daughter will be found safe.

The FBI said Thursday it needs the public's help identifying a person seen walking on surveillance video near the kidnapping scene. Video shows what appears to be a man wearing light colored shoes, a light-colored shirt, and a hoodie walking south on Lambeth Street, then turning left on Highway 41/Elizabethtown Road toward the Rosewood Mobile Home Park.

Several vehicles were seen on the video driving by, and the FBI asks that anyone with any information contact the tip line at (910) 272-5871.

Hernandez has this message for Hania's abductor:

"Return her to me because I miss her," Hernandez said. "She's a good, sweet girl."

Hania's stepfather, Miguel Barrera, said they have no clue who could have snatched Hania. FBI agents said Wednesday they had no reason to believe Aguilar knew her abductor.
    But right now, all she wants is her daughter back.

"I need her," Hernandez said. "I am suffering for her. Her sisters are too."

https://abc7chicago.com/mother-of-t...r-home-return-my-daughter-i-need-her/4654326/

Steve, Dobrev, Kimster and 3 others like this.
  9. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

As search for Hania Aguilar enters 5th day, FBI wants to talk to man seen in surveillance video

Family and friends are holding out hope that 13-year-old Hania Aguilar will be found safe as the search for the missing girl entered the fifth day on Friday.

On Thursday, the FBI also released surveillance video showing what appears to be a man walking in the area where the girl was taken.

Investigators said the man was walking south on Lambeth Street before turning north on N.C. Highway 41 toward the mobile home park. Anyone who saw the person was asked to call a tip line set up for the case at 910-272-5871.

"Someone may recognize something about the way this person walks or their mannerisms or clothing," said FBI spokeswoman Shelley Lynch. "Also, we saw in that video that many people drove by the person as he was walking. He may recognize himself."

The FBI is not calling the person in the video a person of interest or a suspect. They would like to find out if he has any information that can help the investigation.

A news conference was planned for 3:30 p.m. on Friday.

https://www.wral.com/as-search-for-...k-to-man-seen-in-surveillance-video/17982300/

Steve, Whatsnext and Kimster like this.
  10. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever seen surveillance released that is good quality. Which I don't get. We have surveillance on the front of our house and the quality is much better... why do the better cameras never catch anything.... ah, anyway, venting!

alethea, Lorelei2017, Steve and 2 others like this.
  11. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

$5,000 added to reward as search continues for abducted Lumberton girl

North Carolina authorities added $5,000 Friday to an existing reward of $15,000 for information leading to a 13-year-old Lumberton girl who was abducted earlier this week.

The North Carolina Governor's Office announced the extra reward funds on Friday while the search for Hania Noleia Aguilar continues.

On Friday, authorities were out searching a field not far from Quincey Drive.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/local-ne...d-search-ongoing-for-hania-aguilar/1581009808

Lorelei2017, Dobrev, Steve and 2 others like this.
  12. Whatsnext

Whatsnext Member

13. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

FBI releases new photos of missing NC teen; $20,000 reward offered

The FBI has released new photos of the 13-year-old girl who was abducted from her Lumberton home Monday morning.

Hania Noelia Aguilar, 13, still hasn't been found, although officials say they have found the car that the teen was taken in, and they have released video of a suspicious character seen walking in the area of Aguilar's home just before she was kidnapped. The FBI is continuing to ask for help identifying the person seen walking in the home surveillance video.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/...otos-of-missing-nc-teen-20-000-reward-offered

[​IMG]

kdg411, Lorelei2017, MrsS and 2 others like this.
  14. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

I dread to think what this girl is going through, if she is still alive.

Steve, Lorelei2017, MrsS and 2 others like this.
  15. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

North Carolina offers $5,000 additional reward in search for kidnapped 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar

The state of North Carolina is offering up to a $5,000 reward in the desperate search for kidnapped 13-year-old Hania Noelia Aguilar.

North Carolina Gov. Roy Cooper announced the additional reward Thursday afternoon, asking for information that leads investigators to Hania's location.

The FBI is offering a reward up to $20,000.

So far, there is no indication Hania was targeted, according to police.

"It breaks my heart to stand here before you five days after Hania has been missing and kidnapped and not have her back yet," Lumberton Police Chief Michael McNeill told reporters at a press conference Friday afternoon.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/north-car...nal-reward-search-kidnapped/story?id=59103408

Steve, kdg411, Lorelei2017 and 3 others like this.
  16. kdg411

kdg411 Well-Known Member

Steve, Whatsnext, Dobrev and 2 others like this.
  17. SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Active searches continue for abducted Lumberton teen Hania Aguilar

Saturday, investigators searched parts of Lumberton hoping to get closer to finding a 13-year-old girl who was kidnapped nearly a week ago.

It's been five days since Hania Aguilar was taken outside her home at the Rosewood Mobile Home Park just before 7 a.m. Monday.

Saturday, North Carolina State Highway Patrol's helicopter flew evidence from the investigation to be processed and analyzed by the FBI in Quantico, Va.

https://www.cbs17.com/news/north-ca...ucted-lumberton-teen-hania-aguilar/1587482244

[​IMG]

Steve, kdg411, Whatsnext and 2 others like this.
  18. TripleA

TripleA Zoo Keeper

I have not read all of the news reports, but is there anything to indicate that maybe HA planned this with someone she met online? Could she have been tricked by an online predator?

My prayers go out for this beautiful young lady and her family.

alethea, Steve, spike and 4 others like this.
  19. Dobrev

Dobrev Well-Known Member

There has been nothing but out there to the public that this is the case, but always possible. We still don't know for sure if that might be the case for Jayme Closs either. We're in the dark with both of these cases.

20. Kimster

Kimster Administrator Staff Member

Steve, spike and Dobrev like this.