1. Keeping Children and Adults Safe
    Click Here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. What do you do if you have a loved one missing?
    In this section, you will find tips on what to do and not do.
    Easily find organizations that you can contact for help.
    Click here for more information
    Dismiss Notice
  3. “We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone.”
    Our mission: Working together to help locate the missing, name the unidentified
    and discuss true crime cases within an intellectual, safe and respectful Internet community.
    *~*~*~*Don't forget, we are on Facebook! www.facebook.com/CrimeWatchersNet*~*~*~*~*
    CLICK HERE FOR FORUM SUPPORT
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Crimewatchers.net! We are happy to have you with us.
Please let any staff member know if you need assistance. We're here to help! (If you aren't a member, please join us today. We'd love to meet you!)
Dismiss Notice
Crimewatchers.net opened on April 26, 2015 with the purpose of making a difference in getting the word out for the missing, unidentified, and justice for victims. Let us know if you have a case you'd like us to feature here, on Twitter &/or Facebook. Contact email: CrimewatchersCW@gmail.com

NETHERLANDS HOLLAND SHOOTING: Gunman 'with possible terrorist motive' opens fire on Dutch tram

Discussion in 'Europe: Crimes & Trials' started by Dobrev, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Holland Shooting: At least one dead and multiple wounded after gunman 'with possible terrorist motive' opens fire on Dutch tram before going on the run, as nearby schools are put on lockdown:

At least one person has died and a number of people injured in a shooting 'with possible terrorist motive' in the central Dutch city of Utrecht on Monday morning, local news reports.

One or several gunmen opened fire on a tram in the city centre at around 10.45 local time on Monday morning, before fleeing the scene, witnesses say.

Police say one or multiple assailants are still at large, and have since instructed all schools in the city to keep their doors closed.

The casualty was reported by the Dutch ANP news agency, which stated that the victim was completely covered with a sheet and lying on the tracks between two carriages. There was no immediate official confirmation.

The Utrecht police said a square at a tram station outside the city centre had been cordoned off as emergency services were at the scene.

Officials added that trauma helicopters were sent to the scene, and they are appealing to the public to stay away to allow first responders to do their work.

They had no further details about the incident and could not say how badly hurt the victims were.

'Several shots were fired in a tram and several people were injured. Helicopters are at the scene and no arrests have been made,' said police spokesman Joost Lanshage.

Dutch media quoted an eyewitness as saying he had seen a woman lying on the ground amid some kind of confrontation. Several men ran away from the scene, the witness said.

Local resident Jimmy De Koster witnessed the incident and told De Telegraaf: 'I was standing at the traffic lights on 24 Oktoberplein and I saw a woman lying down, I think she would have been between 20 and 35 years old.

'She shouted 'I didn't do anything'.'

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte called the situation 'very worrying' and the country's counterterror coordinator said in a tweet that a crisis team was meeting to discuss the situation.

Utrecht is located about 25 miles south of Amsterdam in central Holland.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6821647/Gunman-opens-fire-tram-Holland-wounding-people.html

Ladyslug likes this.
  2. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Incident: Emergency services have cordoned off a tram in Utrecht, Holland, where one or several assailants opened fire on commuters at around 10.45 local time today

$.jpg

noZme likes this.
  3. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Emergency services stand at the 24 Oktoberplace in Utrecht, the Netherlands, where the shooting took place

$ (1).jpg

Ladyslug and noZme like this.
  4. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Armed police at the scene where a shooting took place, as police say they are considering a terrorist motive

$ (2).jpg

5. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

Police forces and emergency services stand at the 24 Oktoberplein as local media reported that counter-terrorism police was present at the scene

$ (3).jpg

6. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

pictures all from the same link above.

7. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

what ever is happening to this world?

Kimster and Ladyslug like this.
  8. Angela

Angela Member

I seen this on the news
    We just had the New Zealand attack now this
    It is true what is happening in this world
    I do know one person has died
    In this tram attack
    And many injured
    I know there be more to come with this
    And feel for all the loved ones on the person who died and many injured

9. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

the world is a complete mess @Angela that's right.
    i'm losing all faith that we all ever understand 'peace'.

hate isn't a word i have room for.

10. Kimster

Kimster Director Staff Member

All that we worked so hard for in decades past is slipping away. I refuse to quit, though! I will continue to spread peace and love to all corners of the ring!

Dobrev likes this.
  11. Dobrev

Dobrev Former Member

:loveshower:
    i will join you.
    i'm so sick of these headlines.

Kimster likes this.