1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

HANNAH GRAHAM & MORGAN HARRINGTON: Virginia vs. Jesse Matthew Jr. for murder *GUILTY PLEA*

Discussion in 'Courtroom' started by ~Lyric~, May 5, 2015.

1. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

MULDER and Kimster like this.
  2. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

3. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

SoSueMe, MadgeS, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  4. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

[​IMG]Mike Valerio ‏@MikeNBC12 1m1 minute ago
    Capital murder defined in VA "willful, deliberate & premeditated killing" prosecutors say #JesseMatthew meets criteria in #HannahGraham case
    [​IMG]Colleen Quigley ‏@colleenwquigley 2m2 minutes ago
    BREAKING: Comminwealth's Atty: new forensic evidence is the reason for upgrading charges to capital murder #HannahGraham #JesseMatthew
    [​IMG]Mike Valerio ‏@MikeNBC12 8m8 minutes ago
    Capital murder defined in VA "willful, deliberate & premeditated killing" prosecutors say #JesseMatthew meets criteria in #HannahGraham case

MadgeS, MULDER and Kimster like this.
  5. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

An Albemarle County, Virginia, judge set a hearing for June 25 for Matthew, 33, the last person seen with Graham, 18, who disappeared after a night out with friends last September.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...ce-death-penalty-murder-hannah-graham-n354241

FOX 5's Marina Marraco reports that forensic evidence found in February triggered the new indictment for capital murder, which was announced in court Tuesday afternoon.
    The judge also revealed that she has a child who attends the University of Virginia. She said she may be asked to recuse herself from the case. A motion to address that issue will be taken up on June 25.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/28981188/jesse-matthew-court

MadgeS, MULDER, CA Lady and 1 other person like this.
  6. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Meet The Woman who spotted Jesse Matthew on that beach in Texas:

“It was a beautiful day blue skies white clouds sunshine,” Monk recalled. “I am sitting looking out at the water. Me and my dog eyes closed listening to music.”
    Her peace was disrupted when she noticed she had company on the beach. First she saw a tent, then a car. The car was headed right toward her.

http://wtvr.com/2015/05/05/karen-monk-jesse-matthew/

noZme, MULDER and Kimster like this.
  7. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

How kind of Gil to be involved. I talked to her some when she was on a radio show that I used to co-host. She is a very very sweet lady and my heart goes out to her. I wish I could ease their pain somehow!

noZme, MadgeS, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  8. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

We'll just lift her up. To know, that this monster is responsible for your own child's murder and want to help another mother along, will help, I do believe in some sort of peace for her as well. To know, through DNA on Morgan's shirt.
    I truly hope that he does get the death penalty.

noZme, MadgeS, MULDER and 1 other person like this.
  9. MULDER

MULDER Bronze Member

That was an good interview - I can see how precarious it was in so many instances for him to eventually and thankfully get caught.
    Brave, determined and courageous - I'm glad she is being recognized for what she did.

noZme, MadgeS, Kimster and 1 other person like this.
  10. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

I am glad too, after reading it, I thought, I prolly woulda still called to get the police after no help from crime stoppers people but then to think of 0'ing out the odometer to know exactly how far! I don't know if I would have thought to do that.

MadgeS, MULDER and Kimster like this.
  11. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

I wouldn't have thought to do that until now, after reading the article!

I'm always afraid I wouldn't recognize a sketch. I was told that if we get used to side by sides, it makes it easier. That's why we put a couple of side by sides on our marquee. I'll be adding more in the future.

MadgeS, ~Lyric~ and MULDER like this.
  12. MadgeS

MadgeS Bronze Member

MULDER, noZme and ~Lyric~ like this.
  13. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Delay in Jesse Matthew's Fairfax Trial Denied by Judge

A judge has denied a request by attorneys for Jesse Matthew Jr. to delay his attempted murder trial in Fairfax in a case dating back to 2005.
    Matthew is scheduled to go on trial June 8 in Fairfax in the earlier case. He is accused of attacking a 26-year-old woman as she walked home from a grocery store in the city of Fairfax in September 2005.

The victim was dragged into a wooded area and sexually assaulted. Her attacker was interrupted by a passerby and then ran off.

Matthew was indicted in October 2014 for attempted capital murder, abduction with attempt to defile, and sexual penetration with an object in that case. All three charges are felonies. He has pleaded not guilty.

Matthew is also facing charges of capital murder, first-degree murder and abduction with intent to defile in the Graham case.

Graham vanished in September 2014 after a night out with friends. Her remains were found about five weeks later.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Jesse-Matthew-Fairfax-Trial-Judge-Denies-Delay.html

14. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

MULDER likes this.
  15. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Jesse Matthew's in back in the news... The Capital Attempted Murder Trial in Fairfax, VA.
    Talked with Kimster and for now, We can post about this trial here.
    I believe, this trial will take place first, then the Trial of the murder of Hannah Graham.

So on with the news.....

MULDER likes this.
  16. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

MULDER likes this.
  17. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP · 5h5 hours ago
    Judge in #JesseMatthew case will weigh if rape victim's name should be used in motion. It WAS Monday http://bit.ly/1PxOSqh

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP · 3h3 hours ago
    Set to cover #JesseMatthew rape hrg: Should victim be able to ID him at trial, since she only got glimpse in 2005?

Neal Augenstein @AugensteinWTOP · 2h2 hours ago
    Judge ordered both sides in #JesseMatthew rape case to use victim's initials in filings, rather than full name

Judge denied defense motion to have victim brought here today to ID #JesseMatthew. Defense said it would be unfair to have 1st ID at trial

Judge denied #JesseMatthew defense motion to have court pay to bring victim to US from India to ID Matthew before June 8 trial

Judge granted defense motion to have victim ID #JesseMatthew in Thursday hearing before Monday June 8 trial date.

#JesseMatthew said nothing to court during motions hearing, sitting next to public defender Robert Frank, while pub def Dawn Butorac spoke.

MULDER likes this.
  18. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Judge thanked media for discretion in not publishing victim's name in #JesseMatthew rape case. Filing on court site made it public Weds.

Prosecution said victim is "cooperative but uncomfortable" about testifying against #JesseMatthew, and "concerned for her privacy."

Judge rules victim in #JesseMatthew rape case will have chance to ID him in court three days before trial.

19. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member

Kimster likes this.
  20. ~Lyric~

~Lyric~ Bronze Member